[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Despicable Me, which was okay, it wasn't great or mind blowing or anything, but I did enjoy it. And I know it's a kid movie and all, but they could have added a little more to the story, it just felt kinda rushed at the end-I mean, seriously, in a world where villains are prominent, there's just so much that COULD happen, but the story never really addressed that which is kinda sad. Or maybe I'm just a super hero nerd on the inside and expect to see a lot when showing super villains and the like. 7/10

Last edited:
~Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore ~9/10~

Its a family moving that i unfortunately got dragged into its just like the old cats vs dogs movie and just a family fun movie and that's why i gave it a higher number if your going to the movies and you want a good old fashion animal/comedy/spy/teamwork/animal-talking movie then this is a great movie to see you shouldn't be disappointed. Also one thing to note the intro's about 10 minutes of an epileptic
s nightmare :x3:

Toy Story 3
It was a very good movie with unexpected turns, comedy, emotion and adventure. 10/10

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Probably one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a while. Like, I had a good time watching it.

As its own story, the movie works just fine. It's pretty easy to understand even with a lot of arguably important plot points from the comics cut out in order to fit the content of all six volumes into one movie. The acting was great, the fight scenes were wonderful, and the pop-culture references were implemented really well.

The music in the movie was pretty awesome, too. I usually wouldn't mention something like this since I rarely pay much attention to music in a movie enough to actually make any sort of point on it, but this is one of those exceptions--primarily due to the fact that the titular character is the bassist in a band, and they play a few gigs in the movie. Aside from the wonderful tracks provided by a variety of artists, the songs that Sex Bob-omb plays are pretty darn catchy. And when you couple that with the awesome comic-esque visuals, every scene of any band playing music is just incredible, like a totally rad music video stitched right into the fabric of the rest of the movie.

Speaking of the visuals, they were really incredible. The movie implemented visual nods to comic books (with onomatopoeias appearing next to objects that make certain sounds before fading away, like "RIIIIIING" coming out of a phone, and "DING DONG" from a doorbell) and video games (when Scott defeats an enemy, they burst into a pile of loose change and a score appears where the enemy had been) so well that it just felt natural to the world in the movie. Almost as if the characters were aware of all of these things but weren't phased by them at all because it's just an everyday occurrence. And, as I mentioned earlier, when applied to music scenes, these visual styles just have a way of making the process of watching this crappy little local Canada band feel epic, as lightning bolts and soundwaves and blasted from their instruments and lyrics like "Oh! Yeah!" appear on the screen in a bold comic font as the headman sings them into the microphone. That said, visually speaking, the battle of the bands scene with Sex Bob-omb vs. the Twins was probably one of my favorite scenes.

When it comes down to it, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is an energetic, hilarious, and delightful movie. Aside from the aforementioned trimming of the original story to fit the length of a movie, I can't really think of anything I particularly disliked about it. And as much as I hate just randomly handing out 10/10 scores, I really can't hold that particular point against it, because the movie was just so much fun.

[PS: If you've watched and enjoyed the movie but haven't read the comic, I highly encourage it. There's so much more to the story than the movie has a chance to get into. Likewise, if you've read and enjoyed the comic but haven't seen the movie, I highly encourage it. It's just too awesome to pass up.]

10/10

Tekken

Yes it's the game........but the movie version.

I'd say it was good but not that good if you see reviews and such you can see that even the movies producer said it was terrible.

I don't know why?........but altogether I thought the movie was good.

The movie is based around Jin and there are other popular characters there like Marshall Law,Christie Monteiro Heichi etc...........But some other ones missing like Lei Wulong,King,Hwoarang etc......

On the story side of things the movie was kind of about revenge and nothing else........would of like to of seen more characters involved but most of them are just used for fights nothing else...........Even though Christie is kind of involved if you get meh?

Rating: 6.5/10

Good but not THAT good

The Expendables--9.5/10

Just saw this one today for laughs, expecting it to be completely over-the-top and "good in a bad way" from looking at the previews--but it was actually very good :gasp: LOTS and lots of great action sequences, and very little dialogue to interrupt the flow; however, the dialogue scenes were a lot better than I had been expecting them to be :hmmm: There were a lot of funny one-liners and a great scene involving Stallone,
Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger
taking verbal shots at each other :lew: And an awesome deliverance from Mickey Rourke (whose acting I'm a huge fan of now after his awesome performance in Iron Man 2 actually got me to empathize with a villain :gasp:)--he does a great serious scene in which it takes him a while to get out what he's trying to say, but which actually makes it quite emotional :hmmm: Everyone played their parts well in this IMO, and while there was plenty of blood, it wasn't *quite* as visually gory as I'd expected it to be with an R rating, which for me is a good thing XD And I also liked the fact that it didn't have the stereotypical
"hero-gets-girl" thing at the end--Stallone's character ended up rescuing her more in an attempt to redeem his soul after being a heartless mercenary for so long, rather than just trying to get laid by the damsel-in-distress like a lot of action heroes try to do.
So overall, yes, it was a very good movie. I only gave it a 9.5 because it's not honestly my very-favorite genre, straight-up action movies like this tend to not have particularly deep stories or plot twists, but for the type of movie it was it was very good :D

Taken

one of the best action-thriller movies I've seen in a long time......

An old retired government worker relies on his old skills to get his daughter back who was kidnapped by albanians :ohshit:

Honestly this movie is great......
It starts of kinda slow and once you get into the story........it's GREAT!,I wish there was another movie like this........Liam Nesson (main person) does a great job with his character!

