Last album you bought/downloaded?

Tsk, i can't even remember what was the last CD i bought.

I can only remember downloading IX OST Album... And i don't even remember when i did that too.

I recently got the new Fall Out Boy album "Folie a Deux". It was a Christmas gift from a friend.
More effort please. Eg do you like the album, if so, why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was first in line Tuesday to get Britney Spears' latest album, "Circus", and I absolutely love it. Like always, her songs are catchy and upbeat, but she mixes things up by throwing in a few slow ones as well. That's something I've really missed from her, since her last album "Blackout" didn't have even one. The songs on this album remind me of the old songs Britney used to release, so I think she's gone back to the roots that made her such a popular pop singer in the first place. I think she finally has found herself again, and I'm 100% satisfied with this album ^^

I just got that album yesterday from my brother for Christmas =D I love it too >_<

The most recent that I've bought myself though is Metallica - Death Magnetic.

They seemed to go back to their old stuff in this new album. Was very pleased =D

Right now I am trying to download The Mayfield Four's first album 'Fallout' but it is very hard to get and I managed to find one working torrent going at 6 KBPS but it inventially stopped. I think it will probably start up again later in the day.

EDIT: It started up again. This is going to take awhile and I am wanting to play Left 4 Dead. :(

I bought a PotO recording, for £18. Basically has a mini script book, has 2 CD's, and Sarah Brightman plays Christine Daae in this version! Haven't listened to it yet, will do, hopefully before New Year!

I downloaded DISSIDIA Original Soundtrack two days ago. The OST will take ages to be released here, so yeah. I couldn't resist.

I also brought Eminem's whole Album's/Video Clips released in a CD/DVD case, tought I haven't even opened it and won't soon enough.

I finally managed to download that Mayfield Four album this morning. It stopped downloading yesterday then I tried today and somehow managed to get it done in 15 minutes.

Also downloaded Fightstar's second album
"One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours".

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy
Well firstly it is very different from the old stuff. There are no instant classics, but there are a few decent tracks. It's a fairly good album, but when I heard it I thought the one thought which Axl Rose didn't want anyone to think, "as if he took 14 years to release this".

Music For The Recently Deceased - I Killed The Prom Queen

Freakin' awesome album. It is I Killed The Prom Queen's 2nd(?) full length album before they broke up in 2008 <sigh>. Genre: A mix between Metalcore (Underoath, Atreyu), Deathcore (Job For A Cowboy), and Death Metal (dunno a DM band which sounds similar).

Albums I downloaded yesterday and today.

Saving Abel - Saving Abel
Stone Gods - Silver Spoons & Broken Bones
Seether - Disclaimer
Seether - Karma and Effect
Seether - Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces
Crossfade - Crossfade
Crossfade - Falling Away

I think it was the album Embrace the Storm by Stream of Passion. I kind of brought it on a whim; which is probably not the best way to go about things. Fortunately for me its actually pretty good. A nice blend of metal and soft, female vocals. I can't say there is one bad song on the album.

Logan - First Leaf Fallen
Logan - Welcome to the Wasteland
Logan - Cruel Little World (Bonus tracks)

I've had Logan's third album for awhile but as soon as I bought it they announced a re-release with bonus tracks. Their first albums was incredibly hard to find (including purchasing it) but with some late night frantic searches for these albums I found t hem eventually.

That would be "Life is wasted on the living" by The Great Deceiver.
An awesome album, Lindberg done an incredible job with the vocals and lyrics as always and i'm willing to buy the original whenever i have the chance...

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree
I'd downloaded this album a while ago (the first of theirs that I head, actually) so I already knew what it was like, but I wanted a tangible copy of it. Only cost me £5 too. =D

Nil Recurring - Porcupine Tree
Something newer by them, and even though there's only four tracks on it, it's still really good and worth listening to. I particularly like Normal.

The Hour of the Bewilderbeast - Badly Drawn Boy
Some tracks are kind of weird on it, and I'm not sure if I like them or not. But then on the other hand, there's some really good ones too. Magic in the Air and Everybody's Stalking are good ones.

Deadstar/In Your World EP - Muse
Again, something I'd downloaded a while ago, but I wanted an actual copy of it. This has to be the best of their 6 EP's (though I haven't heard all of two of them). There's a video for Deadstar on it too, but it won't work for some reason. =[

Don't Look Back - Boston
Not quite as good as their self-titled album (which is pretty hard to beat to be truthful), but I'd still rate it quite highly.

Bought Nickelback: Dark Horse.

What can I say, I love teh powerballads.
>_>

It's got some songs that I can relate to on it so I'm actually pretty chuffed with it. ^_^

MewithoutYou's Catch For Us the Foxes.

Reminds me a lot of a more mature Moss Icon. Very bleak, depressing, but wonderful. Incredible lyrics, fit to be read without the music.

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

I was at first unsure to download Avenged Sevenfold material because I know they had a Metalcore background which I am not particularly fond of that sub-genre. After hearing some of their new songs I decided that it may be worth a download.

I downloaded The Saturday's album, Chasing Lights. And, I must say, I'm not impressed. Apart from the 3 songs they've released as singles, the rest of the album's pretty mediocre. Girls Aloud certainly have nothing to worry about. They're far better than The Saturdays. I loved Out Of Control, Chasing Lights is so-so.

Latest albums I have downloaded are

Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist
Sixx:A.M. - The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack
Bruce Springsteen - Working for a Dream
Endeverafter - Kiss or Kill

Aint downloaded any albums but i gots a few tracks:

Bye Bye Beautiful - Nightwish.

A great song kinda gets me thinking about my love life (well lack of it) and i just like it, it relaxes me a bit, i like the vocals and lyrics mainly.

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight - Beat Crusaders.

I've been watching some random eps of Bleach and i decided i was gonna download this, it's a nice uplifting song and it just makes me happy basically.

Lost Souls In Endless Time - Dragonforce.

Since i didn't purchase the limited edition which had this track on my DF collection wasn't completed, but now i'm one more step closer to doing so, it's a great song as most songs by DF are another song that i can't stop listeing too.

I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire - The Ink Spots.

I played Fallout 3 for a bit on the weekend and i was listening to Three Dawg ramble on as he does then this came on and there is just something about it, it has a certain cheery aura about it, so i downloaded it.

Oh i downloaded the Mortal Kombat Theme too, it's awesome enough said.

Back