What did you do when Aeris died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there were more characters with meanings to them, but I really enjoyed Aeris, and what's wrong with making it personal? There are many people who took this game personal after that happened.

I was one of those People :) so there is nothing wrong in making it personal - I think that after the death FFVII became more serious and sinister - there was rarely any happy moments after it :(

I think you people are forgetting something very key to your sanity, this key links what i call the real world and what you call the "real world".
I think what im trying to tell you guys...sadly, that....IT IS ONLY A GAME.
And i dont think a rule exists where you can protect a Final Fantasy character on these forums. to do so youd have to take that up with Darkblade. I also find it a little unnecessary to make up such a rule, for if a mod has complete power, he or she will use it to his or her advantage. In my case Lady Aerith, my OPINION is wrong because your the higher power and you say so, am i correct. But heres where Im stuck...How can an opinion be wrong? I was clearly stating what i thought and i got a rash of $h**.
I would like it if you were a little kinder to people, and quit using your power to your advantage. Now, ill say it again:
I did not like Aeris. She had no real role in the game, nothing to get you motivated for her use. She is weak in Physical attacks, i didnt like that because thats basically all i use in the game. Her storyline didnt hit me well enough to say " she fits well in the game"

And i dont think a rule exists where you can protect a Final Fantasy character on these forums. to do so youd have to take that up with Darkblade

You find me where it says we cant defend a FF character and we'll stop. but anyway theres nothing saying we cant defend our opinion.

I would like it if you were a little kinder to people, and quit using your power to your advantage.

You've been here 5 minutes and your challenging a mod in public? since you mentioned the rules earlier id advise that you yourself go over them. besides she didnt say your opinion was wrong - you flamed another person for saying that after Aeris died it become personal - flaming is against the rules.

She had no real role in the game, nothing to get you motivated for her use.

I think we played two totally different games here - Aeris is - after cloud - the most important character in the game, pay attention to her and the role she plays in the storyline, or if you mean role as in job class - Aeris is a white mage - a class which is often Vital for your survival, after the death of aeris you lose your white mage tank which increses the difficulty curve.

She is weak in Physical attacks, i didnt like that because thats basically all i use in the game. Her storyline didnt hit me well enough to say " she fits well in the game"

Yes Aeris is weak in physical stats - however try using magic - then she blows them all outta the water, or if you want her to be a strong physical character -get her umbrella at the gold saucer speed square and equip her with that thing which increases attack by ten (the name escapes me at the moment) and you'll find that she'll take a good 500 points more than every other character at the point of the game. and as stated Above Aeris is the 2nd most important character - so without her you'd lose half the games storyline.

So to stay in topic - the death of Aeris is a crushing blow to your party - you lose your White mage tank and the most powerful spellcaster, in short you lose a character which could have been molded into the strongest one. which is a real shame.

I think you people are forgetting something very key to your sanity, this key links what i call the real world and what you call the "real world".
I think what im trying to tell you guys...sadly, that....IT IS ONLY A GAME.
And i dont think a rule exists where you can protect a Final Fantasy character on these forums. to do so youd have to take that up with Darkblade. I also find it a little unnecessary to make up such a rule, for if a mod has complete power, he or she will use it to his or her advantage. In my case Lady Aerith, my OPINION is wrong because your the higher power and you say so, am i correct. But heres where Im stuck...How can an opinion be wrong? I was clearly stating what i thought and i got a rash of $h**.
I would like it if you were a little kinder to people, and quit using your power to your advantage. Now, ill say it again:
I did not like Aeris. She had no real role in the game, nothing to get you motivated for her use. She is weak in Physical attacks, i didnt like that because thats basically all i use in the game. Her storyline didnt hit me well enough to say " she fits well in the game"

Excuse me? I'm using my power to it's complete advantage? No, it has NOTHING to do with the character, it has to do with the way you're treating other members because they are connected to a character. So what her story didn't "hit you" as well, but there is no excuse at all for you to make another member who appreciates her character feel like crap about it because you don't agree with their opinions. I'm not talking about character here, I'm talking about the way you treated Blaze. I don't want to see that from anybody. If you want to continue arguing with me, I won't hesitate to give you a warning.

