Final Fantasy VII Remake

Obviously if you wanted to do it you would need to do more than change just the voices and graphics.

I am against a remake btw..the original was good enough...

I suspect we'll see a remake eventually..way too much money to be made from it to just not do it.

How could they not, that game is legendary. Such an amazing storyline and fighting system.
Some people have not been able to experience FF-7 due to it being such a rare game and on playstation 1

Some people have not been able to experience FF-7 due to it being such a rare game and on playstation 1

...but it isn't a rare game anymore. It's available for download from PSN, so it's now readily available.

Business-wise, remaking FFVII would be a very logical step for SE. Glancing at the poll at the top, it comes to no surprise as to how many people are in favour of a FFVII remake. SE is sitting on a potential giant of a gold mine and they don't seem to be noticing it. By remaking FFVII, they would be opening the floodgates to a lot of money. As to why they are hesitant to remake it I am unsure.

Personally I don't quite understand all this praise towards FFVII. Is it a great FF game? More or less. Is it one of the greatest games ever? Not really. I just find that it receives far too much praise than what it should really deserve, but that's my own opinion anyway. It's already out on PSN and from a non-business point of view (and the general point of view from someone who used to be a large FF fan), a remake is unnecessary. It's been played to the death already. Lush, HD graphics don't necessarily make a game that much better, and I know I sound like a broken record being played over and over again now, but I'd rather see something new.

...but it isn't a rare game anymore. It's available for download from PSN, so it's now readily available.

Business-wise, remaking FFVII would be a very logical step for SE. Glancing at the poll at the top, it comes to no surprise as to how many people are in favour of a FFVII remake. SE is sitting on a potential giant of a gold mine and they don't seem to be noticing it. By remaking FFVII, they would be opening the floodgates to a lot of money. As to why they are hesitant to remake it I am unsure.
I think it has to do with certain parts of the fandom if you catch my drift. Also, they'd have a lot of pressure on their backs when making this game. I mean, people, fans new and old, even haters, are going to be ready to burn SE if they mess up with such an iconic game. I don't blame them for being hesitent on making this game, that's a lot to live up to.

Personally I don't quite understand all this praise towards FFVII. Is it a great FF game? More or less. Is it one of the greatest games ever? Not really.
That's left for opinion, though. VII was one of the first games to actually sell the PS1, along with Spyro, NFL, etc--back in 97 that game had the highest ratings and the best praise a game could recieve.

Whether or not people want to admit it, VII is iconic. From its characters, story, graphics, and even music.

As it stands with Square Enix right now I do not want a Final Fantasy VII remake. If I want to play Final Fantasy VII I'll play the original game I have for the Sony Playstation. Right now Square Enix is having a hard enough time making new Final Fantasy games. I fear that if Final Fantasy VII was remade they would somehow drop the ball just like I feel they dropped it with X-2, with XII, XIII and XIV. Now unless the original Final Fantasy VII team is working on it to keep the vision alive then maybe I'll feel a little more comfortable, but not if the director of FFXIII is going to be directing and trying to make it like XIII.

I mean a new game would mean prettier graphics and voice acting, but would the voice acting be top notch? How would the battle system work for it? Would they have to upgrade that too? Would Microsoft want a 4 disc port for the 360? Right now I would like Square Enix to clean their shit up before they even THINK about touching this classic and creating a remake for the PS3. I just don't trust them right now with remaking such a classic game when the chances that they could ruin it is too high. IMO remakes are very rarely better than the original anyways.

I would love to see a remake of Final Fantasy 7 for the PS3. I think it has great potential to transcend the original game not only in graphics and gameplay but with overall storytelling as well. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but in my opinion Square Enix/Square Soft have never made a bad game since the creation of Final Fantasy so I have faith in them if they do go ahead with this project. I think the risk would be well worth it, I just won't hold my breath for it to come out any time soon.

I mean a new game would mean prettier graphics and voice acting, but would the voice acting be top notch? How would the battle system work for it? Would they have to upgrade that too? Would Microsoft want a 4 disc port for the 360? Right now I would like Square Enix to clean their shit up before they even THINK about touching this classic and creating a remake for the PS3. I just don't trust them right now with remaking such a classic game when the chances that they could ruin it is too high. IMO remakes are very rarely better than the original anyways.
Wow... those are really good questions. You're right, as it stands now, I wouldn't want this mis-mashy team even glancing at FFVII. It'd be scary to see it come out like 10 for voicing acting. Or to see such a vibrant story of tragedy and brilliance be watered down to a grey emotionless mush ball.

