[V5] What are you currently listening to?

That's What You Get - Paramore

I'm in a complete Paramore mood again lately. For the longest time Biffy Clyro's albums had been on repeat, but now it's Paramore's turn. I'm not even sure what made that change this time, but Paramore is just great. I absolutely love this band, and I'm so glad I found their music when I did. Definitely on my top three list if not my favourite band anymore these days.

Amazing song. I love the little riffs Josh plays in this song, and Hayley's voice complements it really nicely. When the heavier bass sound and drum come in, you just know it's Paramore. :ryan: Such a rocky feel to it, and they stay true to their lyrics. Love this song, love this band, love their sound.

10/10.

McFly - Party Girl

Fantastic comeback for them and the song is so catchy, love how they've made an electrock kind of sound. Their vocals are as good as ever and love the concept of the video, even though vampires are a bit overused nowadays. But it works really well with the song. This is probably my new favourite song.

10/10

Here We Go Again - Paramore

Surprise, surprise xD One of the oldies, but still an amazing song. I love the music in this one, the beat is awesome and the lyrics just hit the melody perfectly. xD I dunno what it is about this song, but I can't get tired of it, it's just a great song. :ryan:

Muse - Time Is Running Out

Probably one of the first Muse songs I listened to besides Supermassive Black Hole. It's quite the catchy song, especially when the chorus kicks in. I did wonder for a while who it was and then realised at the most random moment. It's probably one of the better songs they've done and quite simple, too. Love Matt's vocals, his range is impossibly incredible.

8/10

Sevendust's Unravelling, this is an underrated band. Morgan Rose is a hell of a drummer and this song just kicks ass.

8/10

AND

Ozzy's Let It Die. His album Scream, rocks. period. He is back and this album shows it. The songs are awesome his band did a good job. I am so glad he brought the Keyboard's back- Wakeman does a solid job.

9/10.

Tori Amos- "Cooling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSIty6Reils

I'm not sure I've ever heard a studio version of this song, it's either a rare one or on one of the few albums of hers that I don't own; but this live version is so crystal-clear and chilling that I'm really glad I heard this one first. Definitely one of her best and most earnest songs, sometimes you'll hear her do lots of light-hearted ditties with an occasional sarcastic flavor mixed in, but this song is one of her more introspective, darker masterpieces at the other end of the spectrum, which I think are her best ones really. Very, very nice. 15/10. I would recommend anyone who hasn't heard her material to give her a listen, she is IMO probably the best female recording artist ever to exist, and she is highly underrated.

Savior- Rise Against

Quite an interesting song, in my opinion. I feel I can identify my life and myself in those lyrics. Plus the fact the guitar segments are pretty nice too. This is one of the few songs that I'm going to be listening over and over for the next week or so.

My Heart - Paramore

Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you...
We could sing our own, but what would it be without you...
I am nothing now...
Well this heart it beats, beats for only you... ♪

Paramore is gorgeous, end story. For the sake of explaining this song, it's kinda hard without hearing it. I just love how the band plays it live, so much emotion, and the lyrics are friggin' amazing...

Just the Way You Are -- Bruno Mars

Rating
: 9.5/10

Definitely one of the better "modern" songs out there. The lyrics are just beautiful, and the song itself sounds sincere and honest. Whenever I listen to this song, I suddenly get that feeling of wanting a boyfriend.

Rapture - Blondie

Currently obsessed with Blondie again, and this is one of my new favourite songs. I love the way the band mixes styles in this song, going from typical Blondie-Pop to Rap, it's quite clever, and Debbie Harry has a great voice as always. Not normally a fan of rap, but she pulls it off.

Cousins - Vampire Weekend

Quite a weird song, in my opinion. I went to read the lyrics, and I was like amused by how strange it sounded. It totally didn't make any sense to me. Still trying to figure what it means even right now, but never mind that. I find the guitar in this song quite epic. That's enough to disregard the lyrics, haha :D

Nightwish-Tenth Man Down.

As heard on Mario Paint.

My god I can't believe what a good job this person did with this...

And of course someone else did the entirety of "Through the Fire and the Flames" as well.

Paramore - That's What You Get

In a bit of a Paramore mood just in the past few hours since hearing Final Riot! the live album. I like how it's so rocky and the emotion conveyed in Hayley Williams' voice. I particularly love the bridge right near the end when the music is played down and she sounds like she's going to be let down. Some pretty gripping stuff.

9/10

Ellie Goulding - The End

I'm just cramming a few more Ellie Goulding songs onto my iPod and this was one of them. It's not my favourite from her, but I can't help but love it nonetheless. Her voice is as elegant as ever and it's definitely the thing that makes her stand out the most. In fact, I can probably go through her whole discography multiple times and not get sick of it. :andry:

8/10

Fotografia - Juanes feat. Nelly Furtado

It's an old song, but it's the first time I've heard and it's really ace. :8F:
The beat is addicting, the lyrics are amazing and emotional, and I don't understand it from just listening to it-- so I'm doubly interested in translating it.

:lew:

9/10

Back