[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 - jimmy eat world

Off the album futures which is one of their slower easy going albums. I like this song because it cools me down after ive had an argument or a shitty day at work. Also it reminds me of good times when i was younger. Nice memories = nice thoughts i figure.

Bed folds

You don't know me

Invocator - Weave the Apocalypse
I'd like to direct your attention, and re-direct everyone else's attention, to my opening post in this thread:

In this thread, please state the title and artist of the song to which you are currently listening. It is not necessary to include a rating but it will be necessary to include an explanation of why you enjoy listening to that/those particular song(s).

As this request has been made in the first post, it is expected that all members will read this request. As such, short and relatively non-contributory posts will be deleted on sight, followed by a warning via Personal Messages.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Invocator - Writhe in Spit

I enjoy listening to Invocator, because they make quality music on international level, yet they are vastly underrated, and generally unheard of. They definitely have loads of progressive elements in their thrash inspired music, and both the riffs and arrangements, are interesting, entertaining and extremely heavy. Also I love the death influences on their album, they make the music much more fresh. Definitely a proud danish representant of thrash metal it is.

tl;dr version = This band kicks ass. Go listen to it!

Let Me Drown - Soundgarden
The guitar opening to this song is brilliant - I think I may like it as much as Plug in Baby. It repeats throughout the song, making it particularly catchy and Cornell really uses his voice well.

"What's It For" sung by Emily Curtis. She has a very nice, breathy sounding voice. It's from Ghost in the Shell. It's very calming, but the lyrics are a bit depressing despite the happy overall feeling you get from the song.

Live in the country - Girls Aloud

One of the better songs on their Out of Control album, I'd be surprised if this wasn't released as the next single from the album, although I think the Loving Kind is the better song, I can see this doing better than it - it's just so fun and bubbly ^^

Biz Markie - Just a Friend.
This song has a great beat to it. I just recently started listening to it ever since i saw the trailer for The Wackness. It's got a catchy piano beat to it and his voice is really good. Catchy course too.

Public Enemy - He Got Game

I've always been a fan of 80's-90's Rap and this song is one of my personal favourites from that era in rap, the tune is really great even though it is made up of only two notes and the song just has a general uplifting feel to it.

Last edited:
Daddy Cool - Placebo
iTunes genius tricked me into this. Never the less, Placebo covering Boney M was always going to be epic. It's an odd mixture of pop/alternative. It makes for a very catchy song. Though I think it's more style than substance.

aberdeen vs rangers on the radio

Cant find it for the life of me on the tv....grrrrrrr i dont mind listening to it on the radio but still its not the same. Theyre showin an andy murray repeat on tv but theyre not showing the live game. hmph!

Teenage Kicks - The Undertones

I like this song, I'd forgotten just how epic it is. The original shows just how shitty the cover versions are :monster:

Kid Rock - All Summer Long

I heard this on Jimmy Carr's live DVD at christmas and only just realised that I had it after my little cousin made me upload his Kerrang album to my laptop. Contrary to what I just said moments ago in another thread, it's a modern song with a cheery tone to it and I admire that. It has a nice little piano riff, too.

Whatever You Like - T.I.
T.I is one of my most favourite artists and this is my favourite song from all hes made. I'm really into rap and this song just gets me going. I just love singing along to it and it gets me pumped up for hockey games.

Hoppipola - Sigur Ros
10/10

One of the loveliest songs I've ever heard. I kind of wish I was fluent in Icelandic so I could understand the lyrics, although I sort of like it like this - it's like listening to martians sing. >_>
It's most definitely the instruments I like most about it though, I think it would work quite nicely as an instrumental song.

Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold

Avenged Sevenfold are a band I have been unsure about. Mainly because I'm not a big fan of Metalcore which they have a past of but hearing some of their recent efforts being more in the lines of Hard Rock (my preference) I decided to listen to them and the above song I have been playing constantly. I love the guitar riffs and the solos and I love how the chorus differentiates from the verses.

Love, Hate, Love - Alice In Chains
Great lyrics and great vocals for starters. It's a bit of a cliche, but the song is actually quite intense. It's a slow bitter love song, it's not at all cheery. It's about hating someone who you love, and it's just brilliant.

Forest of Fellatio - Iamerror

Heavy beats, good use of chiptunes, and some good screaming

Mod Edit: Please put more effort into your posts in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Pearl - Lacrimas Profundere

This is the first song i heard from them and i can't get enough of it, the vocals sound great, good guitar and drums, i just like everything about it, i think i'm gonna go download some more soon.

Glass In The Trees - Dead Poetic

Helps me escape reality, possibly because it reminds me greatly of Advent Children. Soaring vocals, the drums and guitars blend well...great band, but I doubt they still exist. Shame T-T

Love Song - Taylor Swift.
I am actually quite against country music, meaning that i really really can't stand it, but for some reason this one is really good. I like the song and shes got a really good voice but this is the only song i like from her. Probably up there with some of the best songs, but i was quite shocked i actually liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back