Final Fantasy VII Remake

Quite frankly I'd love a remake, it not for all the horrible retconning in the other games. It doesn't have to be hugely different, but you know, why not make some clues in the Shinra Basement that allude to Project G? Or in Shina HQ have some reports mentioning past professors like Lazard? It would be the ultimate chance for SE to finally have all these things in all these spin offs that made no sense, tie in together nicely and just complete it.

Maybe the reason that it'll take over 9000 years to make is because they've already fucked themselves royally with all the retconning they don't even know where to begin with fixing it. :monster:

Good graphics does not mean graphical fixation. FFVII is a marvel of writing, story, and gameplay . . . that's still most important, or you wouldn't have hundreds of people still playing the game, and 450 people on an internet forum voting for a remake. A facelift would honor the game - it would be like the 2nd coming of videogame Jesus. The SNES FFs have all been given wonderful remakes - FFVII deserves the same.

Well hear it is a year and more since my last post here and we aint seen no sign of a freakin remake......disappointed......not really.......surprised not really, at this point a FFVII remake would seem like step backward IMO.

FFVII has more games related to it that 1 more might change peoples attitudes towards it in the negative......but it would be nice if came about would'nt it?

Quite frankly, I really can't see how anybody would really want to see a remake or anymore spinoffs. Unless you're one of those FFVII fanboys who just eat any kind of shit up dealing with this game. It's really gotten to the point to where enough is enough, I want new games with new characters, new story, and new adventures. This going back and forth of "To make a remake, or not to make a remake. That is the question." If they're going to make a remake then fine, make the damn thing. If not then focus on a new fucking game and let it be done. FFVII is the most milked out and butchered game I have ever saw, and whats really shitty is that this game was my favorite. Until it started getting fucked with shitty spinoffs, lame ass Anime movies.
I'm just ready for this game and everything dealing with it to just die and be left alone. Classics should be left alone because that feeling that it once had and the specialness it added, is long gone for me.

Omigodd, the only reason I'd buy the remake would be because of Cloud (fajsfuhuas *_*). (There is certainly going to be a remake....in my opinion)
I wouldn't necessarily pray for a remake, because they're probably going to forget so many things that's in the original game. They've already messed up some parts of the story with their spin offs (even though I haven't PLAYED them, I've talked with people who does, watched FMV's and such), which makes me really sad. :'(
I do hope they don't forget Don Corneo. (HAHA his name in latin actually means horny) That dude made Cloud dress like a girl. CORNEO IS EPIC!

rotfl...

Of course there hasn't been any announcement of a remake.

In fact in interviews Kitase and Toriyama have downplayed the possibility of a remake, saying it would be too hard to accomplish and cost too much.

I kind of expect a remake at some point..I am against it but I expect it because there's simply too much money Square could make from a remake to dismiss doing it.

And that lays key to the problem right there that you just said, money. It's because of fanboys eating shit up that garbage games and spinoffs keep getting made, and the game getting ruined because of it, the game being hated because of it. If people could actually say "Alright, enough is enough. Idc if it has FFVII in it's title I'm done with these spinoffs." Then maybe SE could move on and get the picture that enough has been done. You can't tell me there is any way that a rational fan, a fan that can take off the blinders and see through the bullshit and get off the kool-aid still wants these spinoffs.

The only way I could see people wanting a remake is because 1- They are graphic whores and foam out of the mouth at anything that looks amazing in HD. Or 2- They just wanna hear what the characters sound like. Both of these 2 add ons are not necessary for the game. It does nothing to change the events of the story. Aeris won't up and all of a sudden whip out her Binding Rod and stop the Masamune from piercing through her, and then in turn stab Sephiroth. Nothing will change, so why remake the game?

Last edited:
I voted yes..........

But I do understand why SE are taking the piss actually announcing weather they are going to do it or not.

FFVII was made in 1997.......not many people play games that were made over 10 years ago.......and even if they did it wouldn't compare anything to how many people were playing it at the time.

Most gamers who played FFVII and fell in love with it must be old by now.......and a remake which is going to take like 20 years........well they really aren't going to be bothered about a FFVII remake at 50 will they?

And even if people do play FFVII I don't think they'll get the same amount of enjoyment as they would of if they played the game in the old generation of gaming...........

So I can understand SE taking the piss out of a remake, but they don't need to tease us by responding to answers about a remake,making a demo or always asking us how we fell about one!! :rage:

it'll only make things worse!

But before they do anything about a remake they need to sort out the story mainly and the gameplay...........since so many people hated FFXIII even though I liked it!

I would personally love a remake, however if they did remake it, it wouldn't be exactly the same as the original, they would have to change quite a lot of stuff, since the way it was made was dictated for a large part by the hardware it was being created on. As you know, the PS3 opens up a vast catalogue of new opportunites for them to do things they may have originally wanted to do. \

So I guess there will be a lot of FF fans that will get annoyed by SE changing FF7 if they did do a reamke since their not bound by the same tech as they were back then.

There would be the fear that they'd lose what makes FF7 amazing by remaking it by todays standards.

I just know I'll probably get flamed here... but, where's the 'Oh Hell No!' option? Seriously though, a remake of FFVII isn't required. The majority of people who are often 'demanding' a remake (I've noticed over numerous forums), are more often than not newer fans to the series. Mainly introduced via one of the PS2 FF's, and complain about the graphics, character design or story. FFVII should stay as it is and SE should focus on other games as some of their recent games are lacklustre, mediocre and in short, boring.

definitely yes! just walk into GameStop, buy it, take it home, and the opening menu has 3 options: 1: play in the original graphics. 2: play in new graphics with original character costumes/hair. 3: play in new graphics with Advent Children/ Dirge of Cerberus outfits. sweeeeet....

I have played final fantasy 7 over 20 times since it first came out and i have always had only one problem in it. that is graphics, i think it would be a great idea to remake final fantasy 7 with better graphics and a better voice overs for ps3. however i want nothing of the game changed in any way apart from that. the story line and game play was second to non in my book and the twists in the story line were perfect

Personally, Yes I would love a remake so much. If it's money we're talking about, SE will surely get what they would spend if they do the remake. FF vii has millions of fans out there, ain't it the best selling FF game? They'll even most likely gain more than what they would spend. And if they do a remake, they could improve the graphics. Like the latest FF games, the graphics are really cool. There's no need to change the game and story anyway, it's what brought it to it's greatness, just the graphics. Many would surely love that.

I wonder how many threads have been merged to make this...........superthread?

I been here before..........supposedly the remake was a PS2 project but it was scrappred
or was that FFXIII versus?........perhaps it would have just been called FF Versus.

A remake is not out of the realm of possibility.

Alright everybody, after seeing NUMEROUS threads constantly being made on this subject and closing all these threads, it's getting a little tiring. So Aeris Gainsborough gave me the idea to create a sticky for you all to discuss this. Do you think Square will remake Final Fantasy VII for the PS 3? Post your comments, suggestions, opinions, etc... here!

It would make my year to see a remake being done, but only if game play and storyline was not effected. Voice overs and graphics to be changed only :)

Back