[V5] What are you currently listening to?

History of Lovers - Iron & Wine

Been in the mood for this genre of music lately. It's a song that I had downloaded onto my computer but hadn't really listened to before.

Louise only got from me innocent poetry
Although she played to not listen
But still I can hear myself speak as if no one else
Ever could offer the same

Some say she knowingly tasts like a recipe
Although so foolish and willing
I said babe I can picture you bend as if wanting to
Bow as the curtain goes down

Coddle some men, they'll remember you bitterly
Fuck 'em, they'll come back for more
I asked my Louise would she leave and so cripple me
Then came a knock at the door

"I came for my woman", he came with a razor blade
Bound like us all for the ocean
I hope that she's happy I'm blamed for the death of
A man who would take her from me

Sugababes - Red Dress

It's a nice little song to sing along to. I recently downloaded it because it was in It's A Boy Girl Thing and I've always liked the second lineup to the babes. The chorus is the most catchy part just like most of their songs. The girls do well with their own solos and make this one of their best songs to date.

9/10

James - Sit Down

Totally forgot about this song until Jim reminded me about it. Thanks a lot Jim. It's in my fucking head now :hmph: <3 Pretty nice song I must say, one of those ones easilly forgotten though I guess, but still nice to hear again.

7/10

Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone

The song's about someone leaving a relationship because they think they're not good for their partner. I thought it was something similar to that when I first heard this. Kelly's always be able to convey such strong emotion in her songs and this is no exception. If anything, this song's really soothing me right now. The chorus is heartbreaking, but beautiful.

10/10

Abakus - Rocket

I love this Ambient project <3. It's by the son of the Kinks frontman. He has several projects and although this is his least popular, I certainly think it's the most relaxing and enjoyable to listen to. Always makes me want to listen to it again when I am done with it.

Are you real? As real as the sun...
Can you feel? You feeling in your heart.

10/10

N-Dubz Feat. Mr Hudson - Playing With Fire

I didn't really like them until just recently. This song has become one of my rare favourites now. Adding Mr Hudson in there is just genius, even though he only has a small part. I particularly like Tulisa's voice here. The song's got a very deep and hidden meaning. And like most songs I hear, the chorus is fantastic.

9/10

Fiction Factory - (Feels Like) Heaven

One of my favourites and definately one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Truly a one-hit wonder though seeing as the rest of the work wasn't as good, though made bad by the bar they had set with this song.

Sure you'll all recognise is from a few movies.

BucketHead - Hills of Eternity

Most people know of BH from guitar hero. I know him from there also, but what i find sad is that they don't take the time to listen to his softer toned vibes. This song literally makes me wants to lay in an open field for days at a time. Vocals don't make music. BucketHead shows us this.

10/10

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight

A pretty good comeback for Xtina. The video's very strange and so is the song in a dark, compelling way. But it's nicely produced and her vocals are just as strong as her last single. I like how it's about not being yourself tonight and I like how it pays homage to her early days in the business. It's nice to see her going back to these kind of songs again.

9/10

Jerry C - Canon Rock.

Pachebel's Canon with a bit of improvisation from Jerry. One sexy piece of guitaring I must say, but I still prefer the original by a long shot. It just popped into my head so natrually I had to put it on.

7/10

Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me

I hadn't heard this in ages and it's a very fun, harmless song to relax to. The video's pretty funny with her dancing in the bedroom. She can really sing and writes her own song. I don't mind country now I hear this. I used to frown upon it. Like how Taylor can go from low to high in a matter of seconds in this song, too.

8/10

Feeder - Just A Day

Wonderful song, wonderful lyrics, wonderful melody. One of the greates which get's buried when Britney comes out with a new hit unfortunately. At least they have a loyal following. The video is just amazing too. I love how they just have fans or friends just dancing to the song. Especially the little boy on the drums <3. And the asian guys <3.

10/10

Lately I've been listening to the following songs a lot on my iPod:
- Cake and Sodomy - Marilyn Manson
- Elder's Dub - Groundation
- Basket Case - Green Day
- Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.
- Take It All Away - Cake
- Zombie - The Cranberries
- Highway Star - Deep Purple
- War Pigs - Black Sabbath

... and many others.

Scouting For Girls - This Ain't A Love Song

It's a nice little song and deserved to go straight to the top spot when it was released. I like how they're still sticking to their usual sound for their next album. Love the lead singer's voice, it's strange and unique. The chorus is always the catchy part. When it comes towards the end, it's at its peak for me.

9/10

Amy Macdonald - This Pretty Face

I first heard this when I was in the dentist, believe it or not. I can safely add this to the list of her songs I really like, including This Is The Life and Run. Her sound is more or less still the same here - which is good, as it kind of defines who she is. What I really love about this song is that it touches upon a particular topic really well. It's basically criticising how celebrities are always superficially given massive media attention nowadays purely because of their looks rather than what is inside them. The lyrics are powerful and I love the amount of thought that had gone into them.

9/10

The Dears - No Cities Left

9.5/10

One of the most overlooked albums of the last decade, a fantastic record from the Canadian band. There's hints of Morrissey and Damon Albarn in the vocals, but really Murray Lightburn's vocals are in a category of their own, and I love the mixture of everything from ballads to noise rock throughout. To cap it off, there's a superbly haunting last few minutes which linger after the final track is over.

Nancy Ajram - Zaman Kan Andi Alb

Such a sad love song of a guy breaking the heart of a woman. Nancy's vocalizing is so breathtaking in this song it's amazing. The soft guitar solo really adds a nice touch to the songs deepness. It's just a sad, beautiful song.

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

My favorite band, this song always calms me down hmm. Which reminds me, I need to get this album again. D:

Street Map = Athlete

"One day, it's gonna happen. I dunno when I'll be on your street. But I know one day, it's gonna happen. And you're gonna be swept off your feet."

Found them by chance while watching some fan-made music video for Ugly Betty, back when I was a devoted watcher of the show. I've become totally enamored with the lazy and dreamy quality of the song from the drawn out violins, the wonderful percussion, and the buildup at the 2.50 mark. It's wonderful stuff. Britain had and probably always will continue to come out with some great bands, I gotta say. Wow.

10/10

Back