[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Metallica - Unforgiven III

Rating: 6/10

Bands are getting older, and yea I'm listening to this song.. but meh it doesn't have the same kick to it like older songs. I guess it's just James (the lead singer) I mean lars and the rest are still fine by me. It's just his voice isn't rugged and raw anymore. Oh well here's to Metallica.

Opeth - Blackwater Park cd

It's death metal, but with such beautiful musical passages, melodies and lyrics that even people who don't like screaming vocals/grunts often like Opeth despite of the singing. Haven't listened to this cd in a long time, it was about time. Still one of my favorite bands. :busta:

Jay Sean - War

Easily one of the songs of the year for me, it comfortably destroys "down" in terms of quality. The lyrics are extremely good and hooked me from the off, he has a powerful voice and the rhythm shows raw emotion throughout.

"You know he’s not the man you think he is; he’s hiding all his flaws
So tell me what’s the point of fighting? Because we’ll all end up with scars
But girl if that’s what I must go through, then I’m not prepared to lose
Cause I’ve already bled so much for you"

<3

Such a brilliant song :-)

X-Factor Finalists 2009- You Are Not Alone

With the tremendous popularity of Michael Jackson's work following his death, it is unsurprising that a song of his is chosen to be this year's charity song follow up after last year's amazing Hero. It doesn't sound too bad. On the contrary, it sounds amazing, and most certainly sounding like the finalists were giving out everything they have- even the controversial twins, who don't even cock up anywhere. As much of a fan I was to Michael Jackson, I found this song, as powerful as the theme may be; to be rather weak in terms of appeal. A good cause for hospitals though.

9/10

It's been awhile-Staind

This is the first song i heard by them that got me hooked, although i'm not a fan of all of their songs this one is in my top fave list from them.

Just listening to it reminds me of the past relationships i've fucked up and at one point i wanted to be forgiven but things don't always work that way. But anyway the other songs i like are right here, for you, and a number of others.

Muse - Unnatural Selection

Yes, Im starting to adore The Resistance album the more I listen to it. This song is so Queeny and has a tingle of 80s rock to it. Its Muse, cant fault it :D

9/10

Is This It - The Strokes

Got an absurd amount of hype when it was released, but once you get past all that, it's still a fantastic debut. One of the best albums of the decade, comes storming out of the blocks and doesn't let up.

10/10

Muse: Unnatural Selection

Rawr Muse fer teh win ! :D

[Mod Edit: For future reference please read the original post to see the rules as this post is classed as spam.]:

please be aware that posts such as :

Single Ladies : Beyonce. Love it.

Will be classed as spam and deleted without warning. Please ELABORATE in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muse (again) - United States of Eurasia

Yeah, I cant stop listening to this album. Addictive ^^ Now this one is very Queeny and when you close you eyes you'd swear it was good old Freddie. I love the violins and pianos in this track. Make it so dramatic and poppy at same time.

10/10

Mr. Brightside - The Killers

I hate how people keep telling me, "You know how old that song is?" And I just tell them, "Nope, it's new to me." 2004, really, get over it. I am a huge fan of the Killers again. After I started to really listen to "Mr. Brightside", I've started becoming obsessed with it. ^_^ I've always loved alternative/rock, and this song just goes beyond for me. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it anytime soon.
And for the record, I listen to any songs no matter what year it came out. ;))

10/10!!

DFF - Cosmos

I put this on in Quick Battle and was like, huh? Lyrics? I just fell in love with this song. The male voice gets a little annoying at times, but it's good overall.

I actually haven't been listening to that much music lately, maybe why I'm relying on video game music :hmmm:

9/10

@Shu's video. xDDDD KIDNAP THAT FOOL!

Never Shout Never - Lovers Love Liars Lie

[link]

Whenever I listen to this my mind drifts and I think of retro colors and photography and all the fascinating things I've yet to see. I think of mountains in sepia and the sky. It's a sad love song, but a catchy, unique one.

The clouds rip through the sky like dynamite
To my surprise, it was a beautiful sight
With our hands open wide
And I can't hide the truth as well as you
Singing whoa, singing whoa

Take photographs, take all your memories
We've got some packing to do
We've got some packing to do

Beyonce - Broken-Hearted Girl

This is going to be one of her classics in the future. Personally, I think the song is about inner fears in a relatioship and it really appeals to me. It's got a nice little beat and has been slowly growing on me the past few weeks. A definite hit.

10/10

Save It For The Bedroom, by You Me At Six

Omnom. Gorgeous band with a gorgeous sound. I love their music as stated plenty of times. 8F The upbeat rhythm in this one really makes for a good song, and the lyrics... Ahh....

Such a great song.

♫ So who's keeping scores, on who is a whore?

Save for, save it for the bedroom!
Save for, sa-sa-sa-save it fooooooooor!! ♪

8F !!!! @ 2.46minutes in !!!! 8F WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE SONG. 8F

Miley Cyrus - See You Again

I love this song. :gonk:

The lyrics and beat are just so fun to dance along too!

I got in the car last night, not remembering that I had it on full blast before I got home earlier that day. And the part that said, 'The last time I freaked out,' came on full blast and really did freak me out. XD

Awesome song and I think the only one I actually like of hers.

10/10

Guns N' Roses - November Rain

Over the last four or so years I've made it a tradition of mine to listen to this song whenever it rains in November. Right now there is a mild thunder storm outside. It is quite welcome here since my state just experienced the longest heat wave in Australian history that has taken place in November. Oh... and the actual song is good and shit.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires.

Fucking love this song. Its sounds liek Justin Timberland at the start, then gets all Musey. Would love Matt to sing this to me lol :D

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Boa - Every Heart

This song has such an adorable sound, I love it. The middle reminds me of FFX-2 ^_^ I bet you can guess where I heard it -_-

10/10

Green Day - 21 Guns

I've been really hooked on this song as of lately. It's amazing for promoting anti-war purposes, which I definitely support. The lyrics are very meaningful, particularly for a breakup as well.

10/10

Taio Cruz- Break your Heart

I love his songs and I love the fact that he puts the effort into writing his own songs. His talent paid off and he gained No.1 with this song. OK, summer is dead and buried, but that doesn't stop me from playing this song over and over again. Taio sings it professionally, effortlessly and nearly flawlessly- even in the vicious high note in the chorus. Listening to it makes me think of the summer again. Time to book my next vacation then!

10/10

Back