Last album you bought/downloaded?

RATM - Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
The sound quality isn't very good and that's a real shame. It was their last concert before they broke up as well. Despite the poor sound quality which takes a while to get used to, it's a really quite a good album. Tracks like Guerrilla Radio sound incredible good live.

My latest purchases:

Scorpions - Taken By Force (I love Uli Jon Roth era Scorpions! Back then they were a seriously great heavy metal band)
Saxon - Into The Labyrinth (It's decent enough, but it doesn't really compare to their early stuff or even some of the other later releases)
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (best Celtic Frost album. Period)

And more on the way in the mail...

Revelation - Release
Brocas Helm - Defender of the Crown
Ogre - Plague of the Planet

I recently downloaded all of Tilly and The Wall's albums.

Wild Like Children - While interesting, there's only about three standout tracks, while the rest of them seem kinda dull and boring. Interesting debut album though.

Bottoms Of Barrels - Much better than their debut album, the songs have a lot more energy to them and they are far more catchy, lot of potential there. xD

O - I really like their third album. It has so much energy and power. Some of the songs are so angry - and that's what makes them interesting, the anger is a great added element.

The last album I bought was Wanted, by the amaaaaazing 3oh!3. <3 Each song seriously gives me a burst of energy. The catchy beat... the lyrics... It's simply perfect. I can't get enough of their songs. Fersrsly. <3

Uhm. But I downloaded a ton of songs from Shiny Toy Guns. Most of the songs from We Are Pilots, and several other songs from another album by them that's name has escaped my mind.

Downloaded a few this week.

Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless
Good Charlotte - Good Morning Revival
You Me At Six - Take Off Your Colours
10 Years - Division

Plastilina Mosh -- Aquamosh

It's alright. I heard Mr. Pmosh on youtube and the video/song combination was just weird enough for me to go for it, but the album isn't really all that engrossing.

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

There was one or two good tunes but the rest was meh

Andrea Echeverri's self titled.

This woman is incapable of making a bad album. Well, I think. I've only heard this and Gozo Poderoso, but they're both fucking awesome. Her voice is exquisite.

Ximena Sariñana -- Mediocre

If Norah Jones were Mexican and had a slightly less dusky voice, this would be her. That said, I think I prefer Sariñana, if only because singing in a romance language is more...romantic than English. Plus, the fact that she doesn't roll her r's is kind of cute...and, like, lovely.

Un Error is an extraordinary song.

After seeing that they were the free single of the week on iTunes, I decided to download Howling Bells' second album.

Apart from the single of the week and two other tracks, the rest of the album sucks. Each song sounds practically identical, and not in a good way =/ It's shit.

I just recently downloaded two albums from Nujabes, Modal Soul and Metaphorical Music, and I highly recommend both. For those of you not familiar with Nujabe's work I can only summarize it by saying that listening to it is akin to a dream.

Last edited:
U2 No Line on the Horizon

only got about half way through so far, but it's U2 so I like it by default. Im ridiculously biased. I need to swot up in time for August :awesome:

Trouble In Shangri-La - Stevie Nicks

While her voice has, obviously, changed with age, it's still distinctly Stevie, and it sounds fantastic. Standout tracks definitely include Trouble In Shangri-La, Candlebright and Planets of the Universe. It's not as good as her Bella Donna album, but it's got some really strong stuff in it.

Neutral Milk Hotel- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Simply put, this album is spectacular. Jeff Mangum's vocals and lyrics are sensational on this album and they tie in really low with the general acoustic indie sound of the album. I wasn't sure what to expect from this album at such, as I purchased it without having ever listened to the band at all, and I'm glad that I did buy it.

At the Gates - Suicidal Final Act

I got it 'cause I just got into 'em and figured a greatest hits would be a good place to start.
Mod Edit: Can you out more effort into your posts in future please. Such as, if you liked it, and if so, why. Thank you =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

Their first album with the Nicks/Buckingham/McVie/McVie/Fleetwood lineup, and it's one hell of an album. I found it in borders for a fiver and just had to buy it! It's got some fantastic songs on it - Nicks' signature song - Rhiannon and other great songs like Landslide, Say You Love Me and Monday Morning, really worth a listen to - it's so light-hearted, especially when compared to the follow up, Rumours.

Tango In the Night - Fleetwood Mac

The last album recorded under the Nicks/Buckingham/McVie/McVie/Fleetwood line up, (until 1997) and it's a weak attempt really. Only three Stevie Nicks songs, two of which are forgettable and poor - only Seven Wonders is memorable and matches her previous work. Little Lies and Everywhere are among Christine McVie's best work here. Lindsey Buckingham is strangely forgettable on this album, with Family Man being his only stand out song on the album. Under use of Stevie Nicks and lack of great work by Buckingham make this album a bit of a let down - even the brilliant work by Christine McVie can't rescue it.

I can't help wishing I'd bought Mirage or Tusk instead of Tango in the Night, since they were both on sale for £5, but I only had a tenner D=

I think it was Focus - Best of Focus: Hocus Pocus

Godamn, it's so funky! Hocus Pocus, Sylvia and House of the King are present, aswell as my favourite: Harem Scarem!! Get it if you like Prog and pure madness...

Hmm. Let's see.

Be Human - Fightstar
We Are the Dynamite - The Blackout
Come Clean - Puddle of Mudd
Sunburn - Fuel
Break the Cycle - Staind
Full Cycle - Drowning Pool
Satellite - P.O.D.
Getting Away with Murder - Papa Roach
The Paramour Sessions - Papa Roach
Metamorphosis - Papa Roach

I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few more but that's all I can remember right now.

Crystal Visions : The Very Best Of Stevie Nicks - Stevie Nicks

It has all her best singles on it, and some really amazing live versions. Particularly Edge of Seventeen and Rhiannon, they sound amazing, especially since she's backed by a full orchestra. I'm loving the Deep Dish remix of Dreams as well, it's amazing. Although I can't help but wonder how much better it would have sounded had she recorded it 30 years ago, before her voice became unable to reach those high notes.

I last bought AC/DC's new album Black Ice, Metallica's newest Death Magnetic and an album from an Australian Alternative Rock/Indie band called The Silents - Things To Learn.

AC/DC was judst as I expected: rockin' all the way through. They haven't changed a bit and that's they way I like it. ^_^ A very strong album. So pumped to them in Melbourne 2010! My favourite off the album is War Machine.

Metallica's Death Magnetic, I'm a bit iffy on. I think it has some great strong moments - the guitar is fantastic - but vocally and lyrically I think it has some very corny and weak moments. :/ The Unforgiven III, was a bit of a dissapointment. I was so into it at first with the piano intro.. so haunting.. then the rest of the song let it down; especially the lyrics. Still, it's a redeeming album for Metallica and overall a strong release. :)

The Silents - Things To Learn. Loved it from the opening riff of the first song. <3
They hail from Perth, and I always love listening to new Aussie Rock/Metal and they're a nice little addition to my collection. Things to Learn is my favourite track from the album.

Back