Anyone who enjoys action/thriller movies this is the perfect one!
10/10

Green Zone

I got this on blue ray when my ps3 arrived last week and I finally got around to watching it Saturday night. This was a movie about the surrounding events of when Saddam Hussein was captured and the hunt for WMD's. There was almost constant action in the movie and I liked how you got a view from the Iraqi people's point of view about the events. It was a pretty sad state of affairs over there with people struggling for water to drink and food to eat...etc...then adding the war into the mix :( Then, with any movie you are trying to separate your friends from your enemies... Overall, I really liked it. I'm probably weird, I don't know many other women who enjoy war movies, but :D I give it 9/10.

Inception (last movie I watched in a theater)

10/10

If I could give it an 11, I would. I can't say much about this movie without risking to spoil most of the scenes. All I have to say is that it was so thrilling that I was muttering 'c'mon, c'mon, c'mon don't fail' and I was holding the armrest of the seat. :wacky: Fantastic casting, gripping screenplay and effects and a major cliff-hanger at the end that gets you thinking. Even the music played a major part in the masterpiece.

I'M ALREADY RESERVED FOR THE DVD. :rage:

The Expendables

4/10

I just got back from the seeing it and I really didn't like it all that much. I'll admit I found parts of it entertaining but I found myself bored throughout a good deal of it.

I knew I wasn't going to get a top class story and I knew it would primarily be about the all-star cast and action. But the movie went wrong in a few areas firstly it was billed as an action film with little focus on story, but it seemed like too much time was spent trying to develop the story just for the sake of it and it just seemed like wasted time really. It seems like it was following a formula which is common in most films of this nature; Action scene to open the film to show us how cool the characters are, Action scene in the middle somewhere to keep us awake and a final action scene for the last 20-30 minutes of the film.

Secondly the action wasn't anything spectacular, I'll admit the fight choreography was pretty good but for the most part the action scenes weren't exactly ground breaking. It seemed like they were trying to recreate the classic 90's action feel but they still applied the modern action film techniques eg: moving the camera so fast that you can't really see anything.

In all honesty I would've been happy if they just made it 90 minutes of testosterone fueled action as that is what I would expect considering the cast, but alas they tried to make it a normal movie.

Hot Tub Time Machine - 5/10

Wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be but it still wasn't all that good. The only character that really made me laugh was the black guy (no idea who the character or the actor was) and the rest of the jokes in the movie were mostly hit-and-miss. I mostly just watched it because I saw that Lizzy Caplan was in it which was something else that was disappointing because she was only in there for about 8 minutes. Overall, it was an average movie.

10/10

I watched Office Space again for the 6th time a couple of days ago. I love it! Love the annoying Lumbergh, stapler-loving Milton, and the other cubicle guys. This is a movie I'll never get tired of and I've branded it one of my personal fav's. The fax machine scene where they beat the crap of it has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Damn it feels good to be a gansta. :dave:

G-Force

Gave this another watch this evening and it was like the first time all over again. The plot's pretty decent and the characters are developed very well. There's a lot of humour in this film and it's to be expected since it's a Disney film. It's one of the rare films that isn't animated that I really, really like.

9/10

Movie: Killers

Rating: M

Comments: This was a pretty good movie.

It didn't really make me laugh all that much which was disappointing considering Ashton Kutcher was in it, but it was entertaining the whole way through still.

I love how everyone in their neighbourhood is trying to kill Ashton to get their hands on the 10 million reward. So funny. XD

Definitely will watch it again.

Score: 10/10

The Bunker:
Definitely rated 18+/R, friend recommended it to me saying it is a "mindfuck" movie, a statement with which I agree. If you are going to watch this, I recommend watching no more than a trailer before doing so, as it would spoil the movie, I can't say how but during the movie I wish that I had not known the general story, and the trailer does not give this away.
I rate it a 9/10, a gem of a movie which engrossed me from beginning to end with an eerie atmosphere and intense plot :)

I literally just finished watching Syndey White. It was pretty awesome. Girly, and whatnot though.

I'll never buy it and it'll probably be years since I ever consider watching it again, but I enjoyed it. So I can't really give it an official rating. It was predictable, cheesy, and there were a lot of holes, but I still wouldn't even say it was bad. In fact, if anyone asked if they should watch it, I would tell them to go for it without even hesitating, but I wouldn't be all like "OH MY GAWD YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT? YOU HAVEN'T LIVED."

It was aiiightt~

Brooklyn's Finest

I give it a 7/10. Its about the lives of three cops in Brooklyn. Two of them are "bad cops" with one being good....and it shows their sordid lives in the department that they work in...and how at the end their paths cross under less than desirable circumstances. Honestly though, the bad cop stories have been done before, and in much better ways. I prefered Heat, Swat, and probably a handful of other movies over this one. The story was wayyyyy to long and drawn out, and the stupidity and sleaziness of the characters was way too overdone. Meh.

Last edited:
Fame

The newer version, not the old one. I've never seen the original film, so I can't draw any comparisons. It was quite interesting to see the little stories going on and then coming together towards the end. Can't say that I was entertained throughout and the film had my whole attention. Wasn't a bad film, but wasn't fantastic either. Pretty average, could've been a lot better.

7/10

Inception

?/10

I have no idea what the whole story was about. All I know was that it an
was interesting concept and the action was pretty great. Just the transitioning from one scene to the next went by so fast that most of the movie just flew right over my head. Maybe I'll have to see it a couple more times. :hmmm:

Movie: Snow White - The Fairest of them all

Rating: M

Comments: Love this movie.

It's the real life version of the movie with Kristen Kreuk as Snow White.

It has a more magical feel about it with Miranda Richardson as the evil Step-mother.

She's always in those Merlin movies and such.

Great storyline. Slightly different ways in which things are dealt with but the plot is the same.

Fantastic movie that I shall watch over and over again!

Score: 10/10

Last edited:
Back