[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Sing Sing Sing With A Swing - Louis Prima

Thanks to the movie, 'Swing Girls'. This tune was played at the concert the girls held at the end of the show. It was also my favourite tune in the entire show, hence, I'm listening to it. Originally not so much a fan of Jazz, but now that the show introduced me to it, I suppose getting into the beat is a breeze from here on.

Muse - Time Is Running Out.

Now, I know everyone here love Muse. I am also one of these Muse - stalkers, Id go gay for Matt B

But all in all a really lovely song, lyrics are creative (as always with muse).
Just a bit of Pure Genious!

Versailles - Noble ~The Vampires' Chronicle~ cd. This music (and band) is something between kitsch and heavy metal, with really catchy guitar riffs and solo's on top of that. I can't really make out what the guy is singing however, I don't understand Japanese and his English pronunciation is really really poor. :P

Unintended - Muse
Definitely the best song from Showbiz, probably one of their best. The video for it is pretty awesome too. I wish they'd go back to this kind of stuff.

Faithfully - Journey

I really like this song, it has a calming atmosphere to it :ryan: The rhythms good though I think it's to keep the song progressing more than anything since the vocals stand out by a country mile in comparison. The vocals are extremely strong and the lyrics are good even if they do feel a bit corny 8F

Park Bom - YOU AND I

This is such a sad song, but her voice is unbelivably good for being a Korean Singer and a member of the group 2ne1.
The song itself is about someone she cherished, she loved and then later died.
It's such a sweet and sad song that I just can't stop listening to it. Which I have been doing since I woke up around 4am and then again woke up at 10am.

"You and I together. It's just feels so right
Even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you
You and I together, don't ever let go of my hands
even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you."​
:inlove:

Bush - 40 miles from the sun

Amazing song, been so long since I've actually listened to it. Great band, sorry it had to go the way of the Do Do bird.

One Armed Scissor - At The Drive In

Very nice band indeed if you're into alt.rock or hardcore.

Cheers~

Mod's Edit: Could you please expand on your post? What is it about the band that makes you listen to their stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles Mingus - II B.S.

After recommending it in the jazz thread yesterday, I remember I should listen to this stuff more often. II B.S. is one of my fave jazz songs. Best moment: the drums around 2:20, oooooh yeah!

Turn It Off, by Paramore.

Amazing song. =/ For some reason I come back to this song lately when I feel messed up or just having a bad mood. It's an upbeat song but it's a great lyrical story.

♫ I wanna know what it'd be like,
To find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light.
I'll turn it off, in all my spite,
In all my spite, I'll turn it off...

And the worst part is,
Before it gets any better we're headed for a cliff.
Than in the free fall I, will realize,
I'm better off, when I hit the bottom... ♪

One Day Like This - Elbow
A very good song from an overrated album. I love how melodic it is, and the orchestral finish gives it a pretty epic ending.

Electric Worry by Clutch

This has become one of my all time favs. Its from the Left 4 Dead 2 trailers and its just awesome. I guess you would call them a rock country band? Im not sure to be honest, but they do rock XD

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald- Gordon Lightfoot
This song is probably the one that makes me feel sad the most. It's kind of haunting, what the song was written about.

"Father & Son" -- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Another place where Gregson-Williams contrasts his enormous orchestra with that lone acoustic guitar. He also does it in "Old Snake" . . . Works wonderfully in this case; one of the most emotional things on the soundtrack ("Here's To You" would join this category, if only those vocals didn't cross the border into sappiness so stubbornly :gonk:). Triumph, as well, is a mood of this piece, which I suppose goes to contrast "Old Snake" on purpose . . .

Leona Lewis - I See You

I only saw the last 30 seconds of this when it randomly popped up whilst flicking through music channels and HAD to see the full music video on YouTube. I'm listening to it again now because it's one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard in my life. It's actually encouraging me to go and see Avatar now more than ever. Leona's vocals are incredible, especially towards the last minute or so when the song's pulled together. It gets full marks from me! :jess:

10/10

Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
One of my favourite songs by them. I remember back when it was released, and I really didn't like it because I loved Wonderwall so much, but over the years I think this has far surpassed it. Noel doesn't sing many songs for them, but when he does they always seem to be fantastic.

Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch

I love this song. Its beat is amazing. I love the sound of the fast drum and the low guitar. Both the sounds just pulls you in deeper to the song.
His voice is cool too. People might find his voice weird, but it's unique, odd, but unique. The thing I love most is the drums and the guitar, though. They're sick.

Can't really explain the lyrics, though. I just know I like them.:ryan:

Nicki Minaj - Go Hard

I thought that she was a trashy female rapper till I heard this rap. She actually sounds hot and good in this.

Coffee & TV - Blur
One of my favourite music videos of all time go with this song, even though it's just because of the novelty. I think there are some really good lyrics it, and even though the main guitar line isn't something special, it all works well together.

Back