What are you currently reading?

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.
So far so good. The story is captivating, but I wish they could soon stop calling Jon Snow "bastard". Is there even a synonym for the word?

Such an amazing series, it had me hooked after a few chapters. Eagerly awaiting A Dance With Dragons, if it EVER comes out...

I'm currently reading Thus spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche at a friend's insistence that it would do me some good. It's very deep, obviously, for a philosphical work, but it's really easily accessible. Trouble is I always get interrupted whenever I pick the thing up XD

I'm also rereading Mort by Terry Pratchett. Because he's awesome.

I'm reading Carrie by Stephen King. I have seen the movie like hundred times and decided to read the book. Its really interesting and really different from the movie.

I love books by Steven King! But, as of right now I'm reading Jim Butcher's series, The Dresden Files. I'm on book seven and its titled, Dead Beat. Good series actually.

The Pirate King for the last few months. It is just that boring. Oh and finished up another manga for VHD which totally rocked, btw.

I honestly haven't had much time to read lately, but I do have a few on my list when I get some time: The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (as a crazy LOTR fan I feel kind of obligated ^_^); Dune by Frank Herbert, because I love sci-fi and I got a free copy; and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLFGqTjz_U

"Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld. I love steampunk and this looks like a pretty interesting one :)

Currently re-reading Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone for about the fiftieth time at least. Seriously. No exaggeration.

I'm also reading a book called The Last Days by Scott Westerfield. If anyone knows his books then The Last Days is the sequel to Peeps, so I'm pretty excited to read it.

I'm also reading a book called The Last Days by Scott Westerfield. If anyone knows his books then The Last Days is the sequel to Peeps, so I'm pretty excited to read it.

Ohhh I LOVE his books, I really want to pick up The Last Days because I loved Peeps... I've read all of his books that I can find. :gonk:

I'm reading Skinned by Robin Wasserman, and.. it's weird. I'm not sure I like it yet... despite being at least a third of the way through it. It's a trilogy apparently, but I can't see myself reading the rest unless this one gets really good... It's about a girl who's put in an artificial body and gets a ton of shit for it. :hmmm:

Next on my list is Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead. It's the 5th book in the Vampire Academy series, and the last one was kinda a cliffhanger, so I really can't wait. :x3:

Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Just finished: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Plan to read: The other 5

Lol.

I go through the series once a year...so it's that time again. I did just recently read Cold Mountain, the Reader and The Almost Moon. Cold Mountain is fantastic, the Reader is a bit dry, but interesting. the Almost Moon was extremely disturbing, however.

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

On occasion I will attack one of the classics, if only to be able to say I've read it. This one I am thoroughly enjoying though. As a modern day reader, I find Stoker's prose much easier to get into than that of most of his comtemporaries. I hate reading classic literature where you constantly have to refer to the notes in the back of the book to get the full meaning of words and phrases.

Twilight

Ive started reading them again, summat to do mostly, and Im just a fantwat and not ashamed to admit it... I realy enjoy it, even if some of the stuff IS cliched and...well, shit. I still like it :8F:

Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk.

As much as I loved his previous work, I'll have to say that since Snuff the quality of his output has steadily declined.
I mean he's done all of it before - and much better - the bold setting of thnreferences is bloody anoying and all in all a total let down.

He should try something new, or just take more time to write, a year per book is obviously not enough.

Wish I could get my 12€ back oO

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer.

It's not a bad book on its own. It's interesting to finally see from the viewpoint from a typical bloody thirtsty newborn. I'm really starting to warm to Bree's character in general and it's intriguing to hear more about her than I did in Eclipse, since she was only there for a cameo.

The Legend of Huma by Richard A. Knaak, first book of the Dragonlance Heroes series. Great story of how a young Knight not only befriends a minotaur, falls in love with a half-elf maide (Who's more than she seems), saves the Knighthood and banishes the Dark Goddess back to her realm.

I'm currently re-reading the Percy Jackson series, I'm up to the Battle of the Labyrinth and I've really enjoyed them the second / third time round.

I love how he manages to blend Greek Mythology with modern day America, and the characters are really interesting. I've just finished the chapter with Calypso, and it's really powerful stuff for a teenage fantasy novel. You can't help but feel sorry for Calypso, and you really care about what's going to happen to these characters.

It's just a really well written series, and I find them perfectly entertaining. I'd recommend the series to anyone who likes the genre, as it proves that there is life after Harry Potter.

Bud, Not Buddy for a school project. It's pretty interesting for a nonfiction book. It's about a 10 year old kid named Bud who escapes from the adoption center to find his dad that he never met, and meets a musical group which may or may not have his dad as a member.

The Island of Doctor Moreau by H. G. Wells

I have never gotten scared from reading a book before, but last night while reading this I was put a little on edge since the main character was being stalked through a forest by a fleshy something in the middle of the night. But it's still a good book!

Who Loves You Best by Tess Stimson

Once I saw "a great beach read" on it I knew I should have put it back on the shelf. But since it was on sale...

Here is an unforgettable story about the complex choices women make for love, motherhood, and family- and the unexpected events that open our hearts to what really matters in life.

Meet Clare Elias, who feels more than ready to conquer being a parent. She's already mastered the business world, running a flourishing chain of boutique flower shops. Her husband, Marc, is handsome, successful, supportive- and nearly a decade her junior. Clare is at the top of her game, so how hard can motherhood be?

Then the babies come- both of them. And Clare finds herself in the midst of the crisis faced by every woman who's ever tried to Have It All. She's sworn she won't have her children raised by nannies the way her inattentive mother did, but when help arrives in the form of pretty, young, hyperefficient Jenna, Clare has no idea that bringing this stranger into her family will change everything. As Marc becomes distant and secretive and, worst of all, one of her babies gets sick, Clare- and Jenna- must make the kinds of heartwrenching decisions that no woman wants to face.

Wise, witty, and powerfully emotional, Who Loves You Best captures the working mother's joys and frustrations- as well as the guilty secrets of nannies- in a tale that is surprising to the very end.

It sounds extremely dull, and to be honest, it is. I'll probably finish it up quickly (it's only about 400 pages) and put it away for good.

Back