It's that old and it only has 139 pages. 8( FAIL.

No doubt they will remake it, but when? and will it be good? are the questions that need answering.

From what Ayen said, they brought up some major reasons for them to NOT remake this game.

I want to see a remake of Final Fantasy VII but with the same team that was working on it back in 1997. The reason why I am saying this is because if you look at the Final Fantasy games that are been published now, they aren't coming out as good as they did back then. If you think about it for a moment the only good game that Square-Enix has accomplished is Dissidia Final Fantasy which it sold tons of copies worldwide. Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XII and others turn out to be the most disappointing games ever created in the Final Fantasy series. I for one never liked the looks of these games and that's why I prefer the original team to work on the Final Fantasy VII remake if they agree to make one. If not then they should go ahead and make a new Final Fantasy game. If Square-Enix gets their hands on the Final Fantasy VII remake and it turn out as bad as their previous games, then it will totally kill the original Final Fantasy VII game.

They haven't been making great Final Fantasy games since the beginning of Final Fantasy X-2. Squaresoft has made the best Final Fantasy games which are still famous even today. As I mention before the only worthy game that Square-Enix has made is Dissidia Final Fantasy. The others Final Fantasy games were a total disappointment. The stories aren't as good as the others, the battle systems are totally failures and the gameplay doesn't feels the same as before. If they want to achieve a good Final Fantasy game then they should start to think of a different strategy to satisfied us. This is the only reason I don't want the Producer of Final Fantasy XIII to remake the greatest Final Fantasy game out there and ruin it.

Wow... those are really good questions. You're right, as it stands now, I wouldn't want this mis-mashy team even glancing at FFVII. It'd be scary to see it come out like 10 for voicing acting. Or to see such a vibrant story of tragedy and brilliance be watered down to a grey emotionless mush ball.

I think voice acting wise they would want to get the same people who worked on the movie, with maybe the exception of the VA for Aerith. I think for Aerith they would want the girl who voiced her in Crisis Core since her performance was the best received out of the three Voice Actors the character have gone through. Oh and I agree with what Spawn basically said. The only way I'd fully support a FFVII remake, besides them getting their act together and producing a good Final Fantasy game, would be if the original team was in charge of the project.

Instead of remaking final fantasy 7 as another game for ps3. Why not just remake it into a 3 (3 hours each) FULL LENGTH CG FILMS?! Seriously I would like a remake of FF7 but I don’t have the time to play it anymore. I’m sure most people feel like this too. So make it into a film so I can watch it over and over again.

It’ll cost less and take less time to make and box office will sky rocket.

Spread the word!

what i don't understand is,why they have to changes the battle system on each fantasy !why they don't keep the materia system on each game or the gambit system,wich fer me,was the best system in the final fantasy series !

I expect Square would change the game somewhat in a remake.Do you really expect Kitase and Toriyama to just keep things as is ?
I don't.

I was recently called a FFVII fanboy by an idiot on another forum when I expressed my belief Square would remake the game
for financial reasons.
I don't want a remake but I expect one.Too much money to be made from a remake.

They certainly won't make another movie.That would be the kiss of death.

ANyone seen this vid yet? Its fucking epic, especially the last scene at the menu ! wow that menu is just a small aspect of the vid but I tell you I almost clicked on new game with my mouse :gonk::giggle:

uh...That's pretty good.
sheesh maybe I am becoming an FFVII fanboy.rotfl.

I don't know anymore..about my opposition to a remake.
I'm waffling, that's for sure.
sheesh...

I'd only accept a remake if they didn't change it too durastically, and some stuff would have to be removed or changed... It would get really annoying, and it would cost tons of money and time to make. I'd prefer if it had almost 100% voice acting so it's not half text dialogue...

I'd only accept a remake if they didn't change it too durastically, and some stuff would have to be removed or changed... It would get really annoying, and it would cost tons of money and time to make. I'd prefer if it had almost 100% voice acting so it's not half text dialogue...

Are you sure you want to hear the voice of every character including NPCs in the game? I would rather they do that for scenes and put text for towns.

Square will never make a re-make of Final Fantasy VII i feel. But id love to see a re-make. With the game kept exactly thge same, just with updated visuals, and maybe the voice actors from Advent Children.

Back