[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Middle ~ Jimmy Eat World

8.5/10

Heard this song on Rockband 2 the other day up at Aztec's and haven't been able to get it outta my head. I love hearing these songs that I haven't heard since high school years.

Bone Thugs ~N~ Harmony (featuring 2pac) - Thug Luv

Always a classic hearing these dudes rap, when rap used to be treasured.

pink floyd - shine on you crazy diamond - live

Live version thing it was taken from live8 a few years back. Anyway its a lot longer than the original and the sound coming from the orchestra and the guitar is amazing. I usually listen to this song when i need to relax or in a case like now when ive got a sore head, always seems to make me feel better.

Forest of Fellatio by Iamerror

I really like the chiptunes in their newer songs. It brings a much more liveier feel to it. The chiptunes bring back memories of playing my SNES when i was younger. Such good times. If you don't mind hardcore music, I suggest checking them out.

MGMT - Electric Feel

Trippy shit, the line "shock me like an electric eel" instantly makes this song awesome. I like the whole modern psychedelic thing that MGMT has going on. I haven't heard too much from them, but this particular song makes me want to hear some more of their songs.

The Ping Pong Song (Do You Know) ~ by Enrique Iglesias

9.2/10

Freakin' love this song. Heard it on the way up to Mike Mussina's place before Christmas and can't get it outta my head. It's always the song we blast in the truck CD player when we go out to the bars. The ladies love it.

Daughter of The Everglades - Rory Gallagher
Lovely blues song, though not hugely bluesy. The guitar playing is outstanding, he is a massively underrated guitarist. He has a nice singing voice and has good range which allows him to sing quite softly. The drums give the song a nice tempo, though they aren't really heard.

Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragon Force

This song f*cking ROCKS! Smashing guitar solos and gut-busting drumbeats make this song GREAT. I discovered it when I was playing guitar hero 3 and this song OWNED me.

Midnight Juggernauts - Into the Galaxy

I really like what I've heard from this band. I like the bands electronic sound and the way they have tried to fuse alternative rock and dance. This particular song is just great, I love the synth sounds and the vocals (while simple) are very catchy.

Colt 45 ~ by Afroman

7.5/10

Heard this song first during a college Power Hour I was doing 3 years ago. I saw a 50-second clip of it on the DVD we were watching and I went and downloaded teh song and put it on my iPod; love it. Know the whole song now.

Roxanne - The Police

One of the first Police songs I heard, it's very catchy and it gets caught in my head all the time. I like everything about this song, the singing, the music, everything. Awesome song =D

Prepare For War - DragonForce

I'm addicted to Dragonforce at the moment. The guitaring is just so freaking awesome. It's the music I listen to when I have writing/graphics muse and I've been listening to then CONSTANTLY for like, four days xDDDD

Also, the solos... ROCK MA EEEEEEEEEEARS

The Ping Pong Song (Do You Know) ~ by Enrique Iglesias
You know how i know your gay... ;)

General Beatrix said:
Roxanne - The Police
I love this song, but it is quite repetitive chorus :gasp:

Anyways.. Currently listening too..
Notorious B.I.G - Juicy
9.5/10
Great song. Love biggy's rapping. His rhymes are the best i've heard from any other artist like him. Very deep stuff he raps about. This song in general is about his life. Really catchy, and it's one of my favourite songs.

Sara - Fleetwood Mac

I love Stevie Nicks. Her voice is so powerful, and I adore the lyrics to this song. The guitar and drums in this song are awesome too. I always like the Fleetwood Mac songs that Stevie Nicks is heavily featured on.

Enter Shikari - The Feast

I really like the synth parts and I find the chorus of this song quite catchy. The lyrics are quite...strange to say the least. I read somewhere that they were about an acid trip but I have no idea whether that is true or not. But anyway, the point is I like this song!

Sound of Madness - Shinedown

Just awesome. I love the line "You think that by crying to me, your looking so sorry that I'm gonna believe you've been infected by a social disease? Well then take your medicine!"

I've been trying to think of a song to replace my current ringtone which is currently White Knuckles by Alter Bridge and I think I may have found a suitable replacement. When your phone goes off it has got to rock! :D

Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies
I'd say this is my favourite of theirs, but not by much. I fell in love with it when I first watched Fight Club and I still like it now. The guitar in particular stands out as a strong point to me, and the simple drumming works really well.

If you see her say hello - Bob Dylan

My favourite Bob Dylan song from my favourite Bob Dylan album. You can hear the emotion in his voice, it doesn't have the anger of Idiot wind, but there is at least a tinge of resentment that can be heard. But that sense of loss is so palpable, his emotion just gets right through to you. All in all I love this song.

The Party Scene - All Time Low

A song that's all about youth.... Although the lyrics are nothing special, the vocals are pretty cool, and it makes me want to randomly bang my head around...haha, it's just pure fun.

Sex is on Fire - Kings of Leon
I started getting into this song a month or so ago.. for the life of me i can't think of where the first time i heard it.. anyways this is one of my favourite songs on my playlist. Love the lyrics, has a good beat to it and overall its just an awesome song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back