[V5] What are you currently listening to?

The Saturdays - Higher

Glad to hear it's being released as their next single and with Flo Rida unable to stop them getting to the top spot since he's featuring on it, I hope they get their first number one. This song properly deserves it and it's one of the best pop songs I've heard in a few years that sounds so good. I like how each girl gets their solo and they play that part very well. I may like this more than Missing You, but unsure at the moment. I'll give it a few more listens before deciding.

9/10

Ellie Goulding - Guns And Horses

Here I am, going through some of her songs tonight for some reason. This is one of my personal favourites from her album - in fact it's definitely one of the stand-outs in Lights. I love the lyrics, which sound like they're meant to convey frustration. I love the video for some reason, even though it's odd with the bizarre dancing. :3

9/10

Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
Recently got listening to them properly, after a long time telling myself I really should. I feel disappointed with myself for never giving them a proper chance. Neon Bible is an incredible album that deserves all the praise it gets.

Sunshine on My Shoulders - John Denver.

Done with an especially odd choice of footage as well.

"Almost always...makes me high."
*MOOSE*

THAT part is hilarious, but the rest of it feels...sad.

The Hoosiers - Choices

It's a brilliant comeback song and like how they've moved to electropop. There are times it works fabulously and others where it's not so good, but it's a great song overall. The frontman's voice goes well with the music and the video's pretty entertaining as well. I hope they release more songs like this soon.

9/10

Kelly Clarkson - Because Of You

This is such a beautiful song and full of so much emotion, it's one of my personal favourites from her. I like how she's managed to not only sing and write this, but also relate it to her personal issues from when she was younger. A lot of people can relate to it and I'm one of them, so it's a comforting song. I particularly love the part towards the end when it becomes a rock ballad and it comes to a brilliant climax.

10/10

Miracle - Paramore

Love the lyrics in this song. Paramore sounds as good if not better live, and I'm just youtubing their live versions for this song, and they're just drop dead gorgeous. Perfect song, and Hayley's pitch is flawless.

10/10

Paramore - Misery Business

It was the song that originally got me into the band and still the best in my opinion. Hayley Williams has an extensive vocal range and she uses it to the best of her ability. I like the whole concept to the video, it reflects the song very well. I especially love the rocky chorus and Hayley Williams almost shouting in some parts of the song, it adds a personal touch to it.

10/10

Weezer - Viva La Vida

I have to say, between I'm a Believer, Poker Kids, and this; I'm liking their covers so far.

Between these guys and Northern Kings, SOMEONE needs to cover Never Gonna Give You Up at some point.

For The First Time - The Script

I'm totally obsessed with the song lately, it's got a great instrumental and the vocals are fairly nice too. However, I've got it stuck on repeat cause it has the most brilliantly simple hook in the chorus, I could listen to the "Ooooh oooh oooh ooooh" bit on repeat all day :lew:

"Blue Lips"- Regina Spektor

Mod Edit: Could you try to put some more effort into your post, please? Saying what you're listening to isn't enough. How about saying what you think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Brown Feat. Keri Hilson - Superhuman

It's a slow and relaxing song to hear. I wouldn't expect Chris Brown to make a song like this, but I'm glad he did. I like the addition of Keri Hilson, she gives the song that soft, tender touch. I quite like the video as well, it conveys it a whole lot better than when you originally hear it.

9/10

Fall For You- Secondhand Serenade. I just really like this song for some reason. It is beautiful and it can make you cry reall easy. It makes you think of alot of memories too. I just started listening to it a few weeks ago and I like it. I dont know much other songs by SHS though. 8/10. The song is really sad also :sad3:

The Saturdays - Ego

Still think it's one of their stronger songs and it should've been the lead single for their second album instead of Forever Is Over. I love the whole concept to the song and I was pleasantly surprised with the video that they made. It was nice to finally see an English pop band take on the superhero genre. The chorus is the best part since all the girls combine their voices, but I also love Vanessa's part towards the end before the final chorus.

10/10

Scuttle Buttin' - Stevie Ray Vaughn

One of those songs that just the thought of trying to learn how to play it makes my fingers blister over. I gotta say though, damn it's funky. I say he's the best blues to ever live and that John Mayer can kiss my ass.

Goldfrapp - A&E

It's nearly a few years old now and one of the songs that has been rarely been played recently on my iPod until today. It has a very memorable hook to it and provides a rather dreamy like sensation. It also really gets into my head if I listen to it enough times successively, especially with Alison's natural vocals in there. As for the video, well it is certainly weird, though simple.

9/10

Last edited:
Sublime - Santeria

This is such an amazing band--and an amazing song. His voice and anything he sings sounds like a lullaby. He was the single most talented singer I've ever heard of in my life--and his death is so sad. He would have done so many talented things for the music industry.

Everytime I hear this song I just have to blast it and sing along. It's slow and draws you into its soft beat. The guitar is an amazing touch... makes me think of how many other great songs he would have made if he hadn't died.

10/10

Ghost Under Rocks - Ra Ra Riot

When I'm bored I listen to the radio a lot more than I would normally, so I actually ended up coming across one of their songs (Boy) and looked it up. When I saw who it was by I remembered listening to Dying is Fine quite some time ago and decided to download some of the older songs. This is one of them that caught my attention and I've found myself listening to it a lot lately.

8/10

Tu Guardian - Juanes

10/10

It's one of those beautiful gems of a song that pops up for me once in a while. The vocals are just pure heavenly and the lyrics are equally emotional like other albums in Juanes' album 'Mi Sangre'.

Back