[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cigarettes and Alcohol - Oasis
It's often hard for me to make a top 5 list with Oasis, but this is probably one of the ones that would always be there. The opening guitar is brilliant, as are the lyrics.

Ys - Joanna Newsom

A really ambitious, sometimes astonishing album. The only real flaw is sometimes the orchestration smothers Joanna's wonderful vocals. But it's one of those albums you can lose yourself in completely, it just sounds gorgeous, especially when Bill Callahan's vocals join in on Only Skin.

Louisiana Bob - Maximum the Hormone
i usually like complicated music....and this kind of music from time to time is kinda like..
complicated music = meat
this = ice-cream^^

Secret Secret - Perfume 9/10

Its this Japanese song that REALLY addicting lol
I love the tune of it and I actually know most of the words.
plus I love the dance in the video ^_^ Its just a really fun song

The parts with the stairs remind me of KH2.....

Last edited:
Rage Against the Machine - Freedom

The opening riff has been stuck in me head all day. I like Zack's rapping in this song and the screams of "Freedom" as the song closes give me goosbumps. I also love the way the pace and energy of the song are constantly changing.

The Cab - I'll Run

I like this song a lot. :monster: Great drum intro, love the sexy voice of the vocalist. A love song, so it's easy to appreciate. It's been my LSS for the past week now. It also reminds me of this guy. But let's not get into that.

Poker Face - Lady GaGa

It's every bit as addicting and catchy as Just Dance, but I think I like this one more. It's catchy and very very fun, I can see this song becoming just as big as Just Dance.

I am currently listening to Asterix from Bleach. I must say I like this song and it has some pretty cool lyrics. Its kinda a crazy and calm song but still its awesome.

Mixi - I Miss those Days (Ghost) 10/10
I LOVE this song, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mixi, hence the username change lol. She won this show on Fuse called Redemption Song, and she was amazing ^_^

My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson

Love it. The chorus is the best part of the song though, she just gets to belt it out. She's the most noteworthy American Idol winner, and this song shows why.

Rage Against the Machine - Settle for Nothing

This song is very different from most of RATM's other work, especially that which is on their debut album. I really love the tone and relatively peaceful sound to Morello's solo in this song. As I said before, this song is quite different from RATM's other work, but I really like it.

Metallica - The Call of Ktulu
An instrumental song off "Ride the Lightning" that runs for about 9 minutes (!) It was inspired by Cliff Burton's love of H.P. Lovecraft's works, particularly "The Call of Cthulhu". It opens with a melancholy clean guitar riff, which then turns into an evil-sounding, which is then turned into distorted guitars for the rest of the song. It comes to an epic ending after a few minutes, with the clean riff playing again, then a loud outro with distorted guitars. It does an excellent job of capturing the feel of the story, the song "following" the plot almost to a T (can't really say, haven't read the whole thing yet.) It's one of Metallica's better instrumentals, second only to Orion and Anestesia (Pulling Teeth), both also featuring bassist Cliff Burton. If you like this song, you should definitely listen to the version off of the S&M album; the orchestra helps bring out the song's epicness.
Burton's love for Cthulhu also inspired another song, "The Thing That Should Not Be" on Metallica's "Master of Puppets."
R.I.P. Cliff \m/

Arctic monkeys - The view from the afternoon

Been so long since i listenend to this song, found my album by pure luck while tidying. This was always the song me and my mates used to play before we would go out on a satutday night. it gets ya in the mood for partying.

Opening Movie(Theme of Final Fantasy XII) by Hitoshi Sakimoto.

This song is epic. The whole score gets a bad rap because it's such a departure from Uematsu's simpler melodies, but personally I love it. It's...bombastic and complex, and gives me the hella shivers.

Rhiannon (live) - Fleetwood Mac

I love this song, and it sounds awesome live. I love the extra verse at the end where Stevie Nicks really lets rip. She has such an amazing voice, and she sounds fantastic live.

Walking in Memphis - Cher

Song is rather great no matter who sings it really, and although I rarely ever listen to Cher she does give it something extra that most other artists don't, plus she has a great voice in my opinion, great song! :-)
You got a prayer in Memphisssssssss!

Think - Aretha Franklin

Aretha has a truly amazingly powerful voice, and this song showcases this perfectly. It's an awesome song and Aretha really delivers a killer vocal.

Escapism-Antique Cafe

One of my favorite songs of them and it's been a long time since I last listened to it.
I'm listening to a lot of J-songs lately...

Bryan Adams - I'll Be Right Here Waiting For You

Well, since I moved to New York with my family, my boyfriend followed and is attending university about two hours away from where I live. Since we've been together for two plus years, we're not going to let distance stop us. I only get to see him once a month, if I'm lucky and this song just seems appropriate when I get to thinking about how much I miss him ^_^

The Loving Kind - Girls Aloud

We're all allowed our odd gay song and this'll be mine, for now. There's something about the bridge that grabs me and, although the chrous has a somewhat repetitive pattern, it's still appealing. Plus, Cheryl Cole. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back