[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

I'm back into listening their material now for a bit, especially their newer stuff. This song brings back a lot of memories over the past year. Chris' vocals are spot on and it's lovely to hear a song from them without piano for once.

9/10

Planets Of The Universe - Fleetwood Mac

I love this song, it's so beautiful, especially when compared to the mangled version that would turn up on Stevie's 2001 solo album. Stevie just sounds so heartbroken when she's singing this song, it really hits a nerve in me whenever I hear it. I love how simple the music is too, so it doesn't detract from the pain in the lyrics.

Like a Stone - Audioslave
I'm not a massive fan of Chris Cornell's voice in general, but I think it really suits this song, it's quite downbeat and subdued, even Tom Morello's solo sounds and feels subdued. It's a rock song about a serious subject that is good, it's proof that you don't have to make whiney ballads to communicate emotion.

Crank it up - Ashley Tisdale.

Not normally my kind of music, but wow I'm impressed with this one. Especially considering who it is.

Carry Me Over - Avantasia

I'm really getting into my Epic Power Metal. The lyrics are amazing...Here have a sample:

Never been told my prayers would be answered
Wherever I go, I see you around
Never been told that something that beautiful
Would bring me up to let me down

Waiting up on the roof
Waiting up in the rain
Just to catch a glimpse of your face

Even when you're around
Still I'm out of sight, out of sound
In your world I'm out of place

Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now
Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now

You're like a ghost that I can't let go
You follow every step that I take
Never thought someone could be too close to you
Now across the street is miles away
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com

And now I might as well
Be the man on the moon
I am watching but you don't seem aware

But I won't be around
I'll be out of sight, out of sound
Someone's gonna wait, somewhere

Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now
Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now

(Solo)

Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now

Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now
Somebody carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now

Carry me over
Carry me over
Carry me over now

Carry me over now

I recommend this band to anyone that likes power/battle metal...

Flo Rida - Right Round

It's not a bad song, but I still think the likes of Low and Bad Boys with Alexandra Burke are better. Must be good, considering it got to number one in the UK. Regardless, it's quite catchy for a cover.

8/10

Steel Panther - Stripper Girl

Formerly known as Metal Skool, These guys rock, I dont how to describe them 'comedy glam rock' but basically the song is all about ...welll.....hitting on a stripper!

Jay Sean Feat. Lil' Wayne - Down

I liked him from Ride It, but this song really does it for me. Heard it made number one in the States, so I'm hoping it'll happen in the UK as well. He's making quite a name for himself and he's British, too! At this rate, I'm looking forward to his future songs because they'll be hits for sure.

10/10

Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart

Very uplifting song! Taio's spot on with his vocals and the music is very catchy. Was glad it got to number one for the three weeks it did and hope that he releases some even better songs from his album soon!

10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Time is Running Out - Muse 10/10

Epic epic song, i remember it coming on in 5th ave once and I was like omfg i need to dance, but alas, I was dying for a piss and had been for about an hour so i had to toilet dance while I pee'd ¬_¬ It is one of my favourite muse songs though :wacky:

David Guetta Feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

This song ALWAYS reminds me of Turkey and it's a brilliant song to chill out to, especially when you've just got back from shopping round the town centre. Kelly's vocals are top notch and David's music skills are genius. I'd love to see them do another song together.

10/10

Tinchy Stryder - You're Not Alone

I don't what it is about the song, but I really enjoy your listening to it. I think it's mainly because though whilst it's rap, which I don't like all that much, it's not rapping for the sake of rapping, there's a meaning behind it. I think the background vocals of the women really adds a fantastic element to the song mind.

The music that plays during a ship ride to Orbis on Maple Story.

My gosh, it brings back memories from when I used to play that game a few years ago. I remember the first time my brother rode the ship with his character for the first time. Him and I were excited to see it because that was the first day anyone was able to ride it. The song itself is absolutely beautiful, which is why I have it on my iPod.

Sold My Soul, by The Used.

Usually not a band I listen to, which is weird. But I adore this song. I don't even know why I'm listening to this at 9am though...

I love the lyrics, think the lead singer's voice is amazing in this song. But the lyrics are just damn right GORGEOUS.

♫ I crawl underground for cover.
Stay out of my mind to keep from dying! From dying...

Sold my life to bring the rain! Maybe to wash me clean.
Sold my soul to stop the pain! Hoping you'd set me free.
All your fear! All your shame!
You know that you can lay it all on me!
You can lay it all on me!

Don't keep it inside, let it out, and lay it all on me... ♪♫

Damn Girl - All-American Rejects

I'm glad I started listening to AAR again. I used to be obsessed with their beautiful music, and I was definitely a fan of Tyson Ritter's beautiful self.
It just feels good to hear their music again. It's hard to listen to most of their songs, because remembering back kinda hurts -but at the same time, feels amazing.

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

Easily his best song yet and I'm glad it reached the top of the UK music charts when it did. It always gives me this rush and I always find myself dead excited when it's playing! If anyone likes dance music with moderate amounts of singing, then I'd definitely recommend the man/machine that is Calvin Harris!

10/10

'Past Mistakes' by Tricky

I absolutely love this song, in fact I love most of his work. He has such a different approach to the Rap/Hip-Hop genre that everything he does seem's original to him without getting recycled to death...

David Guetta Feat. Akon - Sexy Bitch

I'm usually hot and cold with Akon, but his pairing with David Guetta is quite hot in itself. The song gets me into a trance sometimes and just has me dancing along. Even though the lyrics repeat themselves a bit, it really works well.

9/10

Around The World - Daft Punk

LOVE IT. My cousin was playing a game on her DS. I think it was called Boogie? Anyway, the song, One More Time - Daft Punk was on and omg I had to get it. It's such an old song, I love listening to it and remembering. I downloaded a load of music from them. Good songs<3

The Dandy Warhols - We Used To Be Friends

Hmm, not a bad song. First heard it through watching Veronica Mars a few times recently and found it quite addictive. Give it time and it'll grow on me.

8/10

Back