[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Ego - The Saturdays

Blitzes any song that Girls Aloud et al have ever done (y) They're vocally stronger and it definitely shows in this song, the beat is very upbeat but keeps a serious message in the lyrics. Lyrics are also top draw, can't wait to hear more off their new album :)

3OH!3 ft. Katy Perry- STARSTRUKK

I was excited to see Katy Perry again after missing her for months. I honestly thought the 3OH!3 boys would be as annoying as hell, but thankfully, they were very tolerable. Katy does an amazing job in the song, bringing a strong voice and gorgeous looks to it. She really looks fabulous in the video. She saves the song because the boys seem to be only able to shout rather than sing.

8/10

Heartbreaker - GDragon

Was chuffed to absolute bits when I heard that GDragon (Korean pop singer) was having his own solo career. I've loved every release so far, especially Heartbreaker. :3

I Want It All - Queen

Specifically, from the new "Greatest and Best" album. It says "Remastered 2009" in the title, although I honestly can't tell the difference between this version and one of the older ones, asides maybe a slight improvement on the sound quality...which I suppose would be the reason it has that in the title. XD
A lot of the time I listen to classical or symphonic metal. But sometimes I just get in the mood for Queen. Modern rock just does not compare~

Ode To Joy - (Some Famous Musician whose name escapes me? I think it's Beethoven)

This will probably be the exact same piece I'll be practising later for my Piano lesson. The first complete music piece I learned. Its a simple piano piece, but I'm still working to perfect it. That, and to learn the other classical pieces, and one day, game music...!

Ode To Joy - (Some Famous Musician whose name escapes me? I think it's Beethoven)

This will probably be the exact same piece I'll be practising later for my Piano lesson. The first complete music piece I learned. Its a simple piano piece, but I'm still working to perfect it. That, and to learn the other classical pieces, and one day, game music...!

This is also the first complete piece of music that I learned to play on my mouth harp, nice starter.

I'm currently listening to the album Hysterics by Rolo Tomassi. Pretty weird and absurd music, but I guess that's why I like it. Also, it is quite scary how such a little woman can sing so sweet and scream so lous in the same song, gheghe.

Real Emotion - I'm not sure, but it's something from FF X-2

It just appeared as one of the suggested videos in YouTube, which is why I clicked on it.. To be honest, I don't exactly think that it's a great song, but well, I'm more of watching the video when this song plays in X-2 rather than listening to the song itself.

The (extended) soundtrack of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

A buddy added some extra songs and soundclips from the movie, so this soundtrack is actually longer then the movie. It contains a lot of nice classic rock/oldies like Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Big Brother and the Holding Company (with Janis Joplin), Frank Sinatra and my favourite parts of the film.

Definitely 10/10.

Madonna- Human Nature

I love this song to death. It sounds a bit like Erotica, except I can listen to the lyrics without laughing out loud, or being slightly weirded out. Absolutely no regrets about getting this song.

Rating: 10/10

Michael Bublé- Haven't Met you Yet

When it comes to Canadian singers, I know little about them. Which is why I've started with Bublé after listening to this song. It's a gentle yet casual tune that tends to make me smile regularly. Michael has a brilliant natural voice to go with it, and not to mention the effort given into that supermarket video.

10/10

Jay Sean - Lights Off

A bit of an average rhythm to it, nothing special really. I'll say the same about the lyrics as well really, there's nothing really special about them, especially compared to some of his other songs. His voice is pretty strong though, but that seems to be a common trend throughout his songs. Okay song, not good, not bad.

Poker Face - Lady GaGa

I bought the Fame Monster today, and played this song in the car on the way home. I love it. It's definitely the song of 2009. Months on, and I still find it amazing. Normally, I get bored of songs quickly, but I love this song more each time I hear it :jess:

Thin Line - Jurrasic 5.

Anyone thats interested in a hip hop flow beat will love this group. I started getting into this group recently after a friend told me about them. Its got an awesome beat in the background and the lyrics are tight. definitely worth a look.

Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson

I'm watching the video actually. Man that's some choreography. Fully recommend.

[Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate more on your posts in post count sections in future. Anything under two lines is classed as spam. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
To Zanarkand - .. No idea. Nobuo? Apologies

Well, after Ode To Joy, this should be the next piece I attempt to master. Considering the fact that it is a rather slow song, and the fact that now, I'm able to read the notes with a beginner's proficiency, I'll suppose I'm ready to start on it at least...

Or maybe, the first page of the score, which has all the hands on the right half of the piano... Anyway, I'll take it as it comes.

At Grade 1, the lessons is like... An insult to my intelligence, to be honest... I've to challenge myself more if I'm to improve... So, To Zanarkand....!

Sweet Feet, by You Me At Six

Omnomnom. The lyrics... The fucking lyrics to this song. xD One line annoys the shit out of me. 8F 'Cause I can't friggin make out what he says. Lyrics online are being douchebags as well.

I'm almost positive I got them right though. :D

But god I love this band's music. 8F

NEW ALBUM JANUARY 2010!!! x3x3

>.>

Monsoon- Tokio Hotel (English version of the German song Durch den Monsun)

I heard this song only a little while ago, and fell completely in love with it. I've probably listened to it a 209872 times already. I love the lyrics, the slow crescendo from soft, to a bold rock song. It's definitly a good listen. And if you like that, I suggest you listen to the original version as well.

10/10

The Rumour, by You Me At Six.

:ryan:

Music. 10/10.
Vocals. 10/10.

Gorgeous song, amazingly put together. I believe it has two versions, and I love both of them. :D

♪ Well I am the cancer running through your veins...
I am the sweat that's dripping down the side of your face...
I am the pain in the back of your legs,
It makes you fall to you knees it makes you believe.
And I am the headline, that’s going to make front page news...
I am the fashion you’re all into.

We had to try something different...
We had to do something new...
We had to make some heads turn...
We had to put this to you...

I am the rumour on everyone's lips...
I am the curse on your girlfriends hips.
We are the difference so we’ll make a start...
Tell all your friends, oh sound the alarm.

And I am that feeling, that you’ve done something wrong.
I am that friend, who knew all along.
We say we have our best friends yet we stab them in the back.
We try to show some love and, it’s a skill that we lack.
I've had it with this crowd and I am done with this town.
I've had enough of these shows, it's over with you now.

I am the rumour on everyone's lips...
I am the curse on your girlfriends hips.
We are the difference so we’ll make a start...
Tell all your friends, oh sound the alarm.

Hold your hands in, into the air...
Hold your hands up as if you care...
Oh hold on...
Oh Hold...

Hold your hands in, into the air...
Hold your hands up as if you care...

Oh Josh, Shit !

Behind your back they talk about you all the time...
Behind your back they spread some shit and some lies... ♫

Don't Jump- Tokio Hotel ( I really gotta stop listening to these guys!)

This is such an emotional song. It's asking those who are thinkg about suicide to stop thinking about it. Give life another chance. It's a really powerful video too. I suggest listening to it... it's one of those things that you just HAVE to listen too.

10/10

Bad Romance - Lady GaGa

It's the one song that is almost as good as Poker Face. I love the switch between her deranged vocals in the verses and then her sweet vocals in the chorus. It's also ridiculously catchy. Gaga oh la la. Ridiculous, but strangely amazing :wacky:

Back