She had no real role in the game, nothing to get you motivated for her use.

She had no role in the game? Uh, she, Cloud and Barret were the only three playable characters actually needed for the story to progress. Everyone else could have been left out and the story wouldn't have changed much.

What Did I Do!!??

:dry: Hmmmmm... I was pissed!! I had liked her character alot!! She was a good character! I had played on hoping that maybe just maybe she would come back to life but she didn't!! ;) But then she did!! I mean if you think about it her and Cloud have been in a ton of other Games and so in the end I feel happy again cause obviously even though she died Square fans liked her so much that they had to give her a Pheonix Down!!!

Lol i was gutted, i mean i spent all that time leveling her up as i'm sure she was one of my main 3 on my first playthrough. For her to die. I never use her now when i replay it.

I don't want to see this turn into a Love Triangle thread, so please keep those thoughts to yourself. We've already had to close about 3 of those threads because they cause so much friction between members. Stay on topic, please.

It was only one post. =/

A friend had the audacity to tell me not to train her. I was like "=O why?" Fortunatly for the impact of it, he didn't tell me. I used her once or twice, mind.
As for what I did, I probably just sat there thinking "hah, no way." Shame the graphics were underdeveloped... that scene could look so amazingly gory.

Obviously, and one post is what can start it all. That's why I'm saying it needs to stop now and we need to stay on topic. Please don't question my judgement. I've seen it happen far too often and I really don't want it to again. We've tried to hold intelligent debates, but you get the rabids who don't want to debate and just want to flame.

That was a really painful way to die, because it was almost like Harakiri. I also was too shocked to notice Sephiroth's sword had no blood on it when it pierced Aerith.

I was like

Oh nooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Tifa x Aerith will never happen........damn you Sephiroth!!!!!!!!!:mad: j/k.

I was slightly shocked by her death.

As much as I hated the event, because when I first played through the game, Aerith was one of my main characters, it did the plot well. If Aerith didn't die, then the plot wouldn't have thickened. And Cloud would've given up, because I remember him saying something like, "I don't want him to hurt anyone else, he needs to be stopped" (or something of that nature), right before the "Insert Disc Two" part comes up.

I also was too shocked to notice Sephiroth's sword had no blood on it when it pierced Aerith.

I doubt it, but I think that there was blood in the japanese version. I dont believe it though, because I would've seen it somewhere on google.

Last edited:
I was upset. I actually knew that she was going to die because my older cousin told me. But I didn't knew how until I got to that point myself. When it was over, I was just mesmerized by what I saw. (It was 8 years ago so I was 10.)
I was very bummed that the first disc ended because I was borrowing the games first disc and didn't have the 2nd disc at the time.

Well i suppose i can say that i really did not care...since i really don´t like Aeris and always saw her as one of the weakest in the group.:huh:

But i just got kind of annoyed with the fact that i had been wasting time training her and now it was useless...

Well i then carried on with the game not caring about Aeris and actually believing that it was better she died^_^

I hope no one hates me for it.

Well i suppose i can say that i really did not care...since i really don´t like Aeris and always saw her as one of the weakest in the group.:huh:

But i just got kind of annoyed with the fact that i had been wasting time training her and now it was useless...

Well i then carried on with the game not caring about Aeris and actually believing that it was better she died^_^

I hope no one hates me for it.

No, of course we don't.......*Secretly starts hating Jimmy*

Literally?

I sat on the corner of my bed and continued staring at my television. As for emotions I felt, I suppose the dominant one would be shock. I didn't see her death coming.

Can't say I care she died.

I doubt it, but I think that there was blood in the japanese version. I dont believe it though, because I would've seen it somewhere on google.

There was no Blood in the japanese Version - or anything special in the japanese Version :dry:

RIGHT that decides it! im going to make a Japanese game thread stating exactly whats different in the japanese version - just so i NEVER have to read another post that says "In the japanese version there is..."

And to stay on topic

Aeris death is still kinda painfull for me to watch - i NEVER include the stabbing part in any of my Cleris videos - its just too painful really :sad:

I actually cried................the first time I saw it. Which was several years ago. I was about 12 yrs old and things like that still made me emotional, even though it was a videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back