Last album you bought/downloaded?

I just downloaded my very first album today, Hey Ma by James

I bought that today and the CD is indeed epic...Of Monsters and Heroes and Men/ Hey Ma are the best songs :neomon:
...I bought 'The Best Of: Limited Edition too!

This all led to Romeo pressuring me on msn last night...I could see she was giving me strange looks when I said "James who?" :nervous:

Last time I picked up 2 cd's The Blueprint by Jay-Z The Cool by Lupe Fiasco Great cd's. 1st and 3rd best rapper alive.

The Age Of The Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets.
Ever so slightly disappointed with it. I had a chat to Dave about the album while we tried to decide what was lacking with it, and we settled on a lack of energy; it doesn't make you want to get up and dance. They do have a very 'James Bond theme' feel to them though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was them who did the theme tune for Quantum of Solace.
I much preferred Turner in Arctic Monkeys though.

The Age Of The Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets.
Ever so slightly disappointed with it. I had a chat to Dave about the album while we tried to decide what was lacking with it, and we settled on a lack of energy; it doesn't make you want to get up and dance. They do have a very 'James Bond theme' feel to them though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was them who did the theme tune for Quantum of Solace.
I much preferred Turner in Arctic Monkeys though.
What he said. Even the part about Dave. :neomon:
Identical names never fails to amuse me.

Though, to make my post slightly different, I also bought H.A.A.R.P., by Muse - their live performance at Wembly. It includes a CD with the majority of the songs ripped from the show. There's nothing more to say other than one word: EPIC.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

It's one of the best concept albums of all time, and influenced all music afterwards.
It is simply brilliant.
It's sex in CD from

The Best of James, funnily enough by James, and Origin of Symmetry by Muse. 2 for £10. I didn't actually realise how much I'd heard by James until I listened to that album. :wacky:

ha, told you so ^^

I downloaded another album :gasp: It's so much easier than fgetting off my arse

I got James, Fresh as a DAisy, it's just more of an up to date best of really. I left my best of in a mtes car and now he's in Australia so I thought I may aswel give it a purchase

It's made of complete win, all the faves are on ther plus a few more

Getting away with it is one of the best songs EVER!!

We Started Nothing - The Ting Tings. For a debut album, it's not too shabby. For some reason I wasn't expecting much from it, despite liking the two singles they've released off it quite a lot. Most of the other songs are pretty catchy.

All We Know Is Falling - Paramore. I downloaded it months ago, but I'm slowly replacing all my downloaded stuff with genuine copies. Probably about as good as their follow up album.

Jubilee - The Sex Pistols. The best of the best really. The punk movement at it's best, and it's got some pretty decent covers that I hadn't realised they'd done.

The last album I bought was probably Lupe Fiasco's The Cool it really is a good hip hop album...probably the most overlooked one

Our Earthly Pleasures - Maximo Park

Only listened to half the CD so far but the vocalist is epic, none of this warped voice stuff to make him sound better. Just a pure Yorkshire accent.
'Books from Boxes' is epic :O

Armored Saint - March of the Saint.
Great NWOBHM band that was sadly lost in time. Epic debut.

Fates Warning - Chasing Time.
Progressive Metal band, kinda the same vain as Dream Theater. Pretty good but not overly impressed.

Judas Priest - Jugulator.
Horrible. Just not as good as they were back in the day. Glad they've gotten back on track now but this period is not worthy.

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations.
Playing GHIII so much as forced me to get this album again as I had lost my copy about a year ago. Great.

Our Earthly Pleasures - Maximo Park

Only listened to half the CD so far but the vocalist is epic, none of this warped voice stuff to make him sound better. Just a pure Yorkshire accent.
'Books from Boxes' is epic :O
A Certain Trigger is a much better album. Not that Our Earthly Pleasures is bad.

Riot! - Paramore. I find it difficult to choose between this and All We Know Is Falling for which is a better album. AWKIF was a very good debut album, and this matched it very well as a follow up. I think if I had to choose though, I'd go with All We Know Is Falling.

Once More With Feeling - Placebo. Their greatest hits album, and short of a couple of tracks from Meds that's exactly what it is. Absolutely mind-blowing.

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim, Fire

i like it, but it has some elements in it that i dislike

this album is a mix between metal and metalcore as opposed to their first album being mainly a metalcore album

i like the fact it's slightly harder, but the increased metal elements are a bit bothersome when you expect to listen to a metalcore album

although metalcore is a subgenre of metal there are some noticeable differences between metalcore and actual metal

as metalcore is a fusion genre between traditional metal and hardcore punk there will always be metal influences, but this album is a bit more leaned towards metal rather then having a good balance between either(as in pure metalcore)

the album is great, but the increased metal influences are a bit bothersome

i'm glad some songs are still true metalcore, but some are too much metal and not enough metalcore

i'm all for trying out new stuff, but BFMV is good at metalcore and have always been doing that since they changed their name into bullet for my valentine, so people have to get used to the "new" style and that's always a bit strange as people don't really expect changes from a band that has been playing a certain genre for quite a while

i'd rate it 7/10

Last week I bought Michael Jackson Thriller 25th anniversary ^_^ Great songs. There are also remixes featuring Fergie, Kanye West, will.i.am. The second CD contains MJ's mucic videos (Beat it, Billie Jean, Thriller).
7/10

Yesterday I purchased Michael Jackson Dangerous Tour Live In Bucharest. Th DVD contains the whole concert set in Romania. It runs approx. 122 minutes. 10/10

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim, Fire

i like it, but it has some elements in it that i dislike

this album is a mix between metal and metalcore as opposed to their first album being mainly a metalcore album

i like the fact it's slightly harder, but the increased metal elements are a bit bothersome when you expect to listen to a metalcore album

although metalcore is a subgenre of metal there are some noticeable differences between metalcore and actual metal

as metalcore is a fusion genre between traditional metal and hardcore punk there will always be metal influences, but this album is a bit more leaned towards metal rather then having a good balance between either(as in pure metalcore)

the album is great, but the increased metal influences are a bit bothersome

i'm glad some songs are still true metalcore, but some are too much metal and not enough metalcore

i'm all for trying out new stuff, but BFMV is good at metalcore and have always been doing that since they changed their name into bullet for my valentine, so people have to get used to the "new" style and that's always a bit strange as people don't really expect changes from a band that has been playing a certain genre for quite a while

i'd rate it 7/10
tr00 much? :neomon:

Pharaoh - The Longest Night
A band I just discovered and quite enjoying. Latest album is pretty darn good. If they sorted themselves out and played live more they could go quite far.

Just bought the soundtrack CD for the anime, Fantastic Children. Actually it arrived by mail yesterday (bought it over a week ago) and I just love it! Listening to the songs made me want to watch the anime again, which is epic, by the way. The music just enhanced it more.

I just bought Disturbed's new album today, and they kick ass as always. Inside the Fire is awesome, and I love their redone version of Perfect Insanity. And this is the fucking coolest album art EVER, I want to make love to it:

Indestructible.jpg

Back