Last album you bought/downloaded?

I downloaded MC Chris's two latest releases MC Chris is dead and Dungeon master of ceremonies: Greatest nerdcore hiphop ever.

I just went and purchased a bunch of CDs that I either downloaded a while ago and wanted to support the artist, or I lost them a looong time ago. XD I spent so much money, lol.

Purchased
Sunsets & Car Crashes
----- The Spill Canvas
One Fell Swoop
----- The Spill Canvas
No Really, I'm Fine
----- The Spill Canvas
As I said in my last post, I recently downloaded all of their stuff, and I love it. A friend of mine got me into them a while back because she would listen to them randomly and I always liked them but never really knew who they were. Now these days I'm lucky if I listen to anything aside from them and Paramore. XD

Savage Garden
----- Savage Garden
I've been a fan of this band since I was a little kid. My father used to listen to them all the time, and I never really bothered to buy the CD. He had it, and burned me a copy of it when that was the kewel thing to do, and then I downloaded everything they had ever released because of my love for them. But when I saw the CD for $9.99 I couldn't pass it up. :3

Almost Here
----- The Academy Is...
I haven't heard many good things about this CD, but because I don't usually listen to people (I love Cartel's newest CD where I know a lot of people who hate it), and I love the band, I bought the album when I saw it. So, I'll have more of an opinion of this at a later date. Although I can say it has one SEXY cover. :D

Almost Here is by far their best album. I don't think I could fault a single song on it, and it has about 80% of their best songs on it. Fast Times At Barrington High is only alright. The first half is worth listening to, but after that it gets boring and tedious because the sound doesn't change much. They were better off when Carden wrote it with Beckett.

Just went mental with Metal, just because I can.

Halford - Ressurection
Better than any stuff Judas Priest was putting out at the time and better still the stuff they've put out since Rob Halford rejoined, this album is brilliant.

Iced Earth - Crusible of Man: Something Wicked Part II
Second and final installment of the 'Something Wicked' concept albums and first to see the return of old singer Matt Barlow. I've had this album for a few weeks now (it's actual release date is today) in the form of a promo copy but even after all this time I can't seem to get into it. Few good tracks but these would only pass as mediocre on any other 90's Iced Earth album. Barlow still sounds fucking killer tho.

Primal Fear - Primal Fear
Basicly a German Power Metal version of Judas Priest, but still good. I haven't listened to it too much yet but it sounds pretty solid and I'm definitly going to check out the rest of their stuff. Also the riff in 'Promised Land' is just like the one half way through Iron Maiden's 'The Legacy'. However this was released in '98 as opposed to Maiden's in 2006....oh dear.

Beyond Fear - Beyond Fear
Tim 'Ripper' Owen's current project. The guy gets alot of slack for his time in Judas Priest and Iced Earth, performing on two very underwhelming albums for both bands. However he was never at fault as he didn't have much say in the writing and his voice in undeniably god-like regardless. This however is his own thing and its actually pretty decent. Nothing new, just what you'd expect from a typical metal album, but the quality is there and certainly kicks arse.

Showbiz
Origin of Symmetry
Hullabaloo
Absolution
Black Holes & Revelations

...I went on an Ebay hunt and got them all brand new for under £20 :D
Absolution should come today, I think...but I love all the older albums, they're better that BH&R imho albeit that CD is also great. I already have HAARP so they've added to my collection...I was gonna buy the singles also but then I thought naaaaah. :wacky:

Metallica - Death Magnetic

Nothing really special, it is slightly better than some of their other albums like ReLoad
and Load but still doesn't compare to Pre-Master of Puppets and the Black Album. It is nice however, to see some Old School Solo's as they were missing in St. Anger

Bought Voltaire - To the Bottom of the Sea.

2690940871_6006ab424d.jpg

Pre-ordered it several months back as his record company packed in, so he practically had to do it himself. Had to pay him directly through paypal and everything. It arrived today.

Great album! Love the pirate theme and sound running through it. Definately my favourite Voltaire album. So many strong tracks in the one album, it's hard to pick a favourite.

Downloaded:
The Black Mages - They have Excellent Final Fantasy Remix themes, like Otherworld, Battle on the Big Bridge, Those who fight Further, etc... In my opinion they are even better than the original ones.

Last edited:
OBTNUS.jpg

This. :monster:
It's one of the best CD's out this year imho. The last quarter of the CD gets a bit bland but that's expected in most CD's nowadays. However, the rest of the CD is great, 'Sex on Fire' and 'Manhattan' are two of the best songs I've heard this year.

last cd's i got were:
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
(if you hadnt guessed, im a big metallica fan)

Fragile Future by Hawthorne Heights

Now that this band doesn't have a screamer anymore, I've really taken a liking to them. I like every song on this CD, as opposed to their last one where I only maybe listened to one. My favorites are Somewhere in Between and Four Becomes One, which was written in memory of a recently deceased band mate. This band really has talent and I'm glad to say I got my money's worth out of this CD.

My Winter Storm by Tarja
I really love it :) I bought it because I love her style, and I wanted to see how she was doing after she got kicked out of Nightwish.

The Black Album - Metallica
It doesn't work very well as an album, the songs don't flow together, they're just individual peices of music. That being said there are so many great songs on it. It doesn't finish as strongly as it starts, but it very good.

The album I downloaded was "Passion & Love" the best of Bonnie Tylor. I don't really listen to Bonnie but I have to say that the songs "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" and "It's A Heartache" are THE best!

At the same time I downloaded "Titanic" CD with love themes from the movie. I listen to them over and over again :P

Dig Our Your Soul - Oasis
I've read a few reviews saying that it's the best thing they've done so far, but I really can't see how it compares to (What's The Story) Morning Glory? at all. Granted, The Shock Of The Lightning is a brilliant song, but none of the others really jump out as much. Bag It Up and Falling Down were decent tracks, and the end of Soldier On was interesting.

Boston - Boston
I can't believe it took me so long to buy this. It generally gets better as it goes on, although I wouldn't say that Something About You and Let Me Take You Home Tonight are as good as the rest. Must find more.

i jsut downloaded neyo year of the gentleman and its wkd, relli good songs best song is stop the world, then miss inderpenet it a good album i wold recomend u all get it, his songs are relli good big up neyo hes one of the best artists of this time

Rise Againt's Appeal To Reason.

I've only listened to it once through thus far, and only one song did I find myself immediately liking. Unlike their previous album The Sufferer and the Witness, which hooked me, from the intro, and continued to do so with each following track.

Also, Trivium's Shogun.

I've only listened to this once through as well, and found that quite a few more songs grabbed my attention.

Revelations - Audioslave
The only other Audioslave album I have is their self-titled one, but I'd hazard a guess and say that this is their best. I can't really fault any of the songs on it. I particularly like Sound Of A Gun.

Wave Of Mutilation - The Pixies
I really like their sound, it's really like The Smashing Pumpkins. Very grungy. And their bass lines are quite awesome.

Roadrunner, Roadrunner - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
It's a pretty long album (2 discs, each with 22 songs) so not all of them are brilliant. I tend to prefer the shorter ones, that have a really innocent feel to them like I'm A Little Airplane, Buzz Buzz Buzz, I'm A Little Dinosaur and so forth.

Singles Collection - The Coral
Their best of album, and it's really quite amazing. I really like James Skelly's voice, and their songs generally all have really good, catchy beats to them.

Back