What did you do when Aeris died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first I thought that somehow she was sopposed to come back, then when i got to the 3rd disk that changed to "damn man she ain't comin back", then it changed to "dammit! why did she take 100000 gil worth or equipment with her! all in all i was sad, for the girl who i used as a spellcaster, the materia she died with, and what she could have offered to the story if she was alive.

And what do you have against yuffie anyway!!!!
Don't you get all her materia and equipment when you wake up in Gongaga with Tifa and Barret?

Anyways, yesterday I got to the bit where Aeris died. I thought it happened in some big room full of water and I didn't realise that Cloud took her there after she died. So I was really surprised when Sephiroth came down and killed her. That and I thought it happened at the end of disc 2.:P
It was so sad when she floated down in the water. I nearly cried. I know it sounds stupid but people cry in films. Don't they?:huh:

Don't you get all her materia and equipment when you wake up in Gongaga with Tifa and Barret?

Anyways, yesterday I got to the bit where Aeris died. I thought it happened in some big room full of water and I didn't realise that Cloud took her there after she died. So I was really surprised when Sephiroth came down and killed her. That and I thought it happened at the end of disc 2.:P
It was so sad when she floated down in the water. I nearly cried. I know it sounds stupid but people cry in films. Don't they?:huh:

Yeah. I admit it. I almost cried as well. Everytime I reached there too. I reached that part like 5 times, and it never stopped breaking me down.

i admit i cried cos i wasn't expecting it at all. Then i just cursed the game for a few days afterwards lol

But even so... Sephiroth still kicks ass and still the best character of all.... But Aeris is still dead :'(

Not really, I only care for characters that I like not for ones that I don't like.

Aeris' death is a great plot device because it causes motivation for the others, just because a character is no use in battle (which for Aeris is NOT true btw :)) doesn't mean you can't like them as a whole, Aeris is an easily likeable (sp?) character and her death is saddening to the player as far as video game story lines go.

i was really annoyed more than anything because it happened way too soon in the game but i supppose it was better to do it earlier than later when she has really good armour

I plunged my hand back into the bag of Fritos and ate a handful of corn chips. Afterwards, I scratched my ass and repositioned myself so I was slightly more comfortable.

I dozed off for a few seconds as Cloud spoke with Sephiroth. Once they stopped talking and the battle began with some random monster, I perked up a little.

And that's about it.

Didnt really do anything TBH.
I wasn't that bothered really, although I did think to myself what was the point of leveling her up or letting her learn magic from the materia! Oh well

When sephiroth came down over Aeris i just sat on my bed stunned. My mouth wide open and was like man... I wanna go kill sephy now :D I was going to make my own buster sword and find where sephy lives and kill him :D but on a more serious matter i nearly cried when i saw it but who didnt really :D

I laughed for a bit...she was a useless character. Then I almost cried when I realized that I had her Lvl 4 Limit and she was already dead (crying for the wasted item, not her death lol)

Yes, because apathy is so awesome...:dry: Anyway, I never actually cried, but I'd be a fool to claim that it wasn't a sad, emotional scene for me. Though I wasn't bawling my eyes out and weeping openly like a house wife watching a bad Spanish soap opera, I was certainly moved by it. Really, all I could do was watch silently as Sephiroth dropped from the ceiling and impaled Aerith. I don't think some of you really understood the magnitude of what had just happened. Sephiroth had just killed someone who many perceived as Cloud's main love interest in the game, something never before done in a Final Fantasy game. What's more, it was so...unexpected. Here you are thinking "Okay, Cloud stopped himself. Everything is going to be okay." Aerith is still smiling peacefully, and without warning, Sephiroth drops down and takes her life. Just like that, she's dead.

What's more, Aerith's Theme is a very well orchestrated piece and perfectly fit the subsequent battle. It further added to the impact of the whole thing and more or less confirmed for the player that Aerith was never coming back. After all, why bother playing her themesong if they were just going to heal her with Cure immediately afterward? In fact, this was when I really started reacting to it. Yes, I know that this wasn't the ultimate moment of sadness in any video-game, but really, I think we both know that those who claim to have reacted so casually to this scene were most likely the ones weeping endlessly for the next fifteen minutes. Well, unless they already had it spoiled for them (which is, admittedly, highly probable). That does take away a lot of the impact.

my brother loved aerith but i passed it over. it sucked because she was a big part of my team. i had to go get more cure materia T_T but it would have been sweet if she had lived.

I knew it was coming when she dies so I treated it like just an old regular event. I did not really use Aerith anyway since she only stuck around for a little bit so I figured it was pointless to try to level her up much when I could have been focusing my attention on other characters I'd be using more often the rest of the game. It was just another passing event for me this time around.

I laughed for a bit...she was a useless character. Then I almost cried when I realized that I had her Lvl 4 Limit and she was already dead (crying for the wasted item, not her death lol)

I've never heard of people laughing at the death of a character. Oathkeeper's right....do you get joy off of apathy? Do you think it makes you look cool that you laughed over her death? I'd hate to see how you'd react if another female character in an FF game were to die. It's pretty pathetic to see somebody would actual cry over losing her level 4 limit as opposed to the storyline and impact on her death. You have issues.

I've never heard of people laughing at the death of a character. Oathkeeper's right....do you get joy off of apathy? Do you think it makes you look cool that you laughed over her death? I'd hate to see how you'd react if another female character in an FF game were to die. It's pretty pathetic to see somebody would actual cry over losing her level 4 limit as opposed to the storyline and impact on her death. You have issues.
Heh...don't worry, Lady Aerith, you know as well as I do that the people who claim to have laughed at her death were really the ones who were bawling their eyes out to the point where they turned red as they plowed through boxes of tissues like they were Lays potato chips. From past experience, those are the people who attempt to hide their feelings because they're too insecure to admit that they even have emotions in the first place. I wouldn't really call it apathy so much as I would call it a lack of self-confidence. :P

I was about 7 when I saw it so I really didn't have any idea what was going on and I kinda figured she stand up and walk off after the scene. Then after awhile I realized she was dead and it didn't matter because I was further in the game.

Only laughed since she was useless, and I liked the way Sephiroth killed her. I think it is just so evil (I cheer for the villans) that he tried to get Cloud to kill Aerith, then killed her himself - and for kickers, right in front of him! No, I don't get a kick off of seeing main characters die lol. And when I said I cried after losing the limit, I didn't mean I literraly cried. I mean, dude, why would I cry about something like that?! I got ticked that I found it and couldn't use it, but that's about it. As for if think it makes me look cool after her death - Nah, wasn't even thinking about that. No, don't think that would make me look cool. So, just lighten up a little lol.

And if it's any consolation to you, I was one of the few that didn't expect her to die so early. I actually leveled her up (had her as my main magic user....mistake) and when she died, had to change alot of things lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back