[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Soundgarden - Room at thousand years wide

Kick ass song, Classic rock for the win. You gotta love Chris Cornell's old stuff... his new stuff really sucks.

Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway

It's taken a while for this to grow on me, but now it finally has. There's something really addictive about Fergie's vocals and the lyrics she sings that I can't shake out of my head. But the other guys in the group are brilliant, too. It may have been the fact that they performed this on X Factor last week that makes me like this more. I really feel for Fergie for some unknown reason she says, "I can't go any further than this".

10/10

Pixie Lott- Boys & Girls

It took me a long time to like this song, but I finally got there once I was subjected to sampling of tracks from Pixie's (Victoria Lott apparently is her name) Turn it Up album. At first I found the chorus tedious in comparison with other songs such as Mama Do and Without You. It was only after about 50 listenings that it grows on me. I particularly liked the bit at the bridge of the song- "Turn it on, make it strong, a good beat never hurt no one". I don't know why- I just enjoy listening to it.

9/10

Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love

It gets better every time I listen to this, or at least it does for me! I find myself analysing the video in more detail now and like it better than before. Her vocals aren't too bad now since I've heard it a million times and could've been a whole lot worse. I'm completely in in love with the leather and spikes she wears in the video, though! :wacky:

10/10

Britney Spears - Shadow

I'm really into Britney lately. XD

I've always loved her music and this song is just so sad. =0 Lovely lyrics and the music is just so gentle.

Despite her issues she is still one of my favourite artists and has been for nearly nine years now.

10/10

My Hands - Leona Lewis

I love this song, I just think it's really powerful and it shows off her vocals. I liked it before it was announced as the theme song of FFXIII too :lew: I'm very interested to see how they incorporate it into the game too, since I think it's a wonderful song :jess:

Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart

Fantastic song. Clearly shows why she's one of the best solo artists currently going. Extremely powerful voice, lyrics are fantastic as per from her and the rhythm of the song is brilliant. Can't wait to hear more songs like this from her. :ryan:

Ran across today at work, I about died laughing with 3 people looking at me.

Oh God, I nearly wet myself rofl. Genius!!

At the mo:

Champion - No Heaven

Its from Borderlands OST and its such a coolio dance track. I usually hate dance music, but this is a good un :kelly:

Sayuri Sugawara- Kimi Ga Iru Kara

I've only liked a small handful of Japanese artists. Psychic Lover, Kumi Koda and Aya Kamiki being a few. Sayuri will probably join this club too. I'm now listening to this song because I know it fits with Final Fantasy XIII much better than Leona Lewis' My Hands. What I love about this song is that it is the type of song that is very memorable to me. I find myself humming to it without knowing. Despite my lack of Japanese knowledge, the lack of understanding of the lyrics does not stop me from enjoying the tune and how soulful it is sung.

10/10

Last edited:
Metallica - Unforgiven III

I simply love this song the most off their new album. I love the length and the lyrics are really catchy.

Fantastic instrumental and I especially love the first part before they actually start singing. I swear there is like a minute of it before any lyrics start up.

10/10

Paramore - Decode

Since I watched Twilight tonight, I've been hooked on this song again. The lyrics are very meaningful, much more than they were before. I think it could apply to anyone trying to unravel the mystery of someone and trying to figure them out. There couldn't have been a better lead song for the film than this!

10/10

Utada Hikaru - Passion

Such a sweet and relaxing song to listen to. I love the paino and the fantasy like feel it has to it. The lyrics are lovely and her voice is simply breathtaking.

She has to be my favourite Japanese artist by far.

I was thinking about Kingdom Hearts and just had to listen to this again. >_<

10/10

Eternal Love (2nd FFXIII Theme) - Sugawara Sayuri

It's only a 44s clip so there's not too much that can be taken from it, but either way there 2nd theme song is better than our 1st. It has a Final Fantasy feel to it and the general rhythm has the Final Fantasy feel. Hopefully the full version will be out soon >.>

The Virgin Suicides soundtrack by Air.

I was in the mood for some mellow, relaxed music and Air makes some really nice (mostly electronic) music. This particular album is also the soundtrack to the movie 'The Virgin Suicides' which is, just like the album, a nice recommendation for a lazy sunday afternoon.

Nelly Furtado- Manos Al Aire

When I heard that her new album is in Spanish, that got me interested in hearing her long awaited new material. I have no idea what the song title means or what the lyrics mean because I don't know any Spanish except for hello and thank you. That doesn't stop me from liking the song. I've grown to it ever since I first came across it on Youtube. I won't score it yet because I've only heard it a few times.

A Forest, by The Cure.

:hmmm: I just came from Shu's "Your Favourite Instrument" thread.

This song has everything captured so nicely...

Guitar comes in amazingly... Followed by a nice beat from the drums, and then the bass kicks in... :ryan: And to put the cherry on top of everything, Robert Smith's vocals... :ryan:

My dear god, the majority of amazing songs this band has... OMNOMNOM....

20/10

The Last of the Shadow Puppets - Age of the Understatement

Im not a huge fan cause Im not an Artic Monkeys fan, but I love this track cause its reminds me of Muse's Knights of Cydonia lol. The whole cheesy western theme is awesome.

10/10

Take A Drink, by Quietdrive.

OMFG x3 My friend just sent me this song again! I haven't heard this in ages! I completely forgot about it when my old computer had died and I lost all my music! I adore this song!! I can't believe I forgot it! x3

The lyrics are amazing! Such an in-your-face song. :lmao: OMG.

I'm completely hypered up hearing this again. Tis gonna be on repeat for the rest of the night! 8F

♪ I never want to be part of the herd, I guess I was in case you haven’t heard.
Maybe you can tell that I can’t stand, the way I want to be the included
I always want to be a mystery, I always knew that two and two made three.
I wish away the time I’m living in, I never wanna see the smile again.

It’s not for sure,
And I’m feeling,
Like it’s not for sure,
Come on and take a drink with me!
Whoaaa whoaaa!
I don’t think you can cope with it!
I don’t think you can handle it!
Whoaaa whoaaa!
Forgive my own forgetfulness!
And take a drink with me!

I wanted to be two, but more than one, I only thought that I could be so dumb.
Crush my heart with your new heels. I would beg for you, but I don’t kneel.
I understand that you were living there, it never bothered me that I don’t care.
I wonder if I’ll act on my impulse, I wonder if I’ll leave if you say go!

Whoaaa Whoaaa!
I don’t think you can cope with it!
So take a drink with me!

I never want to be part of the herd... I guess I was in case you haven’t heard...
I wanna spend some time to make you see...
So why not come and take a drink with me? ♫

Nelly - Ride With Me

I just finished watching Scary Movie 2 and this was playing in the credits.

I used to love this song when I was younger. XD Not so much a fan of his now, but the lyrics aren't too bad and it's kind of chillaxing kinda music.

8/10

Carter Burwell - Bella's Lullaby

Since I've got back into my Twilight mood again, I've been listening to the soundtrack all over again and this song has randomly popped up in my iTunes on shuffle. It's such a beautiful piece of music that I think I'm going to try and play this on a piano or recorder (whichever I can get xD). Makes me want to record my own lullaby!

10/10

Back