[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Borknagar- The Stellar Dome
Anyone into extreme metal I recommend getting their album "Empericism" immediately.

Borknagar- The Stellar Dome
Anyone into extreme metal I recommend getting their album "Empericism" immediately.
I may add some songs off of it remind me of FF for some....odd reason....

MOD EDIT: Merged posts because double posting is against the rules. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qMIjUMcZs

Check it . . .

Makoto -- Open Your Eyes

Amazingly uplifting track by this guy. He's a musical genius. Fast paced drums with infectious looping vocals ("Yeah-ah! Open your eyes!") and a cool California-inspired summery beat; it's great to listen to while you're doing some jogging or bicycling. Very much indicative of summer. Yup. I'm putting this one on repeat for a while.

2000000/10

Men At Work - Land Down Under
I LOVE this song! The Men at Work is a band my dad always loved listening to and I guess that's where I got it from. It's just a fun summer-y song that always makes me smile. The video is one of my favorites of all time.

A perfect score for this song!

St. Elsewhere Album by Gnarls Barkley

Currently 'Smiley Faces' - Gnarls Barkley

Next album - Plastic Beach by Gorillaz.

Crossfire- Brandon Flowers

Ahhhh Brandon Flowers is amazing ♥ He has a very lovely voice. Its very easy to spot it out because he stands out. The Killers is an amazing band even though it's not the killers Brandon's the lead.
I love the lyrics as well.

The chorus is awesome too <3
like it a lot =]

8/10

♪There’s a still in the street outside your window
You’re keepin’ secrets on your pillow
Let me inside, no cause for alarm
I promise tonight not to do no harm
I promise you baby,I won't be no harm

And we're caught up in the crossfire
A heaven and hell
And were searching for shelter
Lay your body down...

Watching your dress as you turn down the light
I forget all about the storm outside
Dark clouds roll their way over town
Heartache and pain came pouring down like
Chaos in the rain, yeah

And we're caught up in the crossfire
Heaven and hell
And were searching for shelter
Lay your body down...

Tell the devil that he can go back from where he came
His fire he airs all through their beating vein.
And when the hardest part is over we'll be here
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears
Boundaries of our fears

Lay your body down(6x)

Next to mine....♪

Agnes - Release Me

It was the song that got me into her, the original and still the best one she's released in my opinion. Everything about this song just wants me to get up, dance and belt out the chorus in particular. I've probably said this before, but she's got a very unique voice and I've remembered it since. The song is very well produced and a real Eurodance hit.

10/10

James - Sit Down

This is one of the first songs by them I ever heard to be quite honest and since then my dad has persistently played it. Pretty good song if im perfectly honest.

10/10 :P

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

Haven't heard this for aaaaaaaages. This is the song that originally got me into the band. I really love Amy Lee's voice in this. I've no idea how she can change her voice from being so low and then so high. It's amazing. The production is also carefully laid out.

9/10

Two steps from hell - exodus

Don't really know what to say about this one. I;ve downloaded some albums of them and the first two I listened were epic! but this album... neeeh. This song is okay from it though. The choir sings in full power again and the beat is nice, but it doesn't have the wow effect on me.

I rate it a 6/10

Lifehouse - You & Me

A very beautiful love song. I love the frontman's voice because he can easily put the emotion into the lyrics and the music in the background, the violins in particular towards the end, makes it so well produced. It's definitely one of those songs I'll remember in years to come.

10/10

For some wierd reason My Hands - Leona Lewis. My ipod was on shuffle and it just came on. This song is powerfull and emotional, plus it makes XIII look so awesome in the trailer.

Billy Talent - Fallen Leaves

I forgot how good of a song this was and only decided to listen to it because some dick in a car outside had it blasting out of his overly powered stereo system.... Which broke his window with the bass. :hmmm:

Justin Moore - Small Town USA.

This song tought me the beauty of county music. I used to think that it was all rednecks talking about their sisters but i was being sterotypical and i was wrong. After this song i started to listen to the country music station where i live and i was hooked and it is now my favorite genre of music

Ain't Nothin' New -- The Roots

If you don't know these guys and you like rap/hip-hop, listen to them now. Fucking do it, motha'fucka, they're amazing. Black Thought slaughters the track lyrically as usual, the guy turns regular curse words into powerful poetry. He's forceful and showing you all why they're 5-time Grammy nominees. Did I mention that each member can play an instrument and can rap/sing? Not a lot of artists today possess that kind of musical/artistic versatility. Eeep, I love these guys, I'm a total fan girl. The whole 'Falling Apart' album is masterful so just check it out, it's a funky powerful, back to the roots, awesome record. Quirky play on words intended.

120000384848843929291910100000282994857688889999999999911010101000 over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaand/10

Seriously, they're like hip-hop gods in my opinion.

EDIT: Also just 'cause . . . one of the five now limited covers you could choose from,
ThingsFallApartriot.jpg

. . . powerful image to go with equally powerful sobering music.

And a link to the amazing godly hip-hop song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5A2-mDcyQ&fmt=18, note the badass pic of Black Thought and Questlove. Yeah man.

Ben Harper - Amen Omen

One of my top three favorite songs ever by any artist. Ben Harper is an amazing African American fella, who kicks out the best bluesish jams I know. His voice sort of has a Lenny Kravitz thing to it and I dig it. His lyrics are .. effin amazing. Hell he even looks like Lenny without the dreads.

Rating: 20/10

K'naan Wavin Flag official South Africa 2010 theme song. Man I love this song its just so awesome. I dont know the artist K'naan but still its the only song I like by him whoever he is lol. I have been singing this alot lately.

9/10

I am currently listening to James - Destiny Calling (Live at t in the park)

'False Media' - The Roots

This whole song is smex. Seriously, a beautiful lush melody building up to a wonderful orchestration of jazzy funkiness via soft melodic harps, clapping rhythms, lax drumming, and the awesome ad-libbing in the background of how America's lost itself in the haze of greed and corruption . . .gold. Pure gold. GAME THEORY's a stronger album than Rising Down and is an almost a return to Things Fall Apart in the grittiness aspect. It's darker, very somber, witty, and biting and Black Thought clips at you with his lyrical delivery. He's got potent, raw, angry, embittered words behind this beautifully crafted track: "America's lost somewhere inside of Littleton
Eleven million children are on Ritalin
That's whay I don't rhyme for the sake of riddlin
False media, we don't need it, do we?
Pilgrims, Slaves, Indian, Mexican
It looks real fucked up for your next of kin
That's why I don't rhyme for the sake of riddlin
False media
"

And Black Thought's words should make you think, or at least make you feel embittered too, he's right after all: "See that's how we get your fear to control you
But ain't nobody under more control than the soldier
And how could you expect a kid to keep his composure
When all sorts of thoughts fought for exposure again

12000038484884392929191010000028299485768888999999 9999911010101000 over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaand/10

I'd rate it higher but it needs to be longer than 2.50 minutes. :(

Sober by Tool

There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

Waiting like the stalking butler
Whom upon the finger rests
Murder now the path called "must we"
Just because the Son has come

Jesus, won't you fucking whistle
Something but what's past and done?