OFFICIAL NFL 2009-2010 SEASON THREAD (iggles got vick)

Lets see how it works for them. He's a good player, so mcnabb better watch his back if he wants to keep his job.

Can we have more than one line posts please. More effort is needed.

I have a question for you all: what is gonna be the Super Bowl matchup this year? I want to get everyones opinions, if I'm allowed to do that in here.

I' gonna say the Giants vs the Ravens.

Saints and Colts.

I think that the Saints are the best team in the NFC, they've got a legit defense! And I think that the AFC is a toss-up.

NFC
1. Saints
2. Giants
3. Vikings
4. 49ers
5. Falcons
6. Eagles

AFC
1. Colts
2. Ravens
3. Jets
4. Broncos
5. Patriots
6. Bengals

About Vick. I think the Eagles are going to get him ready to play on a team and trade him before the deadline. His contract isn't very valuable and if they can get him back to football form I see it hard for a team like the Raiders/Rams/Bucs to want him. I think that they could get a first round pick in the future for what is costing them basically a roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bengals? I can't see them making the playoffs, they'll more likely wind up imploding down the closing stretch and finish 8-8 or something. I agree about New Orleans and the Giants being the teams to beat in the NFC though.

i think this is the year that we will see the super bowl be renamed the manning bowl. it will be the colts/giants battling for the championship. i could actually see a manning bowl II, manning bowl III and so on in conscutive years

The Bengals play Baltimore on Sunday. Whoever wins that game will win the division.

Also, Mangini will get a Jets game ball this season.

Last edited:
More than likely. I am probably buying into Cinci too much and not enough on Baltimore. But I think it's going to the Bengals that triumph the Ravens.

Turns out you were right. *curses under breath* I thought Baltimore might be able to pull it off, but Cinci came back at the end.

Some thoughts:

Now that Hasselbeck is back, and we've seen the 49ers of the 2000s that we all know and love, Seattle's winning the NFC West. (read: restoring balance to the Force.)

The Cowboys will win one game in their division, home to the Redskins.

Stop calling it the Wildcat. It is not a new formation. It's called the Single Wing, and has been around for 70-some years now. An offensive philosophy designed to put the ball in the hands of your best player? Amazing.

JaMarcus Russell is the most inefficient QB in the history of the NFL. Al Davis needs to sell the team. Immediately. Also, when drafting, stop trying to hit home runs (Russell, McFadden, Heyward-Bey). A walk, single, sac bunt, and sac fly is much more efficient than a strikeout, strikeout, solo home run, and strikeout.

The AFL Throwback jerseys are spectacular. The great ones are great (Boston Patriots/Houston Oilers) and the terrible ones are even better (NY Titans/Denver Broncos/Officials).

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Saint Troit Liams!

That is all.

well with braylon edwards on the jets, patriots reign as the best in the afc east is gonna come to end, eventhough they didn't win the division last year, but thats without brady so that doesn't count. i just don't see how jets won't win the division with edwards on that team

Surprise start of the year: Denver Broncos 5-0. The last time they started 5-0 was their last super bowl win vs the Falcons. Is this team legit, I think so.

well with braylon edwards on the jets, patriots reign as the best in the afc east is gonna come to end, eventhough they didn't win the division last year, but thats without brady so that doesn't count. i just don't see how jets won't win the division with edwards on that team

Just because Braylon is a Jet doesn't mean they will own the division. I'll take Moss over Braylon anyday. Just when you think the Jets will win a big game Braylon will just drop the ball like he's done for the Browns.

Just because Braylon is a Jet doesn't mean they will own the division. I'll take Moss over Braylon anyday. Just when you think the Jets will win a big game Braylon will just drop the ball like he's done for the Browns.

sure he'll drop some passes at big spots in the game, but i think he'll make more big plays than big drops for the jets.

me personally, ill take braylon over moss, but thats just me being bias and stuff.

I'm gonna presume that you are a Jets fan, Hightower?

nope, don't really care about the jets at all

im a mighigan fan hence huge braylon edwards fan.
my favorite teams has like the best michigan players on it like the packers with charles woodson who is totally the best michigan player ever, the colts, has the second best cornerback ever in marlin jackson, and the giants who has mario manningham, one of the best reciever

was a browns fan until they traded away edwards, so who knows maybe ill become jets fan too since they do have the best michigan reciever ever, and a pretty good michigan linebacker in david harris

Back