Final Fantasy VII Remake

I would really love a remake, because im missing out on like 3/4 of the game, i know i can buy the game through the internet but i have a hard time trusting some websites and its quite hefty amount of money to spend but other then that, i actually wouldnt mind at all if they were to resell it as a psx game.

Even if Final Fantasy VII was re-made with staggeringly realistic graphics I genuinely doubt that the game would lose any of its awesome charm. As far as I’m concerned Final Fantasy VII’s charm doesn’t stem from its cutesy anime child-like appearance but rather from its beautifully scripted story and brilliantly well-written dialogue. If Final Fantasy VII was re-made using the powerful graphical capabilities of the PS3 imagine how utterly gorgeous the game would look. Probably very similar to the picture presented below:

ff7ac-779473.JPG

Imagine the amazing story of Final Fantasy VII told with the absolutely breathtaking graphics of Advent Children. All of the game’s most memorable locations (like Costa Del Sol and Rocket Town) would all be beautifully rendered in glorious 3D. Just think how sumptuously gorgeous the Gold Saucer would look rendered in the PS3’s finest graphics. You can’t deny that that wouldn’t be awesome.

Furthermore, the game would probably be entirely voice-acted (like Final Fantasy XII) so you wouldn’t have to spend hours trawling through vast amounts of text just to keep up with the mind-boggling story! Imagine hearing Sephiroth laughing sadistically as he plunges his sword through Aeris’ back. Awesome! Awesome!

Also, as has been aforementioned in this thread on numerous occasions already, the fighting-system would probably need some serious fine-tuning. In my personal opinion, the exhilarating real-time combat of Kingdom Hearts would work wonderfully combined with some of the combat elements from Final Fantasy XII. Other than that though, the rest of the game should be left respectfully untouched.
Just with this post i can agree whole-heartedly with there being a remake... i am literally drooling for ff7 now... look at me go *drools into and overflows a bucket*

A remake would be nice. I don't care so much for the graphics, but adding voices, that's something I can look forward to. Doesn't seem like it'll happen though.

I think it'd be cool if they remade it, and maybe added narration to some of the really long story parts where we currently click through (yes people, I know we are all too lazy to do such...*sigh*) Also, the spiced up graphics would be good too because it'd add to the effect of the game. (Though the current graphics still get the messages across, don't get me wrong) And there is a decent chance they'll make it, but they first have to manage FFXIII games before they touch FFVII again. Also, the schedules of the original FFVII producers and designers need to open up as well...Sooo, there is a good chance it'll happen, but there isn't really a prayer until after FFXIII gets complete... (At least, FFXIII and FFvXIII)

I would like this remake to feature more scenes and better gameplay or something. A remake has not been planned yet there just rumors I guess. FF VII is a great game and will be much greater in 3 d graphics.

Final Fantasy should just stay with PS3 they shouldn't sell out and go to the dark side
i would love a remake of the game and would spend and amount of money to buy it it be the game of the century the best game ever made

I agree I would love a remake of VII but if that means that they'll put it before XIII and mess XIII up then I say no. No matter how much I love VII. :(

I would like a remake if Square-Enix re-created it using 'The White Engine', so the game would be multi-platform so that those who are not fans of the Ps3 but loved the FF7 wouldn't have to pay a small fortune to buy the Ps3 so they could play the remake

Even if Final Fantasy VII was re-made with staggeringly realistic graphics I genuinely doubt that the game would lose any of its awesome charm. As far as I’m concerned Final Fantasy VII’s charm doesn’t stem from its cutesy anime child-like appearance but rather from its beautifully scripted story and brilliantly well-written dialogue. If Final Fantasy VII was re-made using the powerful graphical capabilities of the PS3 imagine how utterly gorgeous the game would look. Probably very similar to the picture presented below:

ff7ac-779473.JPG

Imagine the amazing story of Final Fantasy VII told with the absolutely breathtaking graphics of Advent Children. All of the game’s most memorable locations (like Costa Del Sol and Rocket Town) would all be beautifully rendered in glorious 3D. Just think how sumptuously gorgeous the Gold Saucer would look rendered in the PS3’s finest graphics. You can’t deny that that wouldn’t be awesome.

Furthermore, the game would probably be entirely voice-acted (like Final Fantasy XII) so you wouldn’t have to spend hours trawling through vast amounts of text just to keep up with the mind-boggling story! Imagine hearing Sephiroth laughing sadistically as he plunges his sword through Aeris’ back. Awesome! Awesome!

Also, as has been aforementioned in this thread on numerous occasions already, the fighting-system would probably need some serious fine-tuning. In my personal opinion, the exhilarating real-time combat of Kingdom Hearts would work wonderfully combined with some of the combat elements from Final Fantasy XII. Other than that though, the rest of the game should be left respectfully untouched.

I agree with most of what you said, but i must say that i think that the battle system was perfect as it was and to change it to something akin to kingdom hearts and such would be straying and changing parts of the game completely, a graphical improvement would be excellent but i believe changing the game's systems is not necessary.

Last edited:
I voted for Yes! because I think it would be amazing, I mean the ogrenl is great! "It's one of my favorite games" I think It would be cool to hear them talk :)

Last edited:
Yes, I'd like to see a remake, BUT with no changes done other then to the graphics.
Although, I see them taking away a few lines from Aerith's death scene.
As long as they don't touch the original story and scenes I'm F.I.N.E. with it :3

I don't know if keeping the story intact maybe possible considering that they need to tie in all this spinoff stuff into game.

Personally I'd love to see a remake. But some of the cartoonish features would be lost, like Cait Sith. Theres alot of little quirks they'd need to get around to keep that magic VII had.

As for the new parts into the story. A few new locations would be nice just to keep it fresh, and the locations from CC. BUT ONLY if they were connected to side quests and NOTHING to do with the orignal story

As for Genesis's hand in things. If the game played through as normal, and then the genesis scenes were unlockable somehow, Either by uncovering someone who knows the truth (Cissnie how eva u spell it). Then it shows both sides of the story, how Cloud recalls it and then how it actually happens.

People who want a 100% straight forward remake, this would become boring pretty quickly. Throw a few side quests in, like the Monster Arena from X sort of thing. And other quests that have you searching the globe looking for items.

As long as they left the original story alone, it would be ok to remake the game. I wouldn't mind if they added in side quests and extra locations and some other stuff maybe, but the main story is what is important. The graphics are a major issue.... but after i saw the openning sequence redone... i think they might be able to pull it off and do a good job. Also, it wouldn't hurt to hire some voice actors and maybe give the game a little bit more free feeling. In other words, i wouldn't mind you could actually rotate the camera around when you were walking and stuff, but i wouldn't push my luck with that.

Recreating the enviroments is going to be kind of hard probably since they have to start off from the draft artwork of the previous game and build a whole new level. It will pretty much be just like creating another game though, so that being said, i think it would be worth it to see a remake since i believe they can pull all of these things off.

i voted yes, only as long as they keep to the plot

and only yes coz i wana see how they make cloud look like a girl in better graphics lol

That's the PS3 tech demo. That's not part of a remake. Nor is the ending of Crisis Core.

No Remake has been announced beyond Nomura saying he'd like to do it, but the time and manpower to do so makes it unlikely in the near future, what with all their current projects.

That's the PS3 tech demo. That's not part of a remake. Nor is the ending of Crisis Core.

No Remake has been announced beyond Nomura saying he'd like to do it, but the time and manpower to do so makes it unlikely in the near future, what with all their current projects.

So are they just like testing out some things? Or do you think they are going to continue to do things with it?

Back