[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Grass -- Animal Collective

They sound like they've went on the weirdest acid trip on all of their songs, but what can you expect? Their music is pretty much hippie revival. Thumping drums, with an occasional clashing cymbal, and the yelping of the lead singer, adds a very chaotic feel to an otherwise hazy song. It's . . . trippy. Lol. Real trippy but good.

9/10 only because the cymbals throw me off a bit.

Markus Krunegård - Jag är en Vampyr [I am a vampire]

To be honest, probably one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. I'm definately adding it to my top 50 songs of all time. I don't think anyone will really know of him here, but a few rock lovers might know of his band Laapko. They are definately worth a listen if you're a big fan of the Paramores and Muses of the world.

Ellie Goulding - The Writer

To simply put, this is a beautiful song, beautifully sung by Miss Goulding as ever with actual lyrics that I actually like. It has to be one of my favourites from her album "Lights". I've always thought that Ellie's voice stands out amongst the numerous others that have tried to make a name for themselves in the music industry in the last year or so. This song certainly captures the feeling of loving and losing somebody well.

9/10

Sleigh Bells - Treats

8/10

Really well done abrasive noise rock on this duo's debut album. At 32 minutes it doesn't outstay its welcome and is wonderfully bracing. It might eventually prove to not have longevity but for now it's one of my favourite albums of 2010 so far.

Right Here- Staind

Great song hands down. Staind is an awesome rock band and this is one of their songs that I could never get tired of listening to. They make some pretty good music that's for sure (y) It's very addicting and it's attached to me xD. The lead has a rough, tough yet amazing voice. The lyrics are what completes this song.

10/10

I know I've been mistaken
But just give me a break and see the changes that I've made
I've got some imperfections
But how can you collect them all and throw them in my face

But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting
And if you chose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting

I hope you're not intending
To be so condescending it's as much as i can take
and you're so independent
you just refuse to bend so I keep bending till I break

But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting
And if you chose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting

I've made a commitment
I'm willing to bleed for you
I needed fulfillment
I found what I need in you

Why can't you just forgive me
I don't want to relive all the mistakes I've made along the way
But I always find a way to keep you right here waiting
I always find the words to say to keep you right here waiting

But you always find a way
To keep me right here waiting
And if I chose to walk away would you be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep me right here waiting♪

BassNectar - Blue State Riddim - Mezmerizing the Ultra

One of the few songs that are related to D-step that has lyrics that i enjoy. The bass is heavy. Reverbs are here as in any other song. This DJ is almost like God in the eltronic dance scene. You dance to electro, you know who BassNectar is.

-This the type to catch the mic like that-

10/10

10/10

What can I say, 90's rock was kickass :neomon:

why a lyrics video for everlast? because the fcc can suck my big fat dick with their censoring :monster:

Reactions: Six
The Brothers Johnson -- I'll Be Good to You

This is a song that my mom actually recommended me to listen to while we were driving home. Funny. Anyway it's funky. This is the sort of music she used to party to back in the early-mid 80s and daaaamn, they had great freaking club music. It's incomparable. Definitely been unaware of this old group for a while. Yeah this just makes me want to dance.

10/10 for an awesomely sleek and smooth production. Everything from the soulful vocals to the amazing instrumentation just oozes "good music" and talent. These guys, unlike a good amount of pop mainstream artists today, can sing their asses off. Next up, Toni Toni Tone, just 'cause--they were awesome. Man, I miss Soul Train now. :(

Read My Mind - Killers (LVV Edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIK_Xw-lVsI

Yes, it's incredibly silly, but I love it anyways. Also, I just listened to the original before listening to this version so I could get a better comparison :p

BRUSHIN' WITH YO GABBA GABBA SQUID,
WHY DIDN'T I GET A WIG?
CHECK OUT MY MAGIC COAT,
A-LA-KA-ZAM!
I'LL MAKE IT DISAPPEAR AGAIN,
TA-DAH!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS, HERE'S DAVE AGAIN,
WHEN I WAVE HI I USE BOTH HANDS,
JACKET'S BACK ON ME,
JACKET'S BACK OFF ME,
TIME TO GO TO SLEEP....

