[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Hikari - Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack

I don't really know which one this is from, but I do know it's basically the Japanese version of Simple and Clean, and I absolutely love it. :8F:
I think I actually prefer it more, despite not being able to understand the lyrics I really like the way it flows together and seems rather well, seamless. Great song, I also can't stop listening to Pandemonium from the FFIX soundtrack, i've heard that this is basically the Pandemonium theme from FFII but slowed down, but I wouldn't know not having played II. It's still an amazing piece of work nonetheless.

Adore - Paramore

If I let you love me, be the one adored, would you go all the way? Be the one I'm looking for? ♫

I just love the lyrics, they're just... I don't even know, they're amazing. D= It's kinda making me sad, I get over emotional with songs and stuff, but I've STILL got it on repeat. It's my favorite song of the moment. (though that changes often.)

Gold by UVERworld

I need an english translated lyrics of this song badly! Drum beats are off the hook! I like the tune of this song and I like how TAKUYA ∞ sings it. Love this band and I wish I know how to speak Japanese -__-

Isochronic Tunes

Now, I don't know who would be the creator... But nevertheless, these isochronic sounds boasts of the ability to alter the brain frequency to a specific wavelength to help stimulate various effects. In some cases, they even claim to have the ability to raise a person's IQ.

Naturally, how reliable this is, is something I can't actually answer with certainty, since I myself have yet to actually conduct a personal IQ test to see if it is really working... But I do believe it is, so okay, I guess it'll work to some extent because of this little belief. :D

The Saturdays - Missing You

It's a nice pop song and I like the soft touch to the whole production to it. Anyone would've stopped listening after the amount of times I've heard it, but I still like it. The lyrics are dark and catchy. I just generally like the theme of actually missing missing someone. It's unusual and that's what draws me to it.

10/10

^ I love that song, Ami. :ryan: It's absolutely amazing.

Dirt Room - Blue October

I'll be standing by your back door, reaching for the knife in my coat, I'm gonna put it to your throat. ♫

I just love this song. xD It's very... opinionated about people using other people and what you'd like to do to people who use you for things without giving anything back. :wacky: A lot of the descriptions I've read say it's about a record company that sucked the band dry and then they were label-less for a while... not sure though. :hmmm:

Chaos/Cosmos - Dissidia OST

Can't stop listening to these two, I love the differences between them.
Cosmos is somewhat more gentle in its placement and I absolutely adore the guitar in Chaos, they set the mood so well.
There's just something so calming about Cosmos and Chaos just really gets you pumped. xD

They're really the only two songs i've been listening to all day, on repeat. :hmmm:

Cheryl Cole - Promise This

This is such a good song and definitely a notch up from the likes of Fight For This Love. I find it funny how it relates to her nearly dying from malaria. The chorus is quite catchy and it's a very upbeat song. Cheryl might not be the strongest vocally from Girls Aloud, but at least she can hold her own in this one. Shame this didn't get made on 3 Words.

9/10

Isochronic Sounds

Once again. I probably have not much of a life eh? To be listening to such endless droning. However, what I can vouch for, aside from the extreme boredom at some point, is that it really works. So, supposedly, 40Hz frequency is a frequency the brain works at best? Or works at well. Or whatever. I tried one 15-minute long tune that aimed to 'bring the brain to that level'...

And well, I think it works. Yesterday, I had a project discussion, and I felt more analytical, and was actually really productive- even though it was 1am in the morning. -___-

Well, now, with a good 1.5 hours nap, and this 40Hz tune... I'm off to complete work that I must complete.

Gypsy [Extended] - Fleetwood Mac

I still think this is one of the prettiest songs ever written, by any artist. The extended version is about 2 minutes longer, and showcases some fantastic harmonies between the three singers in the band. I love the music throughout, particularly the stunning guitar, and the lyrics really fascinate me. A really strong vocal delivery from Stevie, as well. In my opinion, Gypsy is one of the songs that shows the group firing on all cylinders, and they create magic.

