Who are your main guys?

FRAN(with poles and good magic also leader),BASCH(with spears and arcane magic),ASHE (my good pally with AXES AND HAMMERS with a shield on the side)WOOT

I tried leveling up all of my characters evenly until they were all about 25-30, then I just got lazy and stopped, and happened to Have Fran, Vaan, and Balthier in my party at the time, so now they're my "main" party.

I usually use Vaan, Basch and Ashe. They are the best characters ever! I'm not sure about the rest though Balthier seems to be alright...

I try to use them all, but I end up with either Fran, Vaan, Basch, or Ashe as the three in my party. I use katanas on everyone.^_^

It really depends on what you have each character use. . . magic, close range or far range weapons, etc. I currently use Vaan, Balthier, and Ashe to get the job done, and train the other members of the party seperately

Basch I dunno he's strong
Vaan:coz u need a girl in ur team(Vaan is sissy)
Balthier:he's cool.

my main 3 were Vaan, Fran, and Balthier. Just because, they're the most baddassness. ha. Fran and Balthier basically start Vaan on his journey...so i say...these 3 are the main "friends". so, they were at level 40 something, when ashe, penelo, and basch were at like, 23. I got the embroidered tippet or whatever its called though, and got them all at the same level with a couple hours of killing....

Those 3 are my favs in the game though. Fran being mysterious, but lethal. Balthier being Vaans tutor almost, and Vaan being the central point of the game. Penelo in my eyes was just Vaans interest that tagged along. she had no part in the game really. and ashe, i just didnt like looking at her character. and basch..i dont know, hes just not as cool as my main 3.

EDIT : oh yeah, all my 3 had the same capabilities. I dont think its a smart move to have one person good at one thing. I didnt have any trouble in any battles, including boss battles, and i owe it to all of my characters being maxed out with abilities. and, all 6 of them having the same weapon, whichever does the most damage at that time of the game. The axes worked best for me. until i got the deathbringer. heck yeah.

Last edited:
I use all six of them, actually. They're all the same level. I don't know, I just have this thing with leveling up ALL the characters at the same time, as well as using ALL of them. I guess in a way I want to get as much as I can out of an RPG game. -_-

My main party is Vaan, Ashe & Penelo. I swap out Basch and Ashe every so often to keep someone else decently leveled...Right now I think the Vaan & Penelo are at level 31, Basch & Ashe at 28 and Fran/Balthier at 21...I want kind of a super party, but I also want to have a decent backup party...So I'll probably make sure to grind a bit with Balthier & Fran if the fall too far behind....but I'll tire after a while so it will never be even...

Vaan, Balthier, and Basch for me. I started off using Ashe instead of Balthier at first, but after finding more out about Balthier's character and his past, I was more inclined to use him as a main character more often.

Back