Heaviest band that you like

ATREYU are probably the heaviest band i listen to, either them or Slipknot but i don't really listen to slipknot, there one of those 'their songs aren't so crap i want to die'

As I Lay Dying is pretty hard

Mod Edit: Please add a bit more effort to your post as this is considered spam. Thanks. =]

Probably the heaviest band I like is Slipknot. There are a few odd songs which are heavier than Slipknot which I happen to like, however the heaviest BAND I like (as in generally like their music not just 1 or 2 songs) is Slipknot.

Children of Bodom or Mastodon

Dislike for heavy music these days cos it's all the same. Hurray for experments!

well for me its MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A Jrock band

or, and I know I'm gonna be told OMG! THEY AREN'T METAL!!!, but they really are the heaviest American music i like...
My Chemical Romance.

I know they are the 'heaviest (?)' band you like but come oooooon

they are not heavy!

they're emo, mainstream fools. a leaflet is heavier than they are.

gorerotted are heavy.

You should really check out cannibal corpse or pig destroyer for definitions on heavy.

why not try some south texas style metal cause it has a certain groove to it,and is not always HEAVY heavy, y'know.
like Black Label Society or Black Stone Cherry (song called Lonely Train, kicks ass)

Last edited:
I know they are the 'heaviest (?)' band you like but come oooooon

they are not heavy!

they're emo, mainstream fools. a leaflet is heavier than they are.

gorerotted are heavy.

You should really check out cannibal corpse or pig destroyer for definitions on heavy.

why not try some south texas style metal cause it has a certain groove to it,and is not always HEAVY heavy, y'know.
like Black Label Society or Black Stone Cherry (song called Lonely Train, kicks ass)

Thanados, people can have their opinions all they want. Please don't try and tell them otherwise. If they like a band you don't, there is no excuse for you to judge based on their music preference. If they think it's heavy, then to them it's heavy. It is all based on opinion.

Point taken, I apologise.

I misread the title, and I would never judge a person on what they listen to etc etc, and I dont want to force people into havin the same opinion, I was just trying to explain that there were much heavier bands out there which is what I thought the thread was about.

Hmm the heaviest band i like is Bullet For My Valentine which im going to see live in november which makes me very happy!

The heaviest band I like are Gallows. They're a hardcore punk band from Watford, England.

I rarely enjoy really heavy stuff like death metal or black metal or that type of stuff. I do like quite a few Slipknot songs and Metallica songs, though.

Sorry for digging up an old thread and all, but all you people who say that Slipknot are the heaviest thing you listen to really need to check out this:

Doesn't it just make you feel like your head is being run over by a truck? It's probably the heaviest thing I listen to but I hear that there are heavier bands out there, probably somewhere in the funeral doom category, which I have yet to really delve into.

Last edited:
sweet mother of god

where to start well there is quite a bit in the realms of heavy first off where the fuck is slayer???? FUCKING SLAYER!!!!!!!!. then once again opeth orchid or still life amazing albums i heard some corpse references what about deicide or vital remains fucking brutal bands there and to top it all off syl city a fucking brutal hour of hell oh and lamb of god slipknot and metallica and even pantera are like acdc or sabbath intros into the world of much better music don't get me wrong i love all these bands (with the exception of lamb of god randy is a prick fuck him) but if your really into metal you move on and find your true taste mine happens to be prog metal like dt kamelot that whole thing

and if i read corrcetly there was a gansgter rap thing mentioned to so i guess ill be the first person to start this old ice cube nwa old snoop and dre and how about bow down from westside connection amazing

Back