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Heavy Electronica, excellent beats, makes my body and head move...

The Price Of Freedom - Crisis Core OST

I'm on a roll with these OST's recently, and i've half moved onto Crisis Core. XD
It's an amazing theme, and it makes me think of the ending which is just so sad. *sniff* :sad3:

As a musical piece it definitley sets the tone well for the time it's used, one of my all time favourite themes.

Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine

It's been a while since I last heard this song. Fucking cool song, one of my favorite metal bands. Should I give it a 10/10?? No need... I already gave it 5 years ago :lew:

Telephone ~ Charice feat Lea Michele, lady GaGa Cover

I actually like this combination of vocals from these two beautiful, and talented singers. It's true this was on the season premiere of Glee Season 2, but it still is a great cover; love every minute of it.

10/10

Isochronic Sounds

Am I obsessed or what? Not really. Just being diligent in the usage of these tools. It's fast becoming a week since my first usage. I personally feel it's helping... As mentioned previously... Damn. I should go listen to something else.

To Zanarkand

So, this is the one I pick. It's becoming a year since I started learning the piano. Some time back, I learned how to play the Frontier Village Dali Theme from Final Fantasy IX... Slow piece, but I certainly took a while to learn :D This one is somewhat slow too, but oh well. Good luck to me.

Єphemeral;808253 said:
To Zanarkand

So, this is the one I pick. It's becoming a year since I started learning the piano. Some time back, I learned how to play the Frontier Village Dali Theme from Final Fantasy IX... Slow piece, but I certainly took a while to learn :D This one is somewhat slow too, but oh well. Good luck to me.
To Zanarkand is amazing, good luck on learning it. :jess:

Hurricaine - Thirty Seconds to mars

It's been awhile since i've listened to these, and I still think that their new album is one of the better ones in parts. :hmmm:
I didn't like how they included Kayne West (I think it's him, I don't know rappers) in it at first, but he kinda fits with it. I also love the original version with just Jared, it's rather powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kohFGIxr378&feature=fvst

U2's version of Unchained Melody

It's ace, Bono's voice is just.... he doesn't quite have that sound anymore, I love how raw he sounds, it's just such an intense version of the song, the original although I like it, is a tad cheesy, I think this version is just perfect. Love iiiiit

10/10

Toad The Wet Sprocket- "All I Want" 10/10

I can't remember if I've posted about this one yet (probably :lew:) but I've been feeling nostalgic for 90's music lately and this song automatically makes me think of that whole era :ryan: This one is a perfect example of the somewhat more lighthearted, feel-good style of a lot of the popular music back then; even if the lyrics are a bit pensive/introspective, the music itself is fun to hang out, like on a weekend or a road trip going on a drive or something. I know I haven't ever posted the lyrics in any case so here they are:

Nothing's so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you've said neither am I

And the air outside so soft is saying everything
Everything

All I want is to feel this way
To be this close, to feel the same
The evening speaks, I feel it say...

Nothing's so cold
As closing the heart when all we need is to free the soul
But we wouldn't be that brave I know

And the air outside so soft, confessing everything
Everything

And it won't matter now
Whatever happens will be
Though the air speaks of all we'll never be
It won't trouble me

All I want is to feel this way (And it feels so close)
To be this close, to feel the same (Let it take me in)
All I want is to feel this way (Let it hold me so)
The evening speaks, I feel it say... (I can feel it say...)

Loss of me/rose of may -Final Fantasy IX OST

Yep, still overplaying the OST's as you can see, listened to this wonderful number for a few times already along with a few others. XD
This is known as one of those two names I think. 8(
It's a really beautiful piece, it fits Beatrix's character so well and it's one of my favourite character themes going around.

The Who - Eminence Front

10/10

I heard this on the radio today on my way home from work after Pink Floyd and I just can't get it out now. I'm really digging the funky feeling its got. Good stuff.

Back