[V5] What are you currently listening to?

I.G.Y. - Donald Fagen

One half of Steely Dan and it's from his first solo album I think. It's basically about the optimism of people in the 50's and 60's when there were major pushes to advance science.
IGY (International Geophysical Year) was a scientific project that included "eleven Earth sciences"
I love Fagen's vocals and it's a great blues song. Very catchy IMO.

i'm gone by seasick steve.

i fancied some new bluesy stuff, so i got some of his tunes. its very...raw :hmmm: i like how he plays and theres something strangely...soothing about his voice, especially in this song. good stuff (y)

Seven - Symphony X

My first time hearing it. It's a pretty good song. I've only been aware of this band for a few months and they're already one of my favorites. For me, it don't get much better than progressive metal.

N-Dubz Feat. Mr Hudson - Playing With Fire

This has become quite the catchy song just lately, even though grime's not really my kind of music. I really love the addition of Mr Hudson into the song and it's a shame he's not used as much as you'd usually see with a featured artist. I like Tulisa's voice, it's pretty good. I love the whole concept of it as well with the whole cheating and being the womanising kind.

9/10

Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine

Heard a song of theirs recently and decided to give some of their other songs a listen, this is one of the ones that I really liked. It's not something that I'd be able to listen to constantly but it's a good song.

Brand New Day - Neil Patrick Harris/The Whedon Brothers

It's from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog all the songs from which are pretty excellent, this and Everything you ever are probably the best though. This song in particular is about making a change and taking affirmative action, also I love NPH

Britney Spears - Stronger

I'm in a pre-meltdown mood and I think this is one of the better songs she's produced. I love the fierce emotion she puts in certain parts of this song, including the chorus and the bridge towards the end. It's also quite the role model for those who are in abusive relationships, or at least that's how I'm viewing it right now. Most certainly going to be a song I'll adore in years to come.

10/10

We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quiet Little Voices
I just love his voice. It's got such a unique and nice feel to it. The lyrics are some of my favorite lyrics of all time. I just never heard a song like it. I love the way he goes "quite it little Voi-OI-OI-OI-OI-ces" it's just awesome. :ryan:

Lady GaGa - Alejandro

Like Bad Romance and Telephone, it can be annoying and yet highly addictive to listen to because it's so damn catchy. I don't like the amount of times she says Alejandro, but I guess you can't blame her with whatever message she's trying to get out there. It's a weird song, but there could have been a better single to be released after Telephone such as Monster or especially Dance In The Dark. Still, it's a pretty good song.

8/10

Cher - Just Like Jessie James

Such a great song, it's so powerful and unique. I love Cher's voice in this song it's so beautiful. I love that soft guitar and the way her voice sounds like an echo. She's so talented.

10/10

I'm Taking You Down - Egypt Central

Heard this band whilst watching a KH amv on youtube, downloaded a few songs and then proceeded to get their album, love this band, Guitars and Drums are fantastic and the Vocals are unreal, taking you down is my fav off the album.

9/10

EDIT: youtube sound quality isn't the best

Led Zeppelin - Tangerine

It's my dad's favorite Led Zeppelin song, and it's mine, too. It's got such a soft and tender tone--the lyrics are so bittersweet and touching. Not to mention Jimmy Page's guitar-playing is so beautiful. The lyrics are honest and an emotion lots of people go through.

It's a beautiful song... short and sweet is always the best.

10/10

~Peaches ~ Hit it Hard ~9/10~

This song is so freakin awesome i just want keep listening to it over and over! Its a very sexually song(hence the name lol XD), but its catchy and i know all the words so im not complaining lol. But if you want a good rock/poppish song that is sung by a girl than you should definatley listen to this kickass song and catchy beat ~:x3:~

The Suicide Machines-- "I Hate Everything"

Just rediscovered this fantabulous song from years back, brings back fond memories of the Warped Tour :awesome: Fits my mood right now, it's a good angry song XD The lyrics are a tad explicit but here's the link, I don't feel like typing up a ton of asterisks XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYKc1J_YCo

Artist: Katy Perry
Song: California Gurls
Album: Dunno
Rating: 3/10 for being so generic and having shitty lyrics (represent Cali girls, though), but 8/10 for having such a catchy beat. I love these kinds of dancy, electronic, house beats. Ten points plus for the funky guitar in the background. If the lyrics were different (or not the focus), the beat would be so tight; especially if they did a more house/electronica beat.

Stacey Solomon - Who Wants To Live Forever

A friend gave me two versions of when she sang this on X Factor and am listening to the live final one. She sings this fantastically and there aren't a lot of people that can ever tackle Freddie Mercury. It's amazing how she sounds here and the way she speaks normally. You wouldn't think it, but Stacey's an incredible talent. I do hope she makes her own album someday.

10/10

Fuckin' in the Bushes - Oasis
A weird song by their standards, but I really like it. It took me ages to figure out that it's the song from the last fight in Snatch which makes me like a whole lot more, and even more when I figured out it's about Woodstock.

see if you can spot this one :wacky:

layla (from the unplugged album) by clapton obv

i love the whole album and while i do love the original (derek and the dominos) layla i prefer this one just cause its ace. im also attempting to learn it on the geetar :sad3:

Back