[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Sisters of Avalon - Cyndi Lauper

I don't know why I like this song, but I really do. It doesn't sound like any other Lauper I've heard, it's nothing like Time After Time, but it is catchy like her other stuff. My favorite song by her ever.

It has really neat guitar and awesome vocals, and kind of reminds of a Stevie Nicks song, but only a little. Oh, and for some reason it makes me really happy, and I think it makes great journey music.

Bad Romance - Lady GaGa

I freaking love this song. It's just so fantastically ridiculous. From the Ga ga ooh la la to the chorus, everything about it is ridiculous. And brilliant. I love the deranged vocals on the verses and her normal vocal on the chorus. Wonderful.

Dream Theater - Hell's Kitchen.

An amazingly wierd piece of music, i can't help but love the feeling it projects. A masterpiece by the next generation pink floyd. I do however think that Dream Theater surpasses Pink Floyds musical ability and compositional ability. Man, so bummed i couldnt get to see them live here in New Zealand. A one time only show. FML.

Actually dearie, Blondie never sang that song. xD They were on a hiatus when the Divinyls released it, loads of people just think Blondie did it cause their voices are similar. Great song though. xD

I couldn't remember. That's why I put a slash. XD I thought it was you who told me that it wasn't Blondie. >.<

---

Seether - I've got you under my skin

I've had this song stuck in my head for days. :gonk:

I love it, but I'm scared I'm going to get sick of it if it doesn't get out of my head soon. >.<

Very sad and slow song. Love the lyrics and the beat. His voice is so good in this one. Haven't heard a song of his that I don't like yet.

10/10

Lady GaGa Feat. Beyonce - Telephone

First heard this the other night and I've not stopped really listening to it. It's currently my favourite song along with Ego by The Saturdays. Putting Beyonce in there is genius. GaGa continues to surprise me ALL the time and I'm definitely going to get this requested at my cousin's 21st. I really hope this gets released as a single, I'd love to see what the video turned out to be like!

10/10

'Fur Elise' Bagatelle in A minor - Ludwig van Beethoven

Hm. Thanks to the iPhone, I was introduced to this piece by the wonderful Ludwig van Beethoven. Really, I must have some kind of affinity with this composer. The first song I completely learned was his- 'Ode to Joy'.

And now, this second piece.. Well, not completely yet, but relatively half of it. One of iPhone applications is this.. Uh.. Touch Piano? I forget, but point is, it taught me how to handle 'Fur Elise', for the right hand, and the left.

But the melody was more obvious on the right hand, so I put in more effort in learning that segment. With a bit of dedication here, I learned it, just as quickly as 'Ode to Joy'. Though, it still sounds rather hollow, unless I hold down the pedal throughout.

I'll need the left hand to save the song... Which is why I'm listening to this song now. I took the pains to copy down the score, and I intend to dedicate this entire week, if possible, to learning the whole song completely.

E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable

Such an amazing track, its from the Sherlock Holmes trailer. So dramatic and gives me goosebumps each time I listen to it, just wow!

10000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

It's come up on my shuffle in iTunes, so I thought I'd relive it again lol. One of their best songs and right up there with the likes of Yellow and Clocks. Quite a different sound to their usual one, but they're great performers. I've been to see them twice, once in December last year and last September (a lovely surprise the day after my birthday xD). They do this well live!

9/10

Bossy - Lindsay Lohan

I know what're you thinking. But I love this song. It's not a great example of songwriting, but most pop music isn't. It's catchy,and it has a great beat, and that's enough for me. It's a fun song to listen to,and I have to say that I have honestly always that Lindsay could sing, but she's always had issue. Anyway, it's a great song.

Distance and Time - Alicia Keys

By far and wide the best vocalist currently out there, she controls the music and completely outstrips anyone in the current R&B/Soul industry at the moment imo. She sings in order to portray a message and emotion, not just for the sake of it which is what a fair few people do atm, especially in the pop industry. =|

Song's no exceptions, it has a brilliant rhythm, powerful vocals and a very strong set of lyrics. One of the best songs on her new CD (y)

Lady GaGa - Bad Romance

I hear it's #1 in the midweek charts over here, so I'll be dead chuffed if she gets her THIRD number one over here because it's a ridiculously fantastic song. Her vocals are quite varied, but they're brilliant. I love the whole "ra ra" part the best since it's something entirely new from an artist.

10/10

I listen to country, oldies, and some modern rock and to put it simple I don't care for opera or heavy metal.

[Mod Edit: This thread is about what song you are currently listening to and then telling us what you did or didn't like about it. This is not to tell us about what genres you do or don't care for. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly Clarkson - Don't Let Me Stop You

I'm really glad Kelly returned to these kind of songs that My December was lacking. Her vocals are flawless here and it's nice to see the rock chick back in action. I've heard this plenty of times and haven't tired of it just yet.

9/10

Don't Cry For Me, Argentina- Madonna (From Evita)

I got this soundtrack yesterday, and I love this song from it. It's sung with emotion and sounds really good. The background ocherestra is nice, and I would have to say that it has to be her best vocals I've heard. I've never seen the movie but this makes me want to.

10/10

Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne- Down

I can't stop listening to this song and I'm driving my family crazy just by continuously replaying it. Jay Sean has a brilliant voice and his talent seems rather unrecognised by some reason. The song is just so addictive to listen to and even Lil Wayne makes a good contribution to it despite how irritating I find him.

10/10

I'm on last.fm trying to find some more good mathcore bands. Between the Buried and Me can only get you so far.

Try Rolo Tomassi. Not really one hundred procent mathcore, but two hundred procent awesome. :D

Here, Jethro Tull's Aqualung records has just finished playing. Awesome album, the flute really adds something special to the music. I still have to put the labum cover on my wall somewhere, the sleeve is really cool.

Final Fantasy Opening Theme / Prologue

I was looking at another thread, which directed me to a video that had this piece. Thereafter, I decided that I would reminiscence about the past with this piece on YouTube. Thinking back, it certainly does a fine job of reminding how far Final Fantasy had came, and how long I had been following the series.

That, and it also resupplied passion for myself in learning the piano- though I personally think that my passion for learning it well is still at high. Nevertheless. I can't wait to learn it completely now. XD

Vermilion - Slipknot 10/10

I normally cannot STAND Slipknot. but there is something about this song, and I REALLY like it. I love the melody of it, and for some reason this song reminds me of a friend I haven't seen in a while. I also like the counterpart to it, Vermilion Pt. 2 probably because its on the softer side, and I REALLY like Corey Taylor's softer vocals than the screamy stuff

30 Seconds to Mars - Vox Populi

Its an ok track. The new album does have a few good tracks, but sadly this isnt 1 of them.

5/10

Teeth - Lady GaGa

I love it. It's so bizarre. It reminds me of Tusk on crack, it's brilliant. I love the SHOW ME YOUR TEETH! part, even if it makes me think of a perverted dentist :wacky:

One of her weirdest, but most compelling, songs. It's excellent.

Back