[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire collection of Bond - the world's best-selling string quartet.

I've fallen in love with neo-classical/classical cross-over music and Bond just take this interest to the max. With amazingly well done cover versions and original pieces, there's something in their albums for everyone, particularly 'Explosive', which is currently the best piece of music I've ever heard.

Pure Narcotic - Porcupine Tree
It has a pretty decent mix of instruments in this song; I think there might even be a xylophone in there somewhere. :wacky: As far as their songs go, this is one of the better.

had enough - the enemy

Hmmm good tune, think it was their first single from the debut(only?) album. Has that sorta indie feel to it but the chorus is nice and fast. The enemy and the arctic monkeys are the only indie acts i like.

disloyal order of water buffaloes - fall out boy

Weird fucking name for a song innit? Very good track though i especially like the lyrics, usually i can never make sense of fobs lyrics but this song makes a lot of sense. Its one of those sad yet cheerful songs.

Geraldine - Glasvegas
I really like this song, nice lyrics, although the singer likes to add in syllables to most words. The guitar and drumming is quite simple, but that goes well witht he song.

Lonely Train - Black Stone Cherry

Love this song. Chris Robertson's vocals are great and so is Ben Wells' solo. The song takes a few changes in pace which I love, especially when it slows down half way through and starts up again.

Ready Steady Go by L'Arc~en~Ciel

An opening theme song from the anime Fullmetal Alchemist. This is one of my favorite Japanese song and band. I'm trying to practice this song. Too bad I don't have an electric guitar.. T_T

I Don't Care - Apocalyptica featuring Adam Grotier

I don't really care for the band all that much, but Grotier's vocals are amazing. I'm a huge Three Day's Grace fan, so it suprised me that I didn't discover he had released this song until yesterday. I really love the violin solo in the beginning though, as well as the piano solo in the middle. This song definately goes on my favorites list ^^

I Don't Care - Apocalyptica featuring Adam Grotier

I don't really care for the band all that much, but Grotier's vocals are amazing. I'm a huge Three Day's Grace fan, so it suprised me that I didn't discover he had released this song until yesterday. I really love the violin solo in the beginning though, as well as the piano solo in the middle. This song definately goes on my favorites list ^^

Yeah but I thought his name was Adam "Gontier" or am I confusing that with someone else?

No More Words - Endeverafter

I usually go for albums and just don't bother with songs not on the album but this song (the entrance song for WWE wrestler Jeff Hardy) is an exception. I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure Morning - Placebo

I really like the vocals in this song, they are very relaxed but eerie at the same time. I also like how the guitar bass and drums just complement the vocals without going to over the top.

Just Like You - Three Days Grace

Love this song. Wasn't on the playlist Busta provided me but it still rocks balls. Can't really relate to the song but it still rocks hard.

Origin of Symmetry - Muse

Black Holes and Revelations got the most attention but this is still Muse's best album to date by far. It's a textbook lesson in how to do bombast and excess without ever becoming ridiculous, full of crashing guitar and operatic vocals; right through from the twinkling opening to New Born to the organ flourish at the end of Megalomania.

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

This is one of my favourite songs by Fleetwood Mac, I only like Rhiannon more than this one, and It's really powerful. The lyrics are awesome, and the emotion in the guys voice is incredible. It's simply a classic.

I'm listening to a few songs atm
I'm going through a phase:gasp:
The Used - Liar Liar(Burn In hell)
The Used - Wake the Dead
Dragonforce - Prepare for War
The Black Mages - The Man With The Machine Gun
All great songs imo. I can't stop listening to them, it's annoying me a little bit:wacky:
I think that they're all just catchy songs and I'll probably be listening to them for ages.

The Time Has Come by Hillsong United

Another great song from Hillsong United. One of the best christian rock songs that I've heard. I haven't played this song. It's too hard XD

My Ashes - Porcupine Tree
It's a rather calming song by them, or at least I think so. There's some great vocal work by Stephen Wilson in it and the drumming seems to go so well with the piano.

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine

As I always say, so good even Final Fantasy VII referenced it. It still sounds like nothing else ever made, all swirling guitars and ethereal vocals. It's layers of music all painstakimgly assembled, and the end result is fantastic.

I'm listening to The Ugly Organ by Cursive. It's rare to find an album where every song is so good. "Red Handed Slight of Hand" and "Art is Hard" are both awesome songs especially. The band keeps coming to my area, but it's always just a little too far away to go. Hopefully I'll find the time to go, they're bound to have a good live show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back