[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Be Safe - The Cribs

you know how sometimes it feels like an artist wrote a song just for you? Reminds me of myself back in the day. Maybe even of myself nowdays, sometimes.

Song for Stephen - Antoine Dufour

Just found out about this guy recently and I'm really impressed. He's one of those really dedicated acoustic composers. It's inspiring to hear him play and it's incredibly relaxing.

Cascada - Dangerous

Quite a dark song and that's what I like the most of it. Natalie's fantastic as a vocalist here, showing she can lead up to the big chorus and not have to belt her voice out all the time. I quite like the theme of the song itself and like how it's stuck to the whole Cascada production as opposed to the usual electropop you hear nowadays.

9/10

Unintended - Muse

Simply romantic.

Sounds like an easy enough song to sing and play, thinking about learning it myself.

Uprising - Muse

The Resistance is my favorite Muse album :jess:
This is the song in that Tom Cruise movie, right? I remember first watching that trailer, and when I heard Muse in the background, I just had to look it up. It's so epic, and awesome, and it makes me feel so evil and rebellious. I just love everything about this song and album... Muse forever!

Fly - Blind Guardian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oNE2lT8R4

Now the fun thing here is; follow the lyrics.

Stop, be quiet now
Out with the light and,
Then up and down it goes
Fly, out with the light
There at the door,
The Inspiration I´ve looked for,
The Spirit of the youth appears

No one ever dares to speak
It's nothing else but fantasy
It's make believe, make believe

But One day it all will come to life

Step out of line
And I'll teach you how to fly
The Away we´ll go
Leave your mark, leave your mark in the land of mine

The second one to the right
And then Straight on until morning light

Stop, be quiet now
No irritation
No not the slightest doubt

We go at once
Quick - We better hurry,
There from the road I sense
The end of fun gets near
Wonderful thoughts and imaginations
These dreams will lift you up

What is it like? You ask me, my dear
Will there be fairies, or things to fear
For fairies sake I'd say you better come with me
So soon you´ll see,
Now up and down it goes and round
Round and round and round,

Praise to my cleverness
They all follow me,
All praise to innocence
That's everything it needs,
Fly in,
Fly out,
They leave it all behind

It's make believe,
Make believe
But One day it will all come to life

Step out of line
The Away we´ll go
Leave your mark land of mine
Leave your mark in the land of mine

Life is a map and it is quite confusing
The lights are up now let the play begin
She flies, she flies,
Into the light she flies
No words like "just" in mind
She's finding Neverland
There on the day she dies
Don't stop it now,
She still enjoys the scene
Don't stop it now,
Don't stop it now,
Don't stop it now,
Don't stop it now, now, now

It's make believe,
Make believe
But One day it will all come to life

Step out of line
The Away we´ll go
Leave your mark land of mine
Leave your mark in the land of mine

Yeah, that's right. These guys just made Peter Pan METAL.

Civil Twilight-Letters from the sky

10/10...beautiful song. Amazing lyrics (lyrics from my signature) and they guy who sings this has an awesome voice. I stumbled upon this song driving home from work a couple of days ago. Please listen to it....and get the message from it that you want. I interpret it as either the end of days or loving someone who dies. It also has an awesome ending. <3

Letters to God Part 2 - Angels & Airwaves

I remember listening to Boxcar Racer's Letters To God, wasn't my cup of tea. I like it, but it's not something I'd download and listen to forever. I love this one by Angels & Airwaves because they always add SICK guitar parts in their songs!! ^_^ My only problem with this song is that it's not as emotional as Box car Racer's. But I really like it... I haven't heard the rest of this album, hope it's good :)

A - Punk - Vampire Weekend
I'm listening to their self titled album a bit more lately. I seem to be preferring their more disorganised and raw sound that it has compared to Contra. This song is just nicely upbeat and is a decent summary of what the band is like.

that song was fun to play in GH5 :monster:

Muse - Endlessly

Just going through the discography, I can't sleep. my legs feel strained, my mind is plagued with confusion. It's driving me insane :rage:

Rise Against-Savior

A girl wants to "save" a guy who doesn't want to be saved. I've been there before in a relationship with a guy so I really understand where the meaning is in this song. You really love someone and they have some flaws that you really want them to change, but theres nothing you can do.

