[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Toad The Wet Sprocket- "All I Want"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0e_clbyUbc

90's radio rock :x3: I always loved their other single "Good Intentions," but I'd never known until recently that they did this song too, which I like just as much :D The singer has a very pleasant voice, and the song has a great melody, good for hanging out on a day off or driving around by the beach. Plus they also remind me of the Gin Blossoms, which are another one of my favorite bands. It's a shame I hear TTWS music more often in the grocery store than on the radio now though :lew: 10/10

Take A Chance On Me - ABBA

One of my favourite ever songs. It always makes me feel happy, even if I do feel slightly ridiculous dancing along with it at 5am xD Great harmonies, great beat, and an infectious chorus that I'll now be repeating all day.

Mike Posner- Falling. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now and it'd good to see him blowing up. But I just got the album and I'm listening and it's not bad but I expected more. His first mixtape will always be my favorite.

Plan B - She Said

Oooh, never thought I'd like a nice little song like this. It's very snazzy, it reminds me of one of those old songs you'd see at a showcase place. I like the old sound to it since it works and don't think I've heard anything so unique for quite sometime now. The frontman's voice is very smooth, too. Only the rapping bit lets it down.

9/10

if you don't know this song, you should. it's epic :monster:

Doing some mock interview thing this Tuesday, since I've been working pretty hard on trying to sing and play guitar I thought I might sing and play, so I stumbled upon it in my thoughts.

I am kinda thinking about not doing it though, i've had no vocal training whatsoever :gasp:

River (Acoustic) - LIGHTS

I'm kinda disappointed. Whenever I like a song (lyrics wise) most of the time I love the voice of the artist as well. I don't have that with LIGHTS. She's a great song writer if she writes her stuff herself, but her voice is too Britney Spears sounding for me... So hazily. Almost as if she's singing through her nose, which kinda puts me off. I love this song though, and I can stand her voice in the acoustic one, so I'm listening to that one a lot.

The lyrics are gorgeous. :gonk: Hopefully getting to covering this song. <3 Tis so pretty.

10/10

Out across cities I see buildings burn into piles
and watch the world in wonder, as mountains turn into tiles
and trees losing their leaves and their faces becoming tired
i wish i could discover something that doesn't expire
come stumble me

take me river, carry me far
lead me river, like a mother
take me over to some other unknown
put me in the undertow

such other things that make a kingdom rumble and shatter
the same dynamic that another day would never matter
it really just depends on who's giving and who's receiving
and things that don't make sense are always a little deceiving
come and stumble me

put me in the undertow

i wanna go where you're going
a follower, following
changing, but never changed
claiming, but never claimed

put me in the undertow

put me in the undertow
♪​

I'm absolutely in love with Paramore and Tegan and Sara. Saw both bands play live on the Honda Civic Tour and I was absolutely blown away. I'm constantly playing their songs on my guitar and bass.

Reactions: Six
Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up

Love the fact it's a rock chick's kinda song and that's only proven more by the video with the band on motorbikes. It's one of those kind of songs that I like to sit back and relax to without having to take it too serously. Plus, I pretty much like anything that the girls do. You'd probably hear this in a bar in Texas or something. xD

9/10

< Sun > - Shoji Meguro
http://youtu.be/z0I9kdMAN14

This is one upbeat piece. Heard it often playing through the game Persona 3 Portable. It's one of the music that set the appropriate mood as per the game situation. You'll probably get what I mean if you play the game, but yeah, I won't be able to resist giving spoilers if I talk about it, so yeah, forget it. :D

It's a nice piece though... Listen to it?

McFly - Lies

I love the change in sound from their earlier stuff and the constant beat going on in the background that keeps the song interesting. The chorus in particular is powerful and the constant chant of lies is very effective. The whole production of it has been planned very carefully. Love Tom Fletcher especially singing in this, he sounds so different and brilliant in this than any other song I've heard him in.

10/10

Nightwish - Planet Hell

A friend of mine introduced me to Nightwish, and because of her, I'm a fan lol

Mod Edit: Please put more effort into your posts. One liners are discouraged and this may be deleted next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Song that's been stuck in my head all day: "Heavy In Your Arms"- Florence + The Machine.

Mod Edit: Please put more effort into your posts. One liners are discouraged and this may be deleted next time.

Callin Baton rouge by Garth Brooks,

its amazing song, and damn good song, i give it a 9/10

Thousand Years of Oppression - Amon Amarth

Such an epic band. I feel bad because my buddy was trying to get me into them but I never payed much attention. Then, I see a video on the internet and I can't stop listening to these guys. I mean, it's viking metal. How's that not awesome?

Because The Night - Patti Smith

I saw my cousin listening to the Cascada version earlier and facepalmed. The original is by far superior. Patti Smith has a fantastic voice, and this song is excellent. I can listen to this on repeat for hours and not get bored of it. Love it.

Can we please restrain from the one liners, please? Otherwise, they may be deleted next time. Thank you.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Your Guardian Angel

It's a very beautiful song and the frontman's voice is so tender, yet emotional. I like how it's calm for the vast majority of its duration, only to pick up at the end. The lyrics are quite meaningful to life as well as relationships. It's a sweet little love song and completely adore its hidden meanings.

10/10

The album De-loused in the Comatorium by The Mars Volta

The entire thing is amazing and though you can listen to each song separately it's best to listen to the entire album through in order.It basically tells the story of a guy called Cerpin Taxt who attempts to kill himself by Oding on morphine and poison, he ends up in hospital in a coma and experiences some vivid hallucinations exploring his own psyche and humanity in general. Eventually he wakes up and jumps to his death. It's an incredible album all through and goes from pretty hard alternate rock to much more mellow tunes as well as instrumentals. Televators is my personal favourite and also the one currently playing.

The Calling - Wherever You Go

Such a beautiful song, I originally thought that Nickelback did this since the frontman's voice is very similar. I love the video to it and Drew Fuller being in there makes the song's emotional side even more evidently clear. It sounds like a relationship breaking up or a relationship clinging on. Whatever the case, I can see myself loving this for years to come.

10/10

57 - Biffy Clyro

Oooooooomg, :wacky: Thanks for the link Lewis. I'm in love with this song. xD Ben should sing more! They're a great band, and the break down chorus that the drummer does is fucking AWESOME! I love the lyrics. Omg.

100000/10

Back