How many GFs did you miss on your first file?

Heh, Doomtrain was just hard because it required you to get Malboro Tentacles and Steel Pipes. Malboros were a bitch to fight and Wendigo's attacks were annoying as hell. It was a stupid ugly, headless green ape.

I'd say Tonberry was a pain to require. The fight with Tonberry King wasn't too bad it's self just fighting about 20 Tonberrys were annoying!

I missed the one you're supposed to draw from Norg. The battle was just over to quickly (The GF is only drawable in his second state?)

So Leviathan

Has no-one mentioned chocobo? the only GF apart from eden to break dmg limit?
On my first time I missed phoenix, doomtrain, chocobo and eden.

Well.....you can't really get chocobo as your own GF. Chocobo is just an item summon. Doesn't really count. Same goes for Mog and Moomba.

I missed the one you're supposed to draw from Norg. The battle was just over to quickly (The GF is only drawable in his second state?)

Thats would be Leviathan :)

I missed a few the first time, Siren, Carbuncle, Eden, Doomtrain, and Tonberry.

i missed loads including
the brothers
carbuncle
diablo
doomtrain
leviathan
Siren
Odin
infact i dont think i have ever had all of the GF's

You guys, you do know that the bosses in Ultimecia's Castle you can draw any missing GFs right? The only GFs you can draw from the bosses in the Castle are the ones that you could have drawn from the previous bosses. Also you can draw GFs that your suppose to fight but skipped. Square is nice enough to give you a second chance.
Siren - Draw from Tri-Point found in Wind Cellar.

Carbuncle - Draw from Krysta found in the balcony of the castle.

Leviathan - Draw from Trauma in the Art Gallery Puzzle.

Pandemona - Draw from the Red Giant.

Cerberus - Draw from Gargantua.

Alexander - Draw from Catolepas.

Edea - Draw from Tiamat.

I didn't miss any GF's on my first (and only) playthrough. I made it a habit of drawing from Bosses so I didn't miss any.

You didn't just get gf's from bosses. Some bosses WERE gfs...and does that mean that you got chocobo GF? because that required a pocket playstation, only made in japan and USA...

You didn't just get gf's from bosses. Some bosses WERE gfs...and does that mean that you got chocobo GF? because that required a pocket playstation, only made in japan and USA...

I know you didn't just get GF's from bosses. I mentioned that because the GF's you get from bosses were the easiest to miss as you only fight bosses once. And no, I didn't get the Chocobo and Chocobo didn't really count as a GF anyway. Pocketstations weren't readily available in the US and I wasn't about to pay for one just to play that choco minigame. I got every GF that showed up on the GF screen in the menu.

Chocobo is only summoned with Gysahl Greens. You can get Gysahl Greens without a Pocket Playstation by the way. The only item summon bosses you cannot get with out a Pockey Playstation is Moomba and Mog. These summons do not count as a GF. You can't junction the Chocobo, Moomba, and Mog.

Well, I think most who have played this game are aware of that. ;)

I did however get the Chocobo GF, using a cheat device. :shame: Besides, I don't really count him as a real GF, more like a pseudo GF.

i missed siren 2 out of the 3 times ive played it through. i always forget to get it for some reason, the only time i got it is the 2nd time i played it with a strategy guide the whole way through.

I didn't miss any due to using a guide. Whats fun is when you're such a dork you get all your GF's to level 100. ^_^

I missed Siren the first time around and after I got her on the second attempt, I wish I would have forgotten her again. She just seems so pointless.
Also missed Doomtrain the first time, but made an effort the second time around!
I did like the fact that some were easy to miss though. Made the game more challenging and gave you something else to do.

I missed out on a few of the GF when I played the game for the first time, I mainly missed out on the ones that you could draw from the bosses. I didn't know about it at first so hence why I missed out. I got most of them on the second time round though which was good at least lol. I ended up having to start again the first time because I missed out on so much.

Back