[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Alexandria Burke ft. Flo Rida- Bad Boys

After a little discussion about girls liking bad boys in a thread last night, I began listening to this song again. I may or may not have mentioned it here already, so forgive me if I have. As I expected from an X Factor winner, Alexandria's voice is very strong and sassy, and the song is a departure from Hallulejah, yet very catching and addictive to listen to. Flo Rida's rapping makes a rather great entry. Unlike most raps, I actually liked the short burst of it here. I think Flo Rida is indeed an excellent rapper.

10/10

Gossip - Standing in the way of control

Love this song soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and I adore Beth Ditto, even though she looks like my ex's ex!! Its just an upbeaty crazy song and its one of mt all time favs.

10/10

Black Eyed Peas- Where is the Love?

I'm going all the way back to 2003 now. After watching a segment on the Black Eyed Peas over the years, I thought I'll go back to their older songs. This is my personal favourite, and it's not just because Justin Timberlake lends his voice in the chorus as well. It's a surprisingly touching song with moral questionings. You don't expect that from the hip hop band today anymore. The rapping is strong and excellently done, especially Will.I.Am as usual. I wonder why Fergie hardly gets a part though. Speaking of Fergie- she looks strange now as a blonde. I know blonde was natural to her, but I got used to brunette Fergie.

10/10

Destiny's Child - Say My Name

I forgot what such a classic this was and now have grown quite fond of it again, thanks to Mark. It's one of those brilliant songs they did when they were together and the vocals are spot on!

9/10

everything from the 90s was the shit, even my girlfriend that was two times older than me and cheated on a guy with me, total bitchin' bitch :neomon:

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

There's just something sexy about this song. Of course, there's Bellamy himself, but that's not it. Just that line Please me... Show me HOW its duuuuhhhhn sounds so hot :monster:

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

There's just something sexy about this song. Of course, there's Bellamy himself, but that's not it. Just that line Please me... Show me HOW its duuuuhhhhn sounds so hot :monster:

Same.

You should have heard it live mate :gonk: Awesomeness, I almost wet myself

Anyway 10/10 It's even more epic than I thought it was originally after the concert it's so fucking awesome, I agree with that line as well 'teeeeeease me, you are the one'' Phwooooooooar

Death Cab For Cutie - Meet Me On The Equinox

I can't help, but love it every time I hear this. It's a definite theme for New Moon and the lyrics are very meaningful to Bella when she's mourning the split up. When the "everything ends" is sang, I get shivers down my spine. The video's well played out, too. The frontman's got a good voice as well, so I'll be checking out their other stuff soon!

10/10

Katherine Jenkins - Bring Me To Life

Beautiful cover. She definitely shows what a brilliant singer she is. If you like the upbeat original version it's probably not a cover for you, but in terms of vocals it's pitch perfect. She hangs the long and high notes really well. Overall it's just a fantastic cover, definitely worth the listen if you're a fan of hers.

Plays Pretty For Baby, by Saosin.

An amazing song. It just has a fun beat to it, and even though they're considered to most as a 'screamo' band, I wouldn't call it that. :hmmm:

Anyways, nice beat, nice vocals, just a cheerful song overal. xD Love it.

♪ I hear! The exclamation point!!
Woah! Your eyes are so there! They're greener!
Your eyes are so there! They're meaner! ♫

Jade Ewen- It's My Time

For those unaware, this was the song representing Britain in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. Jade did well at 5th place. With the lady in the Sugababes, I thought I'll go back to this song. I have high respect for Andrew Lloyd Webber and I commend him greatly for this song. Jade sings it professionally and masterfully, really showing what her voice is capable of. Unfortunately, I don't find it as interesting to listen to as My Man. It's fantastically written but lacks something.

8/10

Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest

I haven't heard this for a while and just saw it on Scuzz now. The video is quite visually dynamic and fits the lyrics. Chester's got such a brilliant song, I almost always fall in love with any new song that the band produces.

10/10

Britney Spears- 3

After Lily Allen's 22, we have Britney's 3. I'm still trying to work out why this song got a number 1 in the good old USA. I think Britney's songs are becoming rather poor in comparison to her earlier classics like Oops I Did It Again and Toxic. It's not really bad, but rather an average entry. It's better than the appalling Radar anyhow.

6/10

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

I'm hooked on Leona right now if you didn't notice, haha. Even though there was A Moment Like This before this, I feel that Bleeding Love is THE debut song that set her career off. She does the high notes so effortlessly and I really, really hope I can get tickets in two weeks to her tour next year!

10/10

Kate Nash - Babooshka

Songs older then me, but damnit its such a classic 80s piece of crazy 80s chick rock!! Its one of those songs that reminds me of the mad videos I use to watch as a kid such as Last Unicorn and Labyrith. Cant describe it, but I get a right nostaglia trip with it lol!

10/10

Ran across today at work, I about died laughing with 3 people looking at me.

Reactions: Six
@ post above: ROOOOOFL. "Fiyaaaaaaar". Oh shit. xD

AHEM!

You've Made Your Bed (So Sleep In It), by You Me At Six.

Amazing song by an amazing band.

I love the little guitar rhythm in this one. It's a good one. Josh's voice is great as usual.

I just love this band for all of their works really. Instruments, vocals, they have the "Oh I like that!" sound to it, if you ask me. :ryan:

♪ The back seat of your best friend's car, well...
We were on to, something here... ♫

Untouched - The Veronicas

Epic song is epic. It's also far too addictive, I mean it's quite easy to walk down the street going: "I'll see you through the loneliness of wanting more a-more more
Don't even think about what's right or wrong, or wrong or right" the vocals are fabulous and I love the violin playing, it's a really epic and addictive song!
Gasp.png

United States of Eurasia 10/10

I dont know why people dont like this all that much I think it's awesome 8F Its fucking epic to bellow along to liiiiiiiiiiive as well. It's such an epic tune 8F I love the Queen feel to it as well, seeing as I like Queen is probably why I like it so much actually xD

Leona Lewis - My Hands

I'm only really listening to it because it's FFXIII' Theme Song, it's a very powerful song as you expect from her but in terms of suiting FFXIII it was a poor choice. It was never designed to suit FFXIII so should never have been picked to be so. In terms of the song though, it's definitely one of her better ones.

Back