[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Avril Lavigne - Alice

Alone, I really adore this song. It's refreshing to see Avril writing a song on her own for the very first time and it's brought together very well. I love the screaming chorus. The video conveys the song fantastically since I didn't understand it before it came out. I'm now anticipating what she releases next.

10/10

Akon- Sorry, Blame it on me.

It's different style from what i've usually seen Akon do but nonetheless, I really like this song. It's a very... hmmm, touching song I guess it's hard to put my finger on as to why I like it so much.. I just do.

I think maybe the concept of the song and owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility. Yeah, I think that's what it is. All and all, I enjoy it. <3
9/10

Hanz Zimmer - Now We Are Free
Such a beautiful love song. It's so tragic and bittersweet. Hanz Zimmer is our times greatest composer. It takes a lot to make such beautiful music that's so meaningful.

Right Girl - The Maine

New album coming out July 13th. :x3: Can't wait. I really like their music style, and at first I wasn't so sure about this new album, 'cause John on the lead vocals seemed to sound a bit different to their 'original' sound, but I already have two new favourite songs, which are the only two they've fully released so far. :wacky: So... You can guess what that says. Awesome band. <3 Jeff for picking me up the album if it's not available here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Y2...D74BF527&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=41

Yeah . . . hip-hop is still my genre of choice for this week.

Maintain by Cyne

This group, trio really, comes straight out of Gainesvilla, Florida. Two black emcees with very different styles that somehow marry their vocal techniques perfectly add in one cool ass white deejay and you have a crazy underrated group. These guys have been doin' there thang for over a decade now and they still haven't received any airplay or major exposure. It's a damn shame that talentless guys like Kanye and Lil' Wayne get their chances time and time again to release "groundbreaking" records and nab awards when these guys have been in the game longer than they have and haven't even been noticed by the general public yet.

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

Nearly a couple of years on and this song is still up there as one of my all-time favourites. I still don't fully know where the heck the title came from, but from what I understand, it was probably a running joke in the production stage or something. Needless to say, Caleb's voice in this song is just fantastic to listen to. I'm a bit lost in words when I want to describe his voice actually.

10/10

Tupac-Nothing to lose

This song is a lyrical bomb..............

They make you think.................

R.I.P Tupac (1971-1996)

Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate on your post? This can be considered as spam and be deleted next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
MF DOOM & Madblib - Madvillain - Accordion

Lyrical god, man. Plus he wears a badass Darth Vader-inspired mask? Badass mofo.
Backed by a guy who plays an electronic accordion and a simple drum beat, this track is just . . . mellow, chill shit, I love underground hip hop. Any man or woman that's into the underground hip hop scene, nows about this cat or at least they should consider listening to him. Did I mention that he's British? (is secretly a partial Anglophile) aldjaldjmjlcdjalskdllsdljalaoijwaj! :woo:

'Cause yeah, he's British.

1000/10

Pharrell Williams--"Despicable Me"

I just saw the movie last night (f**king HILARIOUS btw :wacky:), and this song was in it towards the beginning, and it caught my attention :D It doesn't have all that many lyrics, but something about it is really entertaining, I'm in kind of a devious mood right now myself and it fits nicely :ryan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhV3Cdh1_KE&feature=related
(For the song, I haven't really watched the video but I don't think it's official or anything :hmmm:)

I'm an animated movie whore, or to be more specific, I'm a DREAMWORKS/PIXAR movie whore so I'm definitely going to see that. The premise looked sooo cute!

Anyway it's MF DOOM again, Madvillain album, with the sampling genius, Madlib. The song? Monkey Suite. The beat sounds like it's aged from the 70s or 80s but it leaves a really great aftereffect with the slight synth distortions. Plus, MF DOOM is such an intellectual lyricist next to Nas, Mos Def, Cannibus, and co. Great stuff.

10/10

Metric - Combat Baby
Great indie rock song from an even greater rock band.:gasp: Her voice just takes me back to the 90s, she's bloody brilliant, this girl.

MF Doom - Mr.Clean

What is there to say? Killer beat, more lyrical decimation, more play on words, and a funny title to boot. Yay. 10/10

Speechless By Lady Gaga

I really love the lyrics and the whole live performance vibe she gives in this song, and I love the story behind its writing and composing, I adore this song so much I just want break out into singing the lyrics. Lady gaga ceases to amaze me.

An definite 20/10

Sick Puppies- All the same

I actually haven't really heard of these guys before :hmmm: But, i've been listening to some of their work and I must say, i'm impressed. I know they've been around for a while :hmmm:

This song is just really awesome :ryan:

The lyrics, the music, everything.

The dude has a nice voice I think.

♪But I dont like illusions I cant see
Them clearly♪

There's something I particulary love about this part. I think it's they way he sings it idunno.

Good jam. (y)
10//10

Karnivool - Themata

A progressive rock band from Perth, Australia. These guys are amazing and this is the song that pulled me into them. It's their most famous song because the riffs just hit you in the face and it's just an all around rocking song.

