Most Dissapointing Game.

Dragon Quest VIII: I actually thought this game is good however it was dull the monsters are just stupid (a bunny, a drop of water, ..... etc) also the storyline was kind of crap and the characters were stupid also your character can't speak, what a waste of money. -_-

I find Resident Evil(don't remember the number) extremely boring.The characters are just plain human and move like snails.The zombies were stupid and plus the air was polluted not allowing you to waste time.After Resident Evil on my black list is Sims.It's like crap,my apologies to Sims fans.They look like sticks and I feel like playing with Barbie.Thank god I borrowed them first and didn't buy them.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi(or however you spell it). I either have or have played all of the other ones, but this one sucked in my opinion cuz' you can't turn super saiyan anymore... It's automatically super saiyan or SS3 or saiyan mode when you choose the character! Plus the new camera that views your butt sucks >.o

Final Fantasy XII - I really tried to play and beat this game, twice, and failed each time.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - I remeber getting this game and not knowing what the heck I was doing.
Halo 3's XBL - I'm one of the biggest fans of the Halo universe, but I just cannot STAND playing XBL on Halo 3. They changed all the stuff that I really loved about 2, but kept all the annoying brats.

Halo 3 was definitely a step backwards...in pretty much every area aside from visuals.

Anywho, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has come to disappoint me a little. Don't get me wrong--the game is good; however, it isn't the game I was expecting. I was addicted to Melee for years, yet I got tired of Brawl in a few weeks. The minor tweeks to gameplay only served to make the fights less fun, in my opinion. And I won't even get into how utterly disappointing the online multiplayer is.

Two main games spring to mind...
GRAW (AI takes... how many shots to hit a target 5m away? I believe the record is around 3-7)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 (The Original Most Wanted on PC, PS2, etc. was excellent, and I still play it today. 5-1-0 was pathetic.)

I think I've enjoyed, or found something to enjoy in most games I have owned... It just sucks to say that at the moment only a Final Fantasy game springs to mind that really dissapointed me.

That Final Fantasy being Crisis Core... I didn't like the battle system, and the music (apart from the remixes and one or two other tracks) was a little bland, unexciting and verging on "normal". The story, or at least the exciting bit of it, was also one which has been told many times already; in Last Order and in the original game itself.
ThoughI guess it would be fun to play through the Nibelheim incident as it actually happened (ie, with Zack, not Cloud), though I haven't got there myself yet, that may be fun,and the best bit... Even if, really, it wasn't neccessary to have the game at all.

Storywise it didn't really add anything new to the game universe, apart from 2 new winged characters, which I didn't particulary like (it took the emphasis off the uniqueness of Sephiroth and made him out to be attempt number 3). It sucked to me that Zack only got the Buster sword towards the end of the game and that you had this silly little short sword most of the time.

I was quite dissapointed in this game, but before it came out I hadn't really given much thought to these things... I'd heard there was to be a new "winged-angel", and that it would involve the Nibelheim incident and thought "cool"... But playing it myself I realised that it wasn't so cool at all. In my opinion.

Assasins Creed was a pretty big disappointment for me. I did enjoy it and I finished it quite quickly, but I was expecting so much more. The trailers and previews hyped it up to a level that it just couldn't reach. I guess the most disappointing thing was the repetitiveness, sure leaping from building to building and stealthily killing people in crowded areas is fun for a while but it gets old pretty quickly.

I thought Dynasty Warriors 4 was a big disappointment to me. I really disliked most of the voice acting in that game. A week after I had the gotten the game, I couldn't get into anymore. Each character had a kingdom story mode instead of their own story mode which meant you had to play the same battles over 12 times for each character you used. Not only that there were about 3 battles for each 6 chapters you had to complete as well for each kingdom which I thought was too long and boring to do. I really hate this game.

Fable II.

Amazing visuals. Gripping additions to gameplay. A crapload of quests to do and characters to interact with. It should be amazing, right?

Well...I'm not all that impressed by the game. The story is crap, in my opinion. The ending is nothing short of abysmal. The game is even shorter and easier than the first. There aren't enough weapons, magic spells, hair-styles, articles of clothing, or ways of making your character feel unique. Maybe I'm being overly critical since I loved the first Fable so much, but I can't help but be a little disappointed.

For what it does offer, the game is good.

