[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Heaven-Persona 4 Soundtrack

The song is very soothing, and helps me write my fan-fic. I like the voice of the artist (I forgot her name :( ) and it was a great song for the in-game dungeon of the same name.

Ne-Yo - Beautiful Monster

His best song in ages for sure. The song's too catchy and incredible for me. I'm glad it snatched the #1 spot in the charts last week, it fully deserved to get up there. I love his vocals since they seem to be really strong and the chorus is very smooth.

10/10

~ Shania Twain ~ Man! I Fell Like Woman ~9/10~

Um not usually a country fan, but this song is kinda rock/country so its just totally awesome. Shania doesn't disappoint and her voice is just amazing :x3:. But this is also just a really good song to pump you up if you and your girlfriends are planning on doin some hardcore shenanigans that night. And just to pump you up if your just goin to a party or sumthin lol. But nonetheless this song is just a fucking awesome country song that totally rocks. XD

Glee Cast - Like A Prayer

I like how they've paid homage to Madonna here. It's probably one of the best covers that they've done and is definitely up there with Don't Stop Believin' and Bad Romance. I'm still shocked how high Chris Colfer's can go. I like how some of them get their own solos and showcase their voices. Can definitely feel the emotion in this, it's astounding.

10/10

Space Dementia - Muse

I used to absolutely hate them, then one day I heard Plug-In Baby and fell in love, it's odd considering the reasons I love them are the same as those that made me hate them originally. This particular song is pretty immense on account of the piano and just the way his voice sounds.

We no Speak Americano - Yolanda BeCool and DCUP

Normally I hate dance music of any kind even when out on the town, but this song is something else, catchy beat and there is nothing better than going insane to bop bop Americano

Last edited by a moderator:
Supersonic [Live] - Oasis
I adore the drumming intro to this - both studio and live. It's odd how much Liam's voice changed over the years (this is from Time Flies), but he can still command probably the greatest live performance by just putting his hands behind his back and getting up and singing.

Artist Similou
Song All This Love
Rating 8/10

Not so crazy about the lyrics, but I love the dance beat, especially since its an electronic band. Yay!

Blood Red Shoes - Light it Up

Normally I wouldn't post twice so soon, but I just heard this song for the first time and it's incredible. Not sure how to classify it really kind of indie rock I guess, the guy lead singer is on drums and then there's a girl on guitar.

Space Ship One - Paul Gilbert

One those songs that's easily overlooked but I like it. It's uplifting too which I kinda needed today. The song itself is a little corny but overall it's awesome.

Ke$ha - Take It Off

Just saw this on TV and it's another catchy song, so I've downloaded it. There's a lot of auto-tuning here, but it sounds a little different from her other songs. It sounds witty and dark, just showing she can do much more than her usual stuff. I'm half tempted to buy Animal now I like each song she's released so far. I also like how the song's got a hidden meaning and not taking off all your clothes.

10/10

Tool - 46 and 2

One of the greatest songs ever by Maynard. It's very complex to explain, so I'll leave you to ponder what it means. Every listener takes in something different.. you might think it's angry, angsty music, but it's not. It's music that makes you think.

I've been wallowing in my own confused
And insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in
I wanna feel the changes coming down
I wanna know what I've been hiding in

I wanna feel the change consume me,
Feel the outside turning in
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
Cleansing I've endured within

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me
Soften this old armor
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side
Step into the shadow
Forty six and two are just ahead of me

Song: In Her Drawer
Artist: RX Bandits

Great song from one of my favourite ska/punk bands, RX Bandits. Nice and relaxing in it's own little way.

Christophe Beck - Close Your Eyes

This is such a beautiful piece of work and easily the most recognisable instrumental piece from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It nearly makes me cry each time since it reminds me of Buffy and Angel's doomed relationship. So glad that I downloaded it after all. I'm a big fan of Christophe Beck since his music always strikes a chord in me.

10/10

Kelis - Acapella

It's different to her old sound, but I like where she's heading. It's a catchy song and love the fact that she's incorporated electropop into her music now just like everyone else. But she still retains that strong, powerful voice I remember from a few years ago. It might be no Milkshake song, but it's in a different league of its own.

9/10

Bubbles - Biffy Clyro

:ohoho: I love this song. It's absolutely destroying my throat. :wacky: I shouldn't sing along when I'm sick, but the chorus is so damn catchy... <3 I've been listening to it for quite a few times today, and it's just great. The lyrics are awesome, the last line is rather creepy. :wacky: But the music is great, the vocals are spot on. Everything you'd expect from Biffy Clyro to be great is even better in this song. :ryan:

Public Enemy Vs. Benny Benassi- Bring the Noise (Pump-kin Edit)

10/10 I love my house and this song is as housey as it gets. Benny Benassi is a beast and the bass and lyrics get you movin'. I was surprised a few days ago when I saw they were playing this song @ the beginning of that movie Piranha in 3D (looks lame but fun)...so if you ever see the preview of it with the music starting at the beginning of it...its this song!

Cause We've ended as lovers (live) - Jeff Beck

It's a very very good song. All instrumental and Jeff Beck is sublime, perhaps even beautiful. It's mostly blues and a bit of jazz as well and an almost minute long bass solo. It's ageless and Jeff Beck is easily one of the best guitarists in the world.

The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough

It's a fun song to dance along to. The girls have such beautiful voices and they blend in well together. It's also the official Comic Relief song of 2009, so there's the charity aspect of it as well. I know it's a cover, but I really love this version of the song. The production of it is put together brilliantly and couldn't think of anyone else who could pull this one off.

10/10

Back