Eminem-I'm Not Afraid

I'm glad Eminem is back!.............with him releasing song's like this and weezy in prison(no offence to lil wayne fans) hopefully hip-hop will go back to the way it was(when Tupac and Biggie were alive)...............

You can find out a a lot about Eminem just by listing to this song and the lyrics.........Even by the title "I'm not afraid".

Fly Lo aka Flying Lotus -- Massage Situation

If any of you guys are avid watchers of Adult Swim (like me) then you might recognize this beat. The guy produces tracks on an indie type label, sends some out to Adult Swim, and mostly compiles his works into albums. This is what acid would probably sound like if it were music. Seriously.

10/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUx6wGCekM&feature=related&fmt=18

R.E.M - Man On The Moon
Just a bloody brilliant song by an amazing band! His lyrics are always so meaningful and so deep. Their songs really make you think long and hard.

This is just one of the many amazing songs of theirs. I grew up listening to them because my dad's a huge fan of them. I guess I get the love for this band from him.

10/10

Never Again by Nickleback

I remember listening tot this album when I was young, Oh the reveries. I mean jeez I have always loved my some rock bands. I couldn't believe it when I heard about the video for this song being banned or no one aired it or something like that...;)

I love you Nickleback come back to this stuff! :cry:

Decapitated Orgasms - Five Deez

Betcha' thought the title was the stereotypical name of a heavy metal band, did'ncha? :sneaky: Anyhow these guys are from Cincinnati, Ohio and they're smoooooth. I love underground hip hop because you can find some real intellectually charged gems if you dig deep enough. I'm itching to find out where they sampled the sick beat from but yeah they're lyrics are just awesome.

Some food for thought . . .

Artist: Five Deez
Album: Koolmotor
Title: Decapitated Orgasms

(Infinte, enough
Not again, come on, come on
Gotta go, fo' sure, fo' sure
I can't move, can you look it down?
Lift it up, move out, move out
Prob'ly can't, come on, come on
Closer, 'cause I'm out, I'm out
I'm leavin', you know I'm leavin)

People tight like spandex
Thought I was the man next
After the badge who submitted
Got locked down
Baby knocked down all the walls
That led straight to Ohio
The heart of it all and place
Where I started to fall
She had a body of heaven or hell
I can't tell
'Cause her ass say 'Hey!'
But her smile say 'What?' (Say what?)
Cut to the chase
That I never could catch
Just gettin' caught up
In soft skin and hard luck
(Stuck) in between tryin' to stick
And makin' my pick
Feelin' more like a brick
As every day went by
I would try to let her know
But she knew how to play
Those love games, drive a man insane
Deceitful plain Jane
Had me swingin' like Tarzan
When I fell off the vine
Man she had no shame
And flip you out like flat tires
When she tried to gas me
Buyin' buckets and bottles
Puttin' the throttle to the metal
I was stuck pickin' petals
(Like 'she loves me, she loves me not)
But in the end
She just blew up my spot
(Mad aim)
Thinkin' if we were together
Then she'd prob'ly try to change me
And not go crazy, but I'm crazy anyway
('Cause she loves me not)
This is the getaway scene
It's time to plot and scheme
To find another feem
To be down with my team
'Cause this one shatterd my dreams
It doesn't matter, it seems
Like she was never there
Heart breaker

[Sample]
Yeeeeah.....

[Verse 2]
Used to feel like heaven
When I tickled her spot
From the age of eleven to nine
(Felt to mine)
I was shut like blinds to the ways of ladies
I couldn't remember
(Of all my letters she's the main sender)
Puttin' strain on levels of my life didn't happen
Tappin' into me
Seein' that hurt was all supposed to be
And was it possible that she got way too close to me?
'Cause in my face and under my nose
Were things I didn't see
But were my eyes open?
Was my wakin' up to my crib (smokin' and flamin')?
For these types of things there's no containment
So the moments of meditation got longer, deeper
Wonderin' if I would (leave her), if I should (keep her)
My sister told me I should never be a thrill seeker
Shorty knew me way back when I used to boost sneakers
Connected like a hand and wrist to stay stiff
Lookin' in her eyes always took me on a strange trip
Plus the words that she spoke seemed true
When she said 'I dreamt of you'
Who knew that 'you' wasn't me?
Puttin' images in the mind is just a possibility
And my emotional state began to slowly fluctuate
(I found letters)
On how she loved some other cat better
And it got explicit (internal organs felt twisted)
I knew from the beginnin' but somethin' said 'risk it'
Like the mention of the name
If you're never injured, no pain, right?

(Infinte, enough
Not again, come on, come on
Gotta go, fo' sure, fo' sure
I can't move, can you look it down?
Lift it up, move out, move out
Prob'ly can't, come on, come on
Closer, 'cause I'm out, I'm out
I'm leavin', you know I'm leavin)

[Sample]
Yeeeeah.....

10/10

Back