Final Fantasy VII Remake

Personally, i would not want to see a remake. The game is perfect as it is. Square has done enough with FF7 as it is. Honestly, if they spent less time with vii they could make their future ff games better they would have been.

Not to mention it would attract all the noobs who have never played an FF game before because the graphics were bad. Then they would be like "Ya im a total hardcore FF fan!!!"

Also, on a final note i think it would be cool if they spent more time on their other francizes. And yes, i am aware of the Chrono Trigger remake which i am flipping excited for.

My opinion is this:

If they made a remake I would buy it, but to make a remake now would honestly take way to much time and money for them to fork out. So I don't see it happeneing in the next year or two, maybe down the line though.

If they remake the game.. up the graphics.. and that's it.

DON'T CHANGE THE STORY LINE, COMBAT SYSTEM, ADD SUMMONS!! everything was perfect the first time, by changing the smallest of things you could really mess this game up.

Also when they say remake, please don't say change the storyline, that means an entirely new game. We don't need anymore FF VII spin offs.

FF7 for PSX was a great game. I would like to see a remake of it. PS3 graphics would make the summons more awesome looking, not to mention the towns and boss fights(Weapon). They also may add some new side-quests and items.:shiva:

Personally, my opinion has changed quite recently... I wish I could take back that vote... A FF7 remake by Squeenix would be hell. D: They'd screw everything over just to make all the spin-offs look legit. :/

I would like to see a remake, if it was in the spirit of the other Nintendo DS remakes. I don't know that the DS would be the right platform for a FF7 remake though. The PSP would probably be a good choice, and I would even buy a PSP for that remake.

Also, since I only own the PC version of this game, I would LOVE to see a PC remake of it. Not a lot needs to be done even, just update the textures from 8-bit to something modern graphics cards can use, and work better on XP and Vista out of the box.

I think it would be a nice idea to remake Final Fantasy VII just as they have remade the earlier ones for the DS. However, I would only enjoy this if they remade VIII and IX too because it's obvious that although VII is a good game, it gets a lot more attention and if it deserves to get remade then so do VIII and IX :)

a remake of ff7 would be amazing... the improved graphics would be better but they need to keep the same music and stuff

I would love a remake but only if they didnt ruin the story, dont get rid of the world map, dont change the battle system and use the voice actors from FF:AC

Eh. I would only want a remake if they kept it the same story and script wise, and ONLY revamped the graphics. Perhaps the music, too; making it more "orchestrated" (for lack of a better word?) and less "video game synth" sounding. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the music, but it would be odd to have a great looking game with old music, haha.

If they started deviating from the story/script... no. Just no. So, I vote Not Sure.

The thing is that they would almost definitely change the script to include references to all the things that have been included in the spin offs such as Genesis, Angeal and Deepground. So the extremity of these changes would determine whether or not the quality of a remake would differ from that of the original.

Personally I am not a HUGE fan of the original (I did enjoy it but it certainly isn't my favorite FF) but one thing that does annoy me is the fact that the spin off's (particularly Crisis Core) have affected the original story, I mean in the original, Genesis didn't even exist let alone appear at Nibelheim, and I definately would not want a remake to feature Genesis in the slightest way.

However, If a remake was to be made I would definately buy it (I would rather see it made in a few years though so they can focus on NEW projects) and if it did happen to feature a new storyline it isn't the end of the world and any fanboy who doesn't want thier precious FFVII tainted can STFU and just play the original.

So to summarize I really couldn't care less if they Remake VII, I would rather see SE come up with some new material rather than focus on a good game they made 10 years ago. But if they do remake it I will buy it and (hopefully) enjoy it.

