Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Asche

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Basch

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Penelo

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
For me it was Balthier, Ashe, and Basch. They all had the best weapons and armor, and buff and healing spells, but all my characters reached level 99. I never used black magic in this game except in a few instances. With this setup you can beat pretty much anything in the game including Omega Mk. XII and Yiazmat.

For me, it's almost always Vaan, Basch, and Ashe.

Then once a certain character gains a level, I switch them out with someone of a lower level like Balthier, I keep doing this until everyone is at the same level. :monster:

Fran, Ashe, and Penelo. At one point I very seriously contemplated replacing Ashe with Balthier, but I used a lot of magic and he blew in that department. I mostly just used them because their asses were by far the most pleasant.

I also kept all the characters equally levelled. Though I do remember Basch being a firm favourite because he was a great damage dealer and I gave him that spear, its name escapes me but the really powerful one, which I got really early by doing the little "trick" where you get through the dungeon it's in at far too low a level. I also kept Vaan in my party more often than I would have liked because it felt odd to run into a town with, say, Basch as the leader with Balthier and Fran in tow, only for them all to turn into Vaan - someone who I wasn't even seeing on screen a second ago. Just a personal thing, I guess.

My main party was Vaan, Ashe and Basch. I didn't use any of the other characters unless I absolutely had to. Vaan was my tank who took all of the damage. I always made sure he was buffed and equiped with a bubble belt. Ashe was my support/white mage, she made sure everyone was buffed/healed. Basch was my main damage dealer equipped with Masamune and Genji gloves.

mine are

Basch, Sword and shield, Heavy armour and techniques (leader}
Ashe,great sword and light armour, with many green nd white magicks
Penelo, bow and light armour, with all high leveled magic

You gotta always have Basch in your party he was like the heart, soul and body of my party and two other characters usually tagged along.

My usual party is Basch, a ranged character (Balthier and Fran), a mage/healer (Ashe and Penelo) and Vann (The waste of space:P) i use to change them over once they leveled up.

My main party usually consisted of Balthier, Ashe, and Basch. For some reason, I didn't have much trouble fending off monsters and getting around with them. I had Balthier and Ashe with the bow & arrows for long range attacks while Basch swing the handaxe around.

Vaan, Penelo, and Balthier.
All were gunners all with bubble on them. I also used Ashe and Basch but only when guns would bounce back.

Vaan,Basch and Ashe they just have something special that others don´t have

Mod Edit

Put more effort in your post please, say why you feel these three have something 'special'

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stick with Vaan, Fran and Balthier, sad to keep the original 3, but I thought it worked, used Vaan for attacking, and Balthier and Fran with bows for ranged and healing.

First two I would assign the summons to were Vaan (belias) and Basch (Mateus), beat the game for the first time without even aquiring any quickenings. still got a few hunts to go though, got to the rank of high guardian with all the rank VI marks defeated apart from the Robus? found at the entrance from the Salikwood in the Necrohol of Nabudis.
I think that when I entered the Pharos I had the main three at level 48, and the other 3 were down on 36, 37, but just before completition, the main 3 were up to 54, 53, 51, and through equipping Basch with the Embroidered Tippet I got him up to 48.

For most of the game though, Vaan was always in my main 3 characters.

I used my 3 favourite characters:

Balthier for his sense of humour and jokes and also for his guns (which are named after stars). He is my main character because he's cool!!!

Ashe since she's the main character and deserves to be in the main party. Also because I gave her the first few summons. I will not accept that Vaan is the main character. He's not.

Basch since he just has power and I'd hate to fight him. I also like fulminating darkness quickening... Awesome!!! Yeah, he actually has a decent role too.

Well I had Fran as my main heals along with some ranged damage when no heals were needed. Vaan was my lead. I had mostly use stat boost magic and offensive magic. always needed to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't cast the wrong thing. Basch was my melee guy so he took most of the damage. I'd use Asche as my main back-up character. she was balanced and was set up to fill any position that was needed.

Vaan & Basch never left my party once throughout the entire game. The third spot was always changing based on situation. In all honestly, I can't really say who filled that position the most. All I can say was it wasn't Penelo or Ashe, since those were the last two I leveled to lvl 99. In fact, when I defeated Yazimat, Penelo was still lvl 14... the level I acquried her at.

Mine are Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. I always had Vaan as the leader unless he died of course. I used these characters so that i could have both male and female in my team. Plus they were the only ones I leveled up.

Vaan, Balthier and Fran, with Vaan ALWAYS ALWAYS being in the party unless I was training others separately.

While, personally, I never liked Vaan as a character, I can't help but make the main character the main party leader. Just feels weird without the main character.

I have like 2 Teams, being the main :
Vaan (leader)
Penelo
Asche
and the others as other team, i train them all separately ^^, it's nice to change team when i find some gd spot for lvl, or i just feel that i want to change team.
The main party girls is mainly for magic, as i just love magic hehe

See, with this game, once I had all the characters, I picked a party and never changed them. I mean, there's really no point since EVERYONE can have EVERY weapon and EVERY skill. But whatever.

The problem with me, though, is that I have this weird little OCD about having the main character in my party, wether I like him or not.

Example? Zidane in IX. Dislike the monkey boy, but there he is in all his pirate-shirted glory.

Better Example? Vaan. Leave. Now.

SO, despite my...erm..unfondness. I always had Vaan in my party, either with certain two-handed swords or (usually) with one handed swords and sheilds.

I had Penelo as my healer (because it's GOTTA be a girl. Geez.) with Spears or two-handed swords.

And then Baltheir who (oddly..) I only gave things like hammers and certain swords. Never guns unless we were fighting a long-range enemy.

...Kinda felt guilty about that...

Back