Last edited:
Eminem - Without Me

Not heard this for ages and I'm glad I found it on the music channels. The video's hilarious, his are usually fantastic. The song's pretty catchy as well, especially the chorus. I like how the whole theme that music wouldn't be the same without him.

10/10

Ingrid Michaelson- Die Alone

10/10...I forgot how much I loved this song. Her music is definitely not mainstream and I like the simple lyrics with the abscence of a lot of other noise or etc... leading to an emphasis on the lyrics themselves. Its a song about being a bit selfish and I can definitely relate to it.

Last edited:
B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams - Airplanes

Love this song.

I've not listened to too much of Hayley Williams but I really love her in this song.

B.O.B on the other hand sounds like every other rapper that's ever lived.

Together he and Hayley sound awesome but on his own I doubt he'd be that great.

9/10

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

Strangely enough, this song reminds me of secondary school when everyone did whatever they wanted and didn't care about the consequences. I like this more than California Gurls and I love the electric guitar part during the chorus since it gives it more of an umph sound. It's one of those fun and laidback songs that I could listen to on repeat for a while.

10/10

Justboy - Biffy Clyro

Gorgeous song. I love all Biffy's lyrics. They have an amazing talent for writing lyrics that are just gorgeous. To me, their song writing just really stands out from any other band. Along with Jimmy Eat World they're one of the most original bands out there. Even my favourite bands don't have that many original sounding lyrics, but this band just blows me away. Feeds my sucker for lyrics need. :wacky:

This song is absolutely amazing as well, and definitely grew on me fast. After hearing it once or twice, it was soon on repeat for half an hour. :lew:

Amazing band. <3 I dunno what I'd do without music.

Every once in a while I see your face, I'm feeling half the man
Then you cup your hands, you throw me away, I'm under
But then everything beneath me fades, I'm feeling half the man
Then you shut your eyes, you close me away, I'm under

I'm alone with these thoughts of mine, people look and tell me justboy
I don't believe in anything, that's the message in your eyes (in your eyes)
I don't believe in anything, that's the message in your eye

I have tried so hard to leave this place, it leaves me under hand
I want to feel your breath here with me, and kiss you...

I'm alone with these thoughts of mine, people look and tell me justboy
I don't believe in anything, that's the message in your eyes (in your eyes)
I don't believe in anything, that's the message in your eye

I am (hopin), through the (dark clouds), light shall break and bring a bright sky
I am hopin, through the (dark clouds), light shall break and bring a bright sky
I am hopin, through the dark clouds, light shall break and bring a bright sky
Light shall break and bring a bright sky...

Jace Everett - I wanna to Do Bad Things With You (True Blood theme)

I love this song so much. =D

I'm not really into country music but this song goes so well with the T.V. show True Blood.

The guy has such a Southern accent. XD I love listening to him. >.<

Awesome song.

10/10

Eminem feat. Rihanna- Love the way you lie

10/10. I was skeptical of a collabo with both Eminem and Rihanna but this is one awesome song. Though I didn't listen to the original version of this song, but the dance remix, the original is still pretty good. I haven't been very fond of any of Eminem's newer stuff, but I really like this one. Its a sad song, but sometimes in love we suffer...and the song is about suffering through the love.

Last edited:
Jace Everett - I wanna to Do Bad Things With You (True Blood theme)

I love this song so much. =D

I'm not really into country music but this song goes so well with the T.V. show True Blood.

The guy has such a Southern accent. XD I love listening to him. >.<

Awesome song.

10/10

i love playing the solo to that song. :monster:

How low his voice gets is absolutely insane D:

I'm pretty sure I've also heard it in a Real Sex HBO Documentary's ending credits too. It always made me giggle as a child :awesome:

Come Friendly Bombs - Gallows

Good music. Loved the entire album (Orchestra of Wolves). Kudos Johnny boy, bring your ass back here some time god dammit. Haven't really looked at anything else Gallows has come out with, but I always love jamming this album in the car's stereo system.

Back