[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Urban Mermaid- Yuna Ito

I can't understand much of what's she is saying, but it's still a really good song. The beat is amazing, and Yuna has such an amazing voice. It really takes alot to make me like a song when I can't understand the langauge but this song and artist are really good at it.

Pokerface - Daughtry (Lady Gaga cover)

I like this cover version, it's nice to hear a male perspective of the song. I think the fact it's slowed down makes it sound better, it doesn't have the gripping feel that the original Lady Gaga version has but I think it's just as good. He's strong vocally, especially in the chorus. I love the way he's done it on the acoustic guitar as well, sounds brilliant.

Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box

indefinitely one of Nirvana's best tracks, despite some of Cobain's lyrics. Saying "I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn Black" is definitely an odd way of telling someone you love them. :wacky:

The Saturdays - Ego

Now THIS is a brilliant song. Finally, one that could take the girls to the number one spot in the charts! They've already missed it twice. This should've definitely been the lead single instead of Forever Is Over the more I've listened to this. Loved the concept of egos and the fact they're superheroes in the video. There's a lot of girl power in here, something I think has been lacking in the industry nowadays. It's certainly been growing on me in the past day or so!

10/10

Nirvana - All Apologies

I've always loved this song, especially when played in a slideshow of family pictures or something... The melody going on there is really nice.

Ke$ha - Tik Tok

I'll admit that I was put off by this at first, but then I decided to try give it another go a few days ago. Now I really, really think this is definitely THE bad girl anthem of 2009. She's not a bad singer and gets to show off a lot in the video. Why is it that her voice reminds me of Amanda from Ugly Betty? xD

9/10

Shakira - Did It Again

I've listened to this for a long while now, but didn't think the video would be so fast either. It's executed brilliantly and according to the song! I haven't tired of this one yet and will continue to rave about it for sometime yet.

10/10

Fall From Grace - Stevie Nicks

I've totally fell in love with this song over the past few days, it's a great rock song. I love the lyrics, and her voice sounds pretty good on this song. I love the anger and passion in her voice during this song, and the chorus is catchy. I can't get it out of my head.

Seize The Day - Avenged Sevenfold

It's been a while since I've went on to listen to this song, but now that I have got my iPhone, I accidentally uncovered this song... And fell in love with it once again. After a long bout of listening to only Classical, a return to a different genre seems to beautify it a lot.

Seether - I've got you Under My Skin

This song is freakin' amazing! He sings it so damn well! =0

It totally inspired me to write my fanfiction again and do a music video to Cloud and Tifa and also Tidus and Yuna.

I simply adore the lyrics, the slow beat of it and the way his voice sounds when he gets towards the end. He gets so into it and you can just feel the emotions. =0

10/10

Blondie/The Divinyls- When I think about you I touch myself

I've had this as my ringtone (and now it's my alarm every morning) for around three years now.

I simply adore this song. It was a tad naughty for her time though. XD

I love how it's sort of subtle. Lovely lyrics and beat.

It always wakes me up in the morning. XD

10/10

Last edited:
Westlife - What About Now

I know it's a cover, but I think it's the best one they've done yet. And come on, they've managed brilliantly without Brian! Their vocals are top notch and it's a very awe-inspiring song. It can make a fully grown man cry.

9/10

Saturday, by Kids In Glass Houses

Omg. This song is currently my new obsession. The sound coming of this band, specially this song is outragious. It's drop dead awesome. xD

I love the tune this song has, and the vocals in the bridge are my definite favourite part of the whole song. It's just got a great message to it, like he's tired, but still upbeat. :ryan: I love it.

♪ I wish I could sleep...
But I'm tied down dirty in these borrowed sheets.
It's been a week...
And I've been singing to my feet, yeah...

But I won't admit defeat til...
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...

For your information,
I love my demons...
Cause they keep me company, yeah...
I've grown to love my new routine.

But on my better days...
Better days, better days...

Consider yourself one of my best friends!
Consider yourself one of my enemies!

I wish I could speak...
We spend the last half hour in the back room...
Celebrating me,
And now I feel a little cheap, yeah...

But I won't admit defeat til,
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...
And it's not one of my better days...
Better days, better days...

Show a little skin and make a million!
Bare a little soul and make a million more!

When I grow up...
Wanna be famous.
When you grow up...
Will you still blame us?

I wish I could sleep...
I've been tied down dirty in these borrowed sheets...
It's been a... BITCH of a week, yeaaaah!
Saturday, saturday, saturday...

Show a little skin and make a million!
Bare a little soul and make a million more! ♫

The Saturdays - Ego

Can't stop listening to this since it's got this electropop kind of feel. I'm quite tempted to get their new album to see what the rest of it sounds like, considering I've heard this and Forever Is Over. The video is better than the first time I saw it and now I really wanna know what the guy's power was! Even without it, I could've easily suspected it was about superheroes. xD

10/10

Crazy Town - Butterfly

I remember listening to this song ages ago in highschool. XD

I like the guys voice. It's different and the music is really relaxing and trippy.

It makes me think of being on an island dancing in the sand or something. XD

Very nice lyrics too. <3

10/10

Blondie/The Divinyls- When I think about you I touch myself

Actually dearie, Blondie never sang that song. xD They were on a hiatus when the Divinyls released it, loads of people just think Blondie did it cause their voices are similar. Great song though. xD

Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z and Alicia Keys

Normally this isn't my type of music, but I love this song. Alicia Keys makes it with that fantastic chorus. It flows really well from Jay-Z to Alicia, but it's the chorus that makes the song, it's brilliant.

Colours said:
Saturday, by Kids In Glass Houses

:wacky:

...For the sake of posting, I switched to another song. :ryan:

Shake Tramp, by Marianas Trench.

Awesome song, very upbeat with a fun message to it. xD

♫ Try a little more, little more, little more. They slap you like a bitch, and you take it like a whore. ♫

:lmao:

Boston Rain Melody - Steve Vai.

Unfortunately it isn't a rainy evening this evening, but when it is, that song really gets me in my special places.

<3

Back