[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Allegro, by Johann Sebastian Bach

Holy hell, that just blew my mind. :wacky: That would be a less frighteningly huge field of possibility if the instrument were known, at least.

"H2 Exploration" - Hitman: Silent Assassin

Was never absolutely certain what the "H2" in this soundtrack's title's was intended to signify, but probably it is just the obvious "Hitman 2" reference . . . In any case, this is Jesper Kyd exercising his penchant for electronic-orchestral fusion, probably favouring the former. One of the most relaxing tracks possible, in my mind. ^ _ ^

RIP Jimmy

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Just thought I should post a song in tribute to such an amazing drummer such as Jimmy was. He'll definitely be missed. It's hard to find such an amazing drummer like how he was.

I've loved A7x and the guitaring and drummer were my favorite about the band. Now that Jimmy's gone, I have no idea how the band will go on without him. He was truly amazing.

RIP, Rev.

The Saturdays - Ego

I'm really pleased to see this getting played more on TV and radio. Heard the Jason Nevins remix last night and makes me appreciate the original version even more, although I do like both versions. Sounds like the kind of song I'd sing to an ex-boyfriend or an idiot of a guy friend that was full of himself.

10/10

Enter Shikari's Cover of fathless's song Insomnia

Its a very creative cover
the original has a Skinny black man just him and a Synth singing about insomnia
while enter shikari incorporated that synth with Screaming, Guitars, Bass and Drums
not there best job but a good effort non the less
7.5/10

Last edited:
"Closing Time" - Leonard Cohen

4:00 AM, and I am feeling an apathy so intense that it almost breaks the boundary of word's definition. Mind is wandering, but is snagging on the lyrics "I just don't care what happens next / Looks like freedom, but it feels like death / It's something in between, I guess / It's closing time". Perhaps it is advice worth taking: close down for the night, since my mind is not alert enough to handle even the grimmer thoughts of the hour. Ten-four, Leonard.

Muse - Uprising

A great song if I say so myself. It's only the second song I've heard from after Supermassive Black Hole. The combination of their vocals and music is very addictive. The lyrics are quite meaningful, too. It's enough to get me hooked at the moment.

9/10

Muse- Undisclosed Desires

I was just listening to Muse on the way back home and I'm really loving the band so far. This song is one of my favourites. I love the brief instrumental at the beginning and it really prepares you for the song. It is rather addictive to listen to over again- and that's what Muse is good at doing. Matt as ever, puts in some brilliant vocals in combination with the tune. You can't not like Matt Bellamy- I'm really loving that guy. His performance on the Christmas Top of the Pops special was amazing and dynamic as well.

10/10

The Bloodhound Gang - I hope you die

I simply love this song. It's so funny if you actually listen to what they're saying. XD

It has a little story and it all comes together so nicely in the end.

They're easily one of my favourite bands for the humour side of things.

10/10

Still Alive by Lisa Miscovsky

I was playing Mirror's Edge today, and the theme just stuck in my head all day. So I figured, why not listen to the original song? It really is an incredible song, I think it'll take me a while to get sick of it. I love female vocalists like Lisa Miscovsky, such a strong yet gentle voice. Even though the lyrics are very repetitive, I like them a lot. It's a step away from the typical sex & partying based lyrics you hear nowadays. I just wish there wasn't that hint of love mixed in, such as "your concrete heart isn't beating" and "I'm here to rescue you". But that's just me being bitter.

I haven't been listening to music at all lately, so I barely know what I like anymore. I really do need to get back into some newer music. It's proving difficult, because I really despise pop music and most bands drive me up the wall.

9/10

Last edited:
Timbaland Feat. Nelly Furtado & SoShy - Morning After Dark

It's not a bad song, but I still think the likes of The Way I Are is better than this. Timbaland kinda freaks me out with the way he widens his eyes in the video, I think it's completely unnecessary. It's more off-putting, if you know what I mean. The best part I probably like is Nelly Furtado since she always make any song she sings really great. For some reason, I just don't think SoShy is meant for this kind of music. >_>

8/10

The Lonely Island - I Jizzed In My Pants

I simply love this song. XD

The Hot Rod guys are freakin' awesome!

'Don't tell your friends or I'll say you're a slut,
Plus it's your fault, you were rubbing my butt.'

They sing decently and they really pull it off nicely. The film clip is just hilarious! XD

10/10

Daniel - Bat For Lashes

I really like this song, I downloaded their discography yesterday cause I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I love how this song sounds, it's so ethereal and mystical that it could almost be a lost Stevie Nicks song from the 80s xD I love the beat of the song and the lyrics are catchy. I love her vocals on this song too, shame it didn't chart higher.

Muse - Uprising

A great song if I say so myself.
Because you had such a big hand in the production of it?

Dead Star - Muse
One of their best, and sadly less known tracks. It's one of the last songs from their older style, before Absolution and I'd really like to see them go back to making songs like this.

Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind

I don't normally listen to Jay-Z, but there's something about this song that makes me want to listen to it a lot lately. It might be since I like Alicia Keys. Love how she plays the piano along to the beat of the song.

9/10

Ke$ha - Tik Tok

Still haven't tired of this song yet. Her vocals are weird in some places, but I like an odd voice here and there. Since I downloaded it again since my last one suddenly stopped working, it's become one of my favourite songs one more. I hope she releases some more stuff like this soon!

10/10

Symphony no 5, Beethoven.

A man finds his music heroically powerful.

Mod's Edit: Could you please elaborate on your post? One-liners are considered to have very little effort and can be classified as spam. Thank you. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Westlife - What About Now

They're known for doing covers, but I think this is their best yet. I've been listening to these guys since they first started around ten years ago and their music's better the further they progress. I prefer this version of the song to the original one because it just seems suited better to Westlife. Their vocals are amazing and it's a very uplifting song when you're in a bad mood.

10/10

Bright Soul - Jersey Budd
Almost some shameless self-promotion. He's an "up-and-coming" new artist. This is the only song I've listened to of his, because I worked on the music video for it, which is due to be released in a month or so. Hopefully it gets my name out there, although I'm not really expecting big things from it.

Back