Last album you bought/downloaded?

I just got a new LP of the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour for my dad.
He hasn't seen his copy since he lost it when he was 14. listening to it on my record player with him was really cool.

The last album I bought was Enter Shikari's "Common Dreads".
I had bought it because i liked them before but due to the lack of new stuff i had got bored of them, so I bought the new album as soon as it came out to see if my love for them had come back. It did and it didn't.

The last album I bought was also Common Dreads by Enter Shikari. To be honest I prefer their first album. This one is ok but there are only a few songs which I enjoy the whole way through. There are plenty of tracks which have catchy Hooks but nothing else. There are a few songs from Common Dreads that I listen to continually but I completely ignore other ones.

I got two new albums last thursday in a 2 for £10 offer.

Depeche Mode - The Best Of, Volume 1.
Pretty much been listening to it everytime I turn my music on since I bought it. I really love Depeche Mode but had previously only owned the Violator album. With this, I have access to lots of awesome songs I hadn't owned and many I hadn't heard before which are all proving to be pretty amazing in my opinion.

Franz Ferdinand - Tonight.
It took me a few listens to really get into it, but I like it. I don't think its as exciting as the other two albums but some of the tracks on there really do stand out and are pretty good. I'm growing to like it more over time.

Glad I bought them both really.

Buckingham Nicks - Buckingham Nicks

I've been searching for this album for such a long time, that when I found it the other night, I immediately downloaded it.

It's interesting to hear what Buckingham and Nicks sounded like Pre-Fleetwood Mac, and it shows just how pivotal they were when they joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975.

Buckingham is the weaker of the two, lyrically and vocally, but he more than makes up for that with some really great guitar work. It's nice to have an album with so much Stevie on it, before her voice messed up.

Frozen Love, which is the only song that Stevie and Lindsey ever wrote together, is definitely the standout track. They harmonize so well, and Buckingham has an amazing guitar solo during it. It wouldn't be out of place on a Fleetwood Mac album.

Street Sweeper Social Club - Street Sweeper Social Club

It took me a little while to get used to, but I really like it. There are a few tracks which really stand out to me such as "Fight! Smash! Win!", "100 Little Curses", "Clap For The Killers" and "Promenade". However, there are other tracks which don't really appeal to me as much. But all in all, it's a solid album.

Appeal to Reason, Rise Against

Why'd I buy it? I love the song Re-Education (Through Labor). I heard it on Guitar Hero: World Tour and just kept playing it over and over. I loved some older Rise Against songs such as Swing Life Away and Prayer of the Refugee so I had some high hopes for this album. Sadly, I have to say that I still only like Re-Education (Through Labor) on their Appeal to Reason CD. I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

the last album i bought was Dance or Die by Family Force 5.
i got it because they're a good band :D

Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us

That's the last album I bought. It's their second album, doesn't quite match up to the first though. The first album, Mutiny!, had an amazing flow to it, each song blended into the next. With this they seem to have focused more on trying to make each song a stand out but most of them fall short. There are some great songs on it, such as The Few That Remain featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore, rapping Oo
Also Our Ethos featuring Chad Gilbert from New Found Glory

Downloaded? oh a bunch. But I save up and buy those I think are worth buying.
Last one bought:
10785-in-rainbows.jpg

Mod edit: Can you please put more effort into your posts please, such as what you liked/disliked about the album. Thanks =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen - The Afghan Whigs
The Afghan Whigs are a fairly hard band to describe, soul influenced grunge is a fairly basic description. It's a fantastic album, they are more inaccessible than bands like Nirvana or Pearl Jam. But Greg Dulli's voice is better. It's not an album that all people will like, but it's definitely worth a listen or two.

3 Days Grace just had a new CD come out yesterday which I went to the mall and picked up. It's called Life Starts Now and it's pretty good. It's a bit different it sounds than their older albums, but it's pretty good overall. The CD starts out with some of their harder stuff, but towards the end of the CD, it gets a bit more slower.

The last album I bought was an untitled album by Killswitch Engage. Even though I can't understand some of the stuff they sing, they still have a few songs that I like.

Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds

I went to see him live like 4 years ago...
I bought the album on the same night. Its a really good album, he has such a good style, Nothing like a bit of good old Rock and Roll.

Then i Discovered Itunes...

Either/Or - Elliott Smith
I guess it's a concept album of sorts, about choosing between an aesthetic life or an ethical life. Generally I'd think attempting that is pretentious and pompous, however, not in this case. Firstly because I really like Elliott Smith's music, and secondly because I think it's a fantastic album, it's Elliott Smith's melancholy folk music, it's similar in style to Nick Drake, but it has a different sound.

Cheryl Cole - 3 Words

I'm not really bothered about her, I just wanted to know what she was like as a solo artist so I downloaded it last night :hmmm: I have to say, she should probably stick with Girls Aloud, there are 2 or 3 decent individual songs but as a whole, the album is pretty shit. It just sounds like you're listening to the same song in different ways, there's nothing that really makes you think "wow, that was a good song". Even Fight For This Love sounds average and generic on that CD.

Suicide - Suicide
It made it onto the Rolling Stones top 500 albums and it's supposed to be a classic. I bought it on the strength of Frankie Teardrop, which is horrible yet brilliant song, if you turn it up loud, and turn off the lights it can be enough to make people unwell. I don't think the rest of the album is as good as that song. But it's certainly got something, their art punk sound clearly influenced bands like Joy Division/New Order and many others. I think it's a seminal album, it's had such an influence on the post punk sound.

Heart Beat - Wang Lee Hom

It's his latest album, although I haven't gotten the chance to listen to it yet. I need to clear up space still on my MP3 player. I really love Wang Lee Hom and have a few of his albums. My favorite song is Xin Zhong De Ri Yue (Shangri-La/The Heart's Moon and Sun), jsyk. :p

I just pre-ordered Adam Lambert's 'For Your Entertainment'. I really don't give a fuck, I adore this gay bastard lol <333 I actually ordered a hard copy cause I wanted it in my hands :nudge:

I'll probably buy GaGa's Fame: Monster next. Most likely the deluxe version and then probably a lot of nothing since the deluxe version of Adam's album + GaGa's is over $100 together :confused:

Back