THE HELL ARE U ON ABOUT SASHMAN A REMAKE WOULD NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THAT OTHER STUFF BECAUSE ITS NOT A SAMMARY OF WHATS HAPPENED BEFOR AFTER OR DURING ITS A REMAKE DUDE AND DON'T U HAVE ANY FAITH IN SQARE ENIX TO DO THE VERY BEST WORK ON SAID REMAKE MAN IF THE REMAKE IS ANY WHERE GOOD AS CRISIS CORE THEN WE ARWE IN FOR TREAT IF THEY DECIDE TO MAKE 1 THE REAL QUESTION IS WILL IT BE A PS3 EXCLUSIVE BUT WHTEVER I WOULD BY IT PLAY IT FOR 700 HOURS AND ADD IT TO MY COLLECTION OFF FF GAMES. CAN U IMAGINE THE QUALITY OF OF THIS GAME IT WOULD LIKE THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET BESIDES LESBIANS & BIGMACS

I agree with you Galaxy, If they were to make a FFVII remake I would definatly buy it, and you also have a point. Sashman, just because they came out with Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and ETC...doesn't mean that a remake of the original would be too different. And the whole thing with Genesis and Angeal they died before the story of the orginal took place, and they have so many holes in the original story because Cloud was badly infused with Mako energy, they seem to have blended the story of Crisis Core well with the original story-line

For me, I think the only thing they should do is make it, not a re-make but a film, prelude to advent children. Then the non gamers who loved the movie can see it for what it is, and appreciate just how meaningful it is to us.

Game, possibly, PS3. Hell no, I hate the fact that the console itself is so stupidly priced. Sony must think we are all made of money.

Personally I'm hanging on in hope for a PC version.

THE HELL ARE U ON ABOUT SASHMAN A REMAKE WOULD NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THAT OTHER STUFF BECAUSE ITS NOT A SAMMARY OF WHATS HAPPENED BEFOR AFTER OR DURING ITS A REMAKE DUDE AND DON'T U HAVE ANY FAITH IN SQARE ENIX TO DO THE VERY BEST WORK ON SAID REMAKE MAN IF THE REMAKE IS ANY WHERE GOOD AS CRISIS CORE THEN WE ARWE IN FOR TREAT IF THEY DECIDE TO MAKE 1 THE REAL QUESTION IS WILL IT BE A PS3 EXCLUSIVE BUT WHTEVER I WOULD BY IT PLAY IT FOR 700 HOURS AND ADD IT TO MY COLLECTION OFF FF GAMES. CAN U IMAGINE THE QUALITY OF OF THIS GAME IT WOULD LIKE THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET BESIDES LESBIANS & BIGMACS

Good grief, calm down. Please do NOT post something like that again.

Haha yeah agreed. :P

Anyways, I say there should be a re-make. Only because Square-Enix has the talent to do so, and by today's modern technology it would be almost real...something such as FFVII being re-made would be phenomenal! Hopefully something that Square-Enix is working on or even considering. :)

IF THE REMAKE IS ANY WHERE GOOD AS CRISIS CORE THEN WE ARWE IN FOR TREAT

Here lies the problem. Not everybody enjoyed Crisis Core. Personally I found the battle system off, the music (apart from the remixes) were forgettable, and I don't think it really added anything new to the FF7 universe other than two new one-winged-angels, which I think lessens Sephiroths importance. If they did a remake at all I'd be unhappy, as there is no need and they can spend their resources and time on a project more worthwhile. But if they did a remake to the same quality of Crisis Core I'd throw a fit!

And the whole thing with Genesis and Angeal they died before the story of the orginal took place

Genesis has been seen lurking around in Dirge of Cerberus, suggesting he has something to do with future installments. Why, I don't know.
But yeah in a remake they would probably change, not the story of the events of the game, but the history. There will probably be references to Angeal and Genesis. People may talk about them in the streets of Midgar.

Big deal right? Yes it is. In Crisis Core Genesis and his copies launch a full scale attack on the Shinra headquarters and many residents of Midgar died, were injured and witnessed the destructive power of Genesis. Genesis didn't just exist in the past and could be forgotten. He instead probably did similar if not more damage than Sephiroth did in FF7, which is just stupid.

Basically the residents will probably be more scared of a repeat of Genesis than they would be truly aware of Sephiroths power. It just ruins the whole image of Sephiroth being unique, feared, powerfull etc.

Ya, i totally want a remake. Even if it would be different then the original ps1 game, it should be continuing on crisis core. :se7:

I don't know if I can be neutral on this matter, at one hand this would be an opportunity to play one the greatest games ever with impressive graphics as long the dream team are working on it but on the other hand, FF7 is a classic and remaking would lose that classic feel that the original had.

Back