Edit: And Molyneux is an outright liar. He calls Fable II a "free-roaming" game? That isn't a stretch; it's an outright lie. You're still confined to a path as you were in the original Fable. He also says Albion is 10x the size of the original. Seriously? Not even close...unless I haven't explored 50% of the map even after finishing the game.

for me the most disapointing game has to be...doom 3, it was much too short and was nowhere near as intense as it predicessors...if only ID would re-make doom 1 but keep everything as it is, just rework the graphics...id be a very happy man!

I thought Dynasty Warriors 4 was a big disappointment to me. I really disliked most of the voice acting in that game. A week after I had the gotten the game, I couldn't get into anymore. Each character had a kingdom story mode instead of their own story mode which meant you had to play the same battles over 12 times for each character you used. Not only that there were about 3 battles for each 6 chapters you had to complete as well for each kingdom which I thought was too long and boring to do. I really hate this game.
Amen. ( Sweet avatar by the way! ) The concept of unlocking your characters as you progressed and being able to switch during the campaign sounded nice at first, but throw in the fact that you'd be thn pitting Lv.1 characters in all-out rammies such as Yi Ling or He Fei where they wouldn't last a second, and it soon became apparent that you essentially had a long, drawn out identi-kit story for every character starting from the beginning, much like you say.

I applaud 4 for trying some new stuff, but at the same time it's been easily my least enjoyed of the Shin Sangoku Musou games.

What game(s) were you looking forward to, that just ended up severely dissapointing you? For me, I'd have to say it was Midnight Club 2, I loved the first one, but the second one was horrible.

Lair (PS3)
Bouncer(PS2 game)
Haze (PS3)
Red Steel (Wii)

The list goes on, but those are just some that I thought would be potentially good games, and they just sucked :(.

- Sephir8th

Lair (PS3)
Bouncer(PS2 game)
Haze (PS3)
Red Steel (Wii)

The list goes on, but those are just some that I thought would be potentially good games, and they just sucked :(.

- Sephir8th

Hey, I have Haze and Lair despite the rave that they were sucky, and they're actually quite good in my opinion!

Lair has hard controls, but its a good game when you get into it. Awesome music. Ok'ish story. Great gameplay... It's like Colony Wars on dragons, but with greater control and awesome duel sequences.

Haze I can understand, while I like it, it certainly isn't a "Halo Killer" so was probably dissapointing to some people.

Last edited:
I've never really bought a game that sucked cause i generally find out lot'sa info and stuff out about them but the game i've gotta say as being most dissapointing has gotta be Doom 3: RoE to me it was basically the same as Doom 3 only with a few new weapons and a slight different story.

The online multiplayer was great tho, i have many memories of that.

Final Fantasy I was the most disappointing game, for me. I thought that, given that it was meant to save Square from going bust, it would be an absolutely amazing game and I got my hopes up, only to have them smeared across a string of boring battles, thin storyline and no character development whatsoever.

Bouncer(PS2 game)
Ah yes, The Bouncer. Looks really nice but some horrible collision detection and some cheap battles which force you to abuse a.i. glitches are a big let down. Oh yeah, and the fact that there's about an hour and a half of gameplay versus three or so hours of cutscenes, which is just wrong for a Streets Of Rage style brawler game.

Not a bad game as such but certainly not a top drawer entry.

Final Fantasy I was the most disappointing game, for me. I thought that, given that it was meant to save Square from going bust, it would be an absolutely amazing game and I got my hopes up, only to have them smeared across a string of boring battles, thin storyline and no character development whatsoever.
I suppose that could happen as a result of people getting into the series late, falling in love with it, and going back to play it for legacy's sake. Compared to the offerings of more modern rpg's it would seem very empty, but in fairness to the game it was fair for it's time. Very few rpg's of old offered much more than a simple town to town quest with some monsters vanquished in a basic battle system.

I have to say Xenosaga. After waiting for so long for a sequel of Xenogears, one of the most awesmone RPG games out there, I get this piece of crap, while the story is ok the gameplay sucks big time, the whole feel of it is disappointing... man.

Oh God. The one thing that makes the game so frustrating is the freaking thirty minutes scenes. I'm not even kidding. I hadn't saved in a while, and here comes this extremely long scene with no save point afterwards. Two minutes later, I run into this monster that I can hit for 0 damage, while he hits me with 9999. BAM, instant game over.

Back