[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Immortal Technique - Poverty of Philosophy

I only just discovered Immortal Technique about an hour ago but he is easily one of the best rappers I've heard in a long time. This particular song is more of a spoken word essay than a rap song but it's actually incredibly interesting to listen to. In this song he details class conflict, criticizes the global economy as well as the American way of life.

Amon Amarth - The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall

I don't have any idea what the Hell they're singing about but all I know is that it sounds awesome. Actually, I think it's the first time I've heard the song. Well, it's still awesome. One of those songs that makes your wanna work out or punch something.

Sugarcult-Pretty Girl

Looooove this song, I've been listening to it all day. I heard it on one of the FMV's I happened across while browsing FF stuff on YouTube today. What I get from it is that its about thinking you are really in love with someone when you are really just obsessing about them...but the other person is just using you. All of the things that the guy does makes her think that he loves her when he really just has bad intentions. Its a song for everyone who has suffered and been used by someone in a relationship. 10/10

Pretty girl is suffering,
while he confesses everything
Pretty soon she'll figure out
what his intentions were about

And that's what you get for falling again
you can never get him outta your head

chorus:
Its the way that he makes you feel
its the way that he kisses you
its the way that he makes you fall in love

She's beautiful as usual
with bruises on her ego and
her killer instinct tells her to
be aware of evil men

Chorus

Pretty girl
Pretty girl
Pretty girl is suffering
while he confesses everthing
pretty soon she'll figure out

its the way that he makes you cry
its the way that he's in your mind
its the way that he makes you fall in love

Its the way that he makes you feel
its the way that he kisses you
its the way that he makes you fall in love, love

Last edited:
Reactions: Six
Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush

It's her most commercial song, imo, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Far from it, it's excellent. Like all Kate Bush songs, it's weird, it's different, but this one is really catchy. There are a few excellent cover versions of this song out there, but the original will always be the best.

Sugarcult-Pretty Girl

Awesome song, that. :ryan:

Boats and Birds - Gregory and the Hawk

I found this on youtube through the whole recommended video thing... I rarely click them but I'm so glad I did. It's a really sweet song, and the girl's voice is so nice. xD It reminds me of a lullaby or something, it's just adorable.

If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky.
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black, and you show off your light,
I live to let you shine.
But you can sky-rocket away from me,
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here, with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by

It's so cute. :sad3:

Faces - Bad 'N' Ruin

I just got the album Long Player by Faces, and holy Batman, I think I actually *get* why some people like Rod Stewart now :lew: I'm not into Baby Jane and all that stuff, but this is some fantastic soulful and bluesy rock 'n' roll with some great guitar and organ/piano courtesy of Ronnie Wood and Ian McLagan.

Madonna - True Blue

I've always loved this song ever since I was a kid. Madonna's early work was amazing and was a true definition of music and what it should be. The lyrics are so sweet and pretty. I just love how beautiful and uplifting the whole song is. It always reminds me of summer, too. It reminds me of when I'd draw on our walkways with chalk while my mom played these kinds of songs and this one is one of my favs.

A True classic.

10/10

Muse-Undisclosed Desires

10/10 Another instant classic for me....I heard it on xm when I was driving home from work. I don't love every muse song but I think this is my fav since Supermassive Black Hole. Its got a really good beat and the usual elaborately done Muse lyrics. If you are a Muse fan and haven't heard this yet, give it a whirl. Dunno if it's "new" or not but ehh. I like it.

Last edited:
Frozen - Celldweller
Switchback randomly started after listening to some Cat Stevens. Nice bit of change of pace there I thought. I tend to phase out for most of the album, but Frozen is definitely a high point for me.

Ain't That Fine - Ray Charles

You know, when I first started listening to Ray, it was because I found an old CD while brushing through my Uncle's drawers when I was a kid. It's funny what a little curiosity will throw your way, huh?

Picture Perfect - Shadows Fall

Kudos to my brother for telling me about this album. Since I have gotten this album, I have listened to this song countless times. Strays a bit away from the traditional Shadows Fall, but it's still awesome.

10/10

DJ Mog-Somewhere

10/10. This song is almost ethereal in beauty, especially at 2:15 where it almost gives me chills. If you like anything dance then please check this out, you will not be disappointed...and sorry for the short post on the song. There's really not much to say about it asides from the fact that its really beautiful.

Last edited:
Come On Come On - Smash Mouth
I haven't listened to Smash Mouth in a long time and I found there Astro Lounge album in my room and I've been listening to it a lot lately. They're a really good band, I love the lyrics for all their songs. Whatever happened to them??? It's like they faded from existence at the start of the new millennium or something..

Enrique Iglesias - I Like It

Well... I like it :dave:
It's different for an Enrique song but I generally like everything he sings. I definitely prefer the solo version to the version featuring Pitbull though. Pitbull's rapping over the top of it gets annoying quickly :hmmm:

Ke$ha - Take It Off

Definitely her best song to date and the video brings it more to life. I swear that she's got a glitter obsession, but I guess people like that sort of thing. The music seems darker than usual and I find it funny she wrote this from going to a drag show. It's very addictive for me right now and I absolutely love the party sound to it.

10/10

The Limousines- Internet Killed the Video Star

10/10. Its very perky and upbeat with lyrics that will stay in your head all day. I've never heard of this group, they must be new for the most part. If you are an MGMT fan you will probably absolutely fall in love with this song, because it sounds like something they might come up with. "Well I'm a horrible dancer I ain't gonna lie, but I'll be damned if that means that I ain't gonna try...Now I'm a shitty romancer baby I ain't gonna lie, but I'll be damned if that means that I ain't gonna try..." :ohshit:

Mr. Brightside (Cover) - Upon Collide (The Killers)

This song has a set of amazing lyrics, and I really like it, I'm just not too fond of the original lead singer's voice. Some people make it sound more emotional, and this cover by Upon Collide is absolutely gorgeous. Really getting hooked on this song lately, it's just getting a lot of feelings down, which really helps with shitty times. Amazing song.

The guy has an amazing voice, and makes the song sound warm yet sad, which I think really suits the lyrics. 10/10.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, letting me go

And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, letting me go

Cause I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

I never...
I never...
I never...
I never...

Beyonce - Why Don't You Love Me

This is yet another fantastic song from the Bootylicious woman. It's slowly growing on me as well. Her vocals are as brilliant as ever and it's an intriguing song since I didn't expect anything like this since hearing the rest of her Sasha Fierce singles so far. The lyrics are pretty effective and the song sounds like it could've come from the 90's.

8/10

Back