The lyrics just feel so pointless without the visuals XD

It Never Rains in Southern California - Toni Toni Tone

Freaking love Raphael Saadiq and these guys, they are fucking geniuses. Yup. The video is nice but the song . . . my god, it's like ten years old or more and it still sounds hot. This is why artists sample so much because of the freshness of an original beat, it's easier to manipulate it as they see fit. Ugh. But yeah, this song is sensual and hot and damn it's old school RnB at its absolute pimpin' finest.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

It's outstanding and superb. The production is top of the top, you can't get any better than this.

Link to Epicness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNibj8LW-Q

Front 242 - Serial Killers Don't Kill Their Girlfriend

Currently in a sort of dark ambient mood. Pretty old school band, but I was browsing about recently and it turns out they have a lot of music in TV shows. Was pretty pleased to learn that actually =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6e7Cj1GSns&feature=related

Ares -- Gackt

Discovered this wonderfully popular J-Rock/J-Pop vocalist when I was twelve and I've never stopped listening to him. He's like chocolate, a guilty pleasure, for me. Anyway, in this song, he sings entirely in falsetto and it's so calming, how his voice flows right along with the piano's melody. It's so peaceful and beautiful, very ethereal. I love this man, seriously, everything he's put out that I've heard so far, I've fallen in love with.

Much love.
10/10

~ Im on a Boat ~ The Lonely Island ~9/10~

Although not as good as jizzed my pants lonely islands doesnt disapoint. This song is bit stupidly repatative but funny and awesome nonetheless and i couldnt help but play it quite a few times :x3:

Alexandra Burke - Overcome

Definitely one of the standouts from her debut album. I love how there's a choir behind Alexandra as support vocals, I like it when there is one. It sounds like one of those songs that you'd dance to at the end of the prom. Alexandra's voice is top notch here and I really wished that she'd released this as a single.

9/10

Neuroticfish - Hospitality

I love it. One my favourite songs by my favourite artists off of his debut Album No Instruments. I must lamely admit I own every CD and every Edition. 3 Versions of this CD. First, Second and US. Worth every penny that I have spent though =D

Track: 8/10
Album 11/10 <3

Lady GaGa - Bad Romance

This still rates somewhere in my top five songs from her. I love how ranged her voice sounds here. If I didn't know it was solely her, I would have thought someone else was featured on the track. The chorus is very, very catchy like you won't believe, as many people would agree. And she wrote the song. It's lovely to see an artist getting really involved in their music.

10/10

Elliott Yamin- Wait For You

This guy is amazing. I think he got in the top three in American Idol, If I recall correctly. I can see why people liked him. He has a sweet voice i think :hmmm: it's hard to explain. The music in the background matches nicely and fits the song.

TBH though, this is the only song of his that i've heard. I know he has a few others but, this song I guess was his only popular one. I think he should get a little more recognition. I guess he had his time. Not many AI's get very far expect the winner. (aside from Daughtry)

9/10

Right now I'm listening to "Yes, Lord"
Thats right I'm a christian.Usually I don't listen to music but I can't mess with the radio. The song isn't long but it's deadly slow. I perfer fast music.Not my favorite 10but its good. So, um, that's it.

O+S--"We Do What We Want To"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM71IbBeSaI

I was listening to another song by them, "New Life," that I liked from the Sorcerer's Apprentice movie (great film BTW :yay:) last night, and I actually like this song just as much ^_^ They seem to have a variety of different sounds in their songs, but this is one of the ones I prefer, kind of a nice ambient, somewhat slow rock song with mellow lyrics and vocals. 10/10

Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become

This is a really good song by one of my many favorite bands. Sometimes I think this song reflects some of my life, but then I snap back into reality. :wacky:

10/10

Back