Last album you bought/downloaded?

I don't even know what I should say here.

I'm a freak.

Point blank.

If I don't buy at least 20 cd's a week, I freak out.

The latest ones, in the last week or so, were

Dresden Dolls -- Yes, Virginia
Rating: 7/10
It was the honesty and genuine beauty you'd expect from Amanda Palmer, but overall it did not quite live up to the first one.

Thursday -- War All the Time
Rating: 7/10
Geoff Rickly pulls out some sick vocals on this one, and his lyric as always is more than impressive. A band that actually has something to say.

Avenged Sevenfold -- Avenged Sevenfold
Rating: 2/10
Absolute trash. They need to reevaluate themselves as artists. The only reason it has a 2 is because instrumentally it's amazing. But it doesn't lyrically say a thing. A big waste of time and money.

Rise Against -- The Sufferer & The Witness
Rating: 8/10
Amazing. Would expect nothing less from them. Amazing melodies, great lyric. Great songs -- take a listen to Survive and The Approaching Curve.

Avenged Sevenfold -- Waking the Fallen
Rating 7/10
This cd broke, which made me upset, so technically I did by this recently. Amazing, this cd got me into Avenged. Too bad they completely blew it.

Mew -- And the Glass Handed Kites
Rating 8/10
I can't describe this incredible album. Start to finish, a true work of art.

Thrice -- The Alchemy Index Vol. 1 & 2, Fire and Water
Rating 10/10
Since The Illusion of Safety, Thrice never ceases to amaze me. Dustin Kensrue is a true genius. This is part one of a two release concept album dealing with the ancient science of alchemy.

Wow...I'll stop there.

Last Album I downloaded was Rockferry - Duffy.

Best Album this year :3

I love all the songs on it, and it really shows off her amazing voice.

Skins series 1 OST and When Your Heart Stops Beating by +44. The former is half good; a few tracks which I really didn't like, but then again there's some really great ones. +44 says it all really. Amazing album by an amazing band.

"The White" by Agalloch, but I also downloaded it after I already ordered it. It's still sitting on my desk unwrapped, can't bring myself to open it...

I downloaded Crap Attack by We Are Scientists a couple of days ago. It's full of rarities, b-sides, covers and acoustic plays. Their cover of Sigur Ros' Hoppipolla is fantastic, and I love the acoustic styled The Great Escape.

HMV had a two cds for a tenner thing going on, so I got Grace by Jeff Buckley and Jubilee by Sex Pistols. Not got round to listening to the latter yet though.

Nightwish Dark Passion Play. That has to be one of the best CD's by Nightwish to date. The new singer adds a nice edge. Most of the music on describes a play that involves Eva and Amaranth

HAARP by Muse. Their Wembley show from the summer. Just listening to it makes me wish I was there. Knights of Cydonia and Supermassive Black Hole were both excellent. Micro Cuts, as always, was great too.

And Brain Thrust Mastery, by We Are Scientists. At first I was really disappointed by it, since they've changed quite a lot since With Love And Squalor. It's a lot more mellow and has slower tracks, which is all well and good in moderation. But it's no follow up to ones like It's A Hit and The Great Escape. It has grown on me though.

Now I'm looking forward to Antidotes by Foals next week.

I believe it was AFI: December Underground. I saw it at Hot Topic and since Blakq Audio is one of my favorite album, I just had to try out AFI. I like most of the songs there, actually.

Now I'm looking forward to Antidotes by Foals next week.
MASSIVE disappointment. It starts off well, but then after the third track it really goes downhill, with some half-decent tracks towards the end. They didn't even have the decency to put on the original version of Balloons, and used the crappy single version instead. Thank god I didn't splash out and get the 2 disc edition.

Just bought HAARP by Muse today, its such a wicked CD, a lot of the songs like 'Supermassive Black Hole' are much better live than the studio versions imo. Also bought Newton Faulkner's new album 'Hand Built by Robots' which makes a nice change from all the indie bands nowadays, some quality acoustic guitar playing especially in 'I need something'

I Need Something - Newton Faulkner
Teardrop - Newton Faulkner

I just bought abbey road by the beatles and photo-finish by rory gallagher

and they are both great. rory is probably the most underrated guitarist ever, and the album shows that he is a genius.
And the beatles are the beatles so its perfection

Back