[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Adele - Hometown Glory

I swear she is one of the best soul female singers in the UK right now. She is underrated, I think, and I don't like it. This song is very sad, but so emotional at the same time. I love the way the piano is played and her voice blends in well with it.

10/10

To Zanarkand - .. No idea. Nobuo? Apologies

Well, after Ode To Joy, this should be the next piece I attempt to master. Considering the fact that it is a rather slow song, and the fact that now, I'm able to read the notes with a beginner's proficiency, I'll suppose I'm ready to start on it at least...

Or maybe, the first page of the score, which has all the hands on the right half of the piano... Anyway, I'll take it as it comes.

At Grade 1, the lessons is like... An insult to my intelligence, to be honest... I've to challenge myself more if I'm to improve... So, To Zanarkand....!

Good choice. I can't play piano at all, but I probably would be trying this one as well if I was to learn piano.

And it's Nubuo Uematsu ;-)

I'm currently listening to Real Emotion from the FFX-2 soundtrack. After a night of drinking with friends this suddenly popped up in my head on the waty home. It's really cheesy and way to poppy for my music taste, but at this moment I'm really diggin' it.

VNV Nation - Illusion

This is truly the saddest and most lovely song ever.

I really need to get around to making that music video for it one day.

The guys voice is so genuine and simply lovely. <3

Simply fantastic beat and the lyrics are so well written.

10/10

Some very awesome track called 'The Battle for everyone's souls' or something by some JRPG called Persona 3. I am generally opposed to anything with 'Japanese' and 'Roleplaying' in the same sentince unless it's this or several other obsure titles, is it worth getting?

Mr Hudson - Learning to Live

Definitely one of the better songs on his album, it's different to the usual songs you hear on TV and such like. It has a bit of a weird rhythm but I suppose that's what makes the song what it is. Definitely a strong vocalist though that seems to show in all the songs he does.

Drowning Pool - Enemy.

I only like the song Bodies, but Im giving them a good listen and they are a good decent heavy metal band.

7/10

The Killers- Human

One thing annoyed me in the lyrics: "Are we human, or are we dancer?". That's just nonsense- and it bothered me a few times. It doesn't matter to me now. Brandon Flowers does not stand out from others such as Matt Bellamy, but he can sing very well. The song is by no means spectacular, but nevertheless one to listen to when you're relaxed and calm.

9/10

To Zanarkand

Well, again. When I played it out based on the score I obtained from online sources... I personally have to admit it sounded extremely strange. Almost as if I were playing on a piano that's spoilt or something- which is impossible, especially for a school that uses the piano to conduct lessons.

Nevertheless, I'm watching online tutorials on YouTube to see if it's really that way, or maybe if I can find another score....

.. And I'm definitely going to veer off to learn other Final Fantasy piano pieces.. :D

Can't resist the temptation to learn them as soon as I can.

Lots and lots of metal. Different kinds too. We have Black Sabbath, Mettalica, and Scale the Summit (look them up) all in the same iPod. Then there's Green Day. Basically, I'll listen to anything if I think it sounds good, but most of what I think sounds good consists of Master of Puppets.

Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

Me and Vikki were singing this on MSN earlier :wacky: It's a fantastic song, and the perfect album closer. I love the guitar in this one, and the buildup to the final 2 minutes, which are pure musical bliss. It's one of the best anti-cocaine songs ever xD But I love the passion and anger in it.

Knights Of Cydonia - Muse
10/10

The song that got me into Muse. I love this song.... Its just...epic. Love the vocals in this, the guitar is awesome and love the general sound of it. Plus its MUSE. You can't go wrong with Muse ♥ For some reason I think of Doctor Who when I hear this song too... :hmmm:

To Zanarkand - Nobuo Uematsu

.. Again.

Just managed to download the score to the version that I sought- and figured out the previous score I had was to another version. For now, listening to the video which provided the link to the correct score to check the score with the tune. I suppose it serves as anticipation on my part.

Seeing as I'll be playing the exact same tune in the video when I get down to practising. Of course, I certainly hope I can, one day, manage to play it smoothly without any flaws, but for now, I'll wait patiently for that day to come along.

One of a Kind - Hiroshi Yamaguchi

From the Bayonetta official soundtrack. I've always been a fan of excessively dramatic operatic vocals and classical music. A friend sent me this last night, and I absolutely love it. It makes me even more excited for the game, if the whole soundtrack is like this.

Led Zeppelin - Going to California

Wonder how tomorrow
Could ever follow today.

They had a bunch of live BBC sessions on the radio on the trip back from DC. And they played the very first performance of Stairway to Heaven. Can you imagine being in the crowd as they unveiled that song? :gonk: Needless to say, I've been getting the Led out all night since then.

I had forgotten how awesome Traveling Riverside Blues is/was. Must find and add to playlist.

Paramore - All We Know

They're practically one of the few bands of their genre I even listen to. I unusually like this song because Hayley Williams' vocals are on spot and so is the sound of the electric guitar. There's a nice rhythm here.

9/10

Eyerer & Chopstick - Make My Day

This came on my CD in the car again today.

Haven't listened to it in about a month and I had actually forgotten about it. >_< It's so awesome.

Trippy guy singing a trippy song, whilst some robot dog goes about his day and meets up with a robot dog who is a girl at some night club.

The song actually reminds me of highschool for some reason, even though this song wasn't out four years ago. =/

10/10

Madonna - Miles Away

Heard this a lot when I was on holiday at Turkey in August. I've recently got back into it again and it's definitely got that holiday and/or Spanish feel. It only peaked at around #38 in the UK chart when it was released, but it's a nice song to relax to. Madge's vocals are spot on as usual and love the beat that goes along with it.

9/10

Drowned World/Subsitiue for Love - Madonna

My absolute favorite slow song of all time. The hollow sounding background music and sober vocals make the song have a chilly honest effect. I think that it's Madonna at her best. It's about her struggle with fame, but could easily apply to anyone's struggle.

Rihanna - Russian Roulette

An amazing comeback song from all the crap she's had to put up with. It's a beautiful song, her vocals are better than ever and the music is very eerie, but mesmerising. At the moment, I'm hopelessly hooked on it and will watch the video soon to see if it fits.

10/10

Back