[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Leona Lewis - Better In Time

It came up on my shuffle and I really think this is one of the better songs that seems to be underrated and not listened to much. Her vocals are fantastic as per usual and she can easily switch from low to high keys. It's a nice song to relax to.

9/10

In My Arms - Kylie Minogue (sp?)

I love this song. It's really dancy and fun. She doesn't have the best voice, but then, neither do most singers now days. The beat is fun, and although the lyrics aren't the best, it can be forgiven because the song is. It broke me of my Evita addiction, for the moment at least

9/10

Stainsby Girls - Chris Rea

Brilliant song, vocals and overall melody. Middlesbrough born and bred he's probably one of the best vocalists of that genre out there, and he doesn't need voice warping crap that pop artists nowadays have to sound good. Fantastic tribute to his wife. Epic song.

The Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control

Such an epic song! Not heard this one for AGES. Beth Ditto has such an amazing voice and I first heard it from an advert of Skins. It's the ultimate drunken song and I forgot how incredible it was. Gonna start listening to this more now.

9/10

Oh, score; there's a Now Playing thread. ^ _ ^

"Dance With Devils" - Devil May Cry 2

Easily the worst title of my video game collection (a position that would still occupied by a little disaster called Baroque had it not been for the campfire into which it was thrown; CD's reflect a crazy amount of blue light when exposed to open flame *_*), and the soundtrack really isn't much, but this track, much like the game's wicked box art, belongs to a better game. And its name is not DMC2. :mad:

Anyhow, mainly it is a simple, catchy guitar theme being heard. I fully intended to say that it is typical of the composer's style, using a reference to Dirge of Cerberus, but that was a completely different guy. Don't that burn the pasta. <_<

Lulu & Ronan Keating - We've Got Tonight

Been listening to a lot of Ronan keating songs lately one of my favourite Solo Male Singers, i prefer him as a solo artist rather then with boyzone, Love this version and the Original version by Kenny rogers and sheena easto,

8.5/10

Sugar We're Going Down, by You Me At Six (Fall Out Boy cover)

Same as the original song, this song's gorgeous. Just with an english accent now. :wacky: Still sounds friggin' amazing. Love the band, and they did a great job on covering this song.

9/10.

"H2 Exploration" - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Just woke up, and I need some Jesper Kyd in my life. *_* One of his more addictive little ambient tracks that eases every mental pathway into life. I have occasionally wondered if Kyd is a bit of a minimalist composer, creating simple melodies and making them coexist as he does. His percussion, though, blows that theory to the sky; some of his beats are just ferocious. :mrgreen:

Closer - Nine Inch Nails 10/10

This is that ONE song, THE ONE SONG that no one would ever expect on my playlist, Its so raunchy and dirty and delectable. The chorus is so blunt and straight to the point and I love it "I wanna **** you like an animal, I wanna feel you from the inside" I love it. its just one of those songs, that it would shock my family to know its on my playlist, but to my friends who really no me, its no shock at all. I love the rhythm, the melody, and of course the lyrics, and no matter how provocative the lyrics to it are, I'll always love this song.

Timbaland ft. SoShy and Nelly Furtado- Morning After Dark

I rather liked Timbaland's work so I was looking forward to Shock Value II and while it isn't brilliant, it isn't atrocious either. The first single released is perhaps one of my favourites- the version with Nelly Furtado. The three bring in their own styles and voices. SoShy sings rather well and Nelly is as great as always. Timbaland has done something wacky to his voice to make him sound like I'm choking him or something. But his voice sounds awesome nonetheless.

9/10

Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name Of

So this is apparently the song that is rivalling Joe's single from the Xfactor to be Xmas #1. To sum up the song. Shit. How on earth this is in the charts let alone in contention to be #1 is beyond me. Such a generic rhythm with some guy shouting crap I can't understand. Awful. Truly awful. :ffs:

Bizet: Carmen - Quand Je Vous Aimerai?... L'Amour Est Un Oiseau Rebelle (Habañera) - Maria Callas; Georges Pretre: Paris Opera Orchestra

I've never been overly keen on Carmen as a whole, but this is a classic~
I'm in an opera mood tonight...makes me want to go to London...or sing along. Since the latter is the only viable option at the moment...XD

Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name Of

Such a generic rhythm with some guy shouting crap I can't understand. Awful. Truly awful. :ffs:

Oh God, I was intrigued by what you said and I listened to it myself. You're right. It is absolutely horrendous- a lump of dog turd in the charts. Joe's The Climb (though inferior to Miley Cyrus's version) is much superior than this. Who bothers downloading this just to thwart Simon Cowell? The incomprehensive shouting isn't music- it's just crap!

DO. NOT. WANT. :tongue1:

Running Up The Hill - Kate Bush

I love her work, and this is definitely one of her best songs. I've noticed it's gotten a bit of a revival lately thanks to that (I think) Placebo cover. Well, the original version is far superior. I love the Hounds Of Love album, Kate Bush at her best, in my opinion.

"Safe and Sound" -- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Surprisingly addictive little fusion of Japanese and English rock styles; it was a bit of Enix-assery that those of us residing outside Japan are pretty much forced to download the thing to be at all aware of it. :mad: Kyosuke Himuro has that curious, "bouncing" versatility to the voice with which I have become familiar in the works of Gackt; it seems to be a Japanese preference. His English is barely comprehensible, but the song is frankly more effective if the vocals are treated as just another instrument. Gerard Way, with whom I am not at all familiar, does the song a decent amount of justice; somewhat of the "American" take on voice versatility, presumably.

You people are so so wrong about Rage Against the Machine.

Primary Colours - The Horrors

One of the best albums of the year, a great mix of rock and shoegaze-type music. It's not hugely original but it manages its influences excellently, and has a nicely sinister feel to it in places. One for fans of My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus and Mary Chain.

9/10

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

I listen to this one the most from the latest album. Has a hint of Timberland in it I think and the lyrics are amazing. It kinda sums me up when it comes to relationships. Too scared to let people in due to my past experinces.

Matt Bellamy singing this to me would make me melt rofl. Just pure sex!!

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

And I love RAGTM. That song reminds me of good times moshing out at college XD

Oh God, I was intrigued by what you said and I listened to it myself. You're right. It is absolutely horrendous- a lump of dog turd in the charts. Joe's The Climb (though inferior to Miley Cyrus's version) is much superior than this. Who bothers downloading this just to thwart Simon Cowell? The incomprehensive shouting isn't music- it's just crap!

DO. NOT. WANT. :tongue1:
It's dreadful, what's worse is that it's been out since 2006 :(

David Archuleta - Crazy (Cover)
His voice is brilliant, it really a softness to it, and the cover of this song is brilliant. It's nice to have a different perspective on the song, the original is very powerful whereas this version's quite slow. Kudos to him (y)

"Battle - 1" -- Devil May Cry 3

One of those tracks that I would likely find downright unpleasant, were it not for the sheer amount of stage time it has received in my current (first) playthrough of the game in question. It is mainly the background synth-guitar-percussion waves and those particular moments when the vocalist makes a shift towards making the song more intense that have become ingrained in my psyche. And hell, more than likely I am spamming this song because my mind is in some rare gray zone between floating on tepid swamp water and being hyperactive (I have not stayed awake until 5:00 AM working with a piece of writing for some time; quite satisfying).

Yeah, it pretty much is a brutish, gutteral song, fairly uncharacteristic of my tastes. Lyrics are not terrible, though.

"To take me out, you must fight like a man.
You've yet to prove that you can.
. . .
Taste your blood, taste your face.
Suckle your pride with your hate."

Back