OFFICIAL NFL 2009-2010 SEASON THREAD (iggles got vick)

but but you should like Moss since Brady is throwing it to him!

yeah i like brady, i like moss too, he's good but i just like edwards a lot more and i think edwards should be better than moss but thats just me.

i knew the titans weren't that great, they had a lucky year last year, and i really think its time to just put vince young back in, eventhough he did throw like an int but collins ain't gonna play that much longer and you have to see if young can still play or not.

Yeah, they spent lots of money on him, so they need to find out if he can cut it as a starter. Either that, or get rid of him, which they might do aynway.

Eric Mangini for Jets chairman of the year. Maybe he'll coach the Redskins next and give us (the Jets) Santana again from a 5th and a 7th or something redick. Or maybe the Rams and give us Wako Jacko for a 3rd rounder.

How nuts is it that the man gets fired from New York and hires the guy who takes his jobs brother. Mangina and Tannenbalm are still friends and he's hooking us up with a QB and WR for pretty much nothing.

Playoffs!

AFC:

New York Jets (#5) @ Cincinnati (#4)
Baltimore (#6) @ New England (#3)

First Round bye:
Indianapolis (#1)
San Diego (#2)

NFC:

Philadelphia (#6) @ Dallas (#3)
Green Bay (#5) @ Arizona (#4)

First Round bye:
New Orleans (#1)
Minnesota (#2)

Thoughts on who will triumph next week? Who'll go all the way? San Diego and Dallas seem to be getting some momentum going right now. Indianapolis looked very strong for most of the season as well.

My predictions for this weekend: Jets, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys

My predictions for this weekend are Cincinnati and New England winning in AFC and Green Bay and Philadelphia for NFC.

Indianapolis could have went for a perfect season, but they rested their starters and lost those games. San Diego does look strong right now, but I don't think they will make it to the Super Bowl.

As far as NFC goes, the teams looked pretty strong coming in. New Orleans started out strong, but slipped near the end. Minnesota has a good team, as does both Dallas and Philadelphia, so it should be interesting to see who makes it.

my prediction is packers, eagles, jets, patriots.super bowl is gonna be packers vs colts, and obviously the packers is gonna win it all. the colts loss their best db for the season in marlin jackson so they won't win it without him, and woodson is just playing too good to lose to anyone right now

Chargers all the way baby!!!

In the past I've held my breath because the Chargers have had either a realy great season like in '06 when they went 14-2 but lost in the late stages of the play-offs, and then last year when they barely snuck in at the last minute at 8-8.

Hopefully though, riding this 11-game win streak will carry on into deep play-offs and they can get back to the Super Bowl like they did in '94. This time though, no blow-out loss!

Let's go Bolts!

I kinda hope they play the Vikings or the Eagles.

The first round of the playoffs are over. The matchups for next weekend are:

AFC:

Saturday: Baltimore Ravens vs. Indianapolis Colts

Sunday: New York Jets vs. San Diego Chargers

NFC:

Saturday: New Orleans Saints vs. Arizona Cardinals

Sunday: Minnesota Vikings vs. Dallas Cowboys

Last edited:
Impressive wins from the Jets and Ravens, I'm still not sure either will get further than next weekend though. But the Ravens were just astonishing in that first quarter against New England.

can't believe the packs loss yesterday. i wanna say they got screwed because of the ref on several plays, but their defense just can't be that bogus. they couldn't guard anyone except for woodson. the only time woodson got beat was by luck, one time on a lucky incidental contact and woodson fell down, then the other time should've been a PI on fitgerald, but they still should've won that game.

To be Honest i aint got a clue about American football, I still bet on it though Had £20 On Arizona to win got a decent return so think i'll support them from now on.

So next week it'll be:

NFC:
Dallas @ Minnesota
Arizona @ New Orleans

AFC:
New York Jets @ San Diego
Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Predictions? I'd take San Diego and Indianapolis in the AFC (though I'm starting to wonder about Baltimore), but for some reason I fancy two away wins in the NFC, Dallas and Arizona.

well eventhough the packs loss, atleast woodson did win the defensive player of the year award

anyway, i guess ill pick the colts to win it all this year since the packs are out now

BRETT FAVRE LOSES!!!!!! (yeah, I hate him)

The Super Bowl is set:

New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Congrats to those other teams, but it wasn't your turn this year.

Thoughts?

Well I like Favre :mokken: but, I'm going for the Colts Peyton Manning is a pretty good QB so i'm with them. Although if they don't win that's okay... I heard that saints havent won a SB yet... could be wrong just prefer Colts.

You would be right. This is their first trip to the super bowl. I don't know who i will root for atm, though.

Hopefully it will be a good game. I hate shitty SB games.

I am? Haha well then yeah I wouldn't mind them winning if they were to win. And yeah me too! I like close games much better. If its sucky then there really no point in watching whereas if its close then you'll be more entertained and excited whenever the team (whoever your with) scores a touchdowns and/or great passes plays etc. Both teams are OK so hopefully it will be an interesting game i'm looking forward to it =)

Yeah. I haven't really been into the playoff games this year since my team wasn't in, but I still watched them, even though they were not all that close.

One thing I noticed this year was the real issue of kicking field goals. The longer ones are not that big of a deal because it's a long distance. But the ones under 40 should be made EVERY TIME.

Back