Multiple Platforms Chrono Trigger

This game is my favorite RPG of all time. I played both on the SNES and PSX version. I think I'll get this version as well.

But if it's supposed to be Marl, why didn't they keep it as Marl in the fan re-translation? I looked at the script on the site and Marle's dialogue in the Japanese script said "マル” or Marl next to it.

I think the names of the main party weren't changed because you can change them yourself or something? idk exactly...I forget, do they change it to Kaeru? Maou?

This sounds uber cool, finally a reason to go get my DS from my cuz. I also hope they dont change any to crazy. And of course it would be cool to get some added content, maybe a new destenation to go to? Anyway sounds awesome and cant wait for it.:cool:

New places to go, yes. New bosses. New ending. New links to Chrono Cross...crazy? Perhaps...but crazy...like a fox!

Getting the game soon, hopefully tommorrow, for the DS and was wondering if anyone had any helpfull suggestions. This is one game I've been wanting to play for many years. Missed it on the SNES so glad the decided to release it for the DS. I hear it's basicaly a port with a few extra content. I.e. new ending, new optional boss and some coleseum thing.

Helpful suggestions?

Hm. I wouldn't say there's much suggestion you'll need here, considering the game itself is fairly easy to get past. With constant training before the Boss Battles, nothing can really obstruct you for long.

Also. When you reach the part where the Black Omen rises, do make sure you visit that place. It's probably one of the best training spots you can ever go to. Just leave the place when you need new monsters to challenge, or if you crashed it, go to a different time period, it'll be there!

Yeah meant any missable and things like that. I mean I don't mind if I miss say an elixer or some such but there are a few coveted items in any game.

Well, there's one good example.

Assuming you didn't bother, or failed to get, the most powerful sword Rainbow (Which grants a ridiculously high chance at Critcal Hits, and boasting a high attack status...), you could go for the (to me) second best (I forgot the sword's name, but it offers a pretty ridiculous times 3, or 4 whichever, to all Critical Hits you manage to get.)

However, to get this sword, you'll have to visit 'Forbidden Ruins' (Or something like that, accessible only through the flying Epoch. It's the only island with cities, and inaccessible via walking, or the ferry services, not the Medina village, NOTE. Also, it has the grave of Toma in the time 'Present'.) in the Middle Ages, repair it up totally, and everything. Once done, go on to complete the side quest, getting the new Masamune. HOWEVER. MAKE SURE you do not take any of the treasure chests in the entire quest. Instead, leave them totally untouched..

Then, head over to the time period, 'Present', and go into the ruins, which should be repaired. Call in someone to repair it if it isn't (Once again, i forgot), then take all the treasures. The treasures are pretty good too, and once of them is the sword i spoke about.

After taking them all, go back to the past and grab the treasures. And you'll get twice of what you would have got if you greedily grabbed the treasures whilst doing the quest. Neat huh?

This will make more sense once you get the game, but you check the chests in the past (the special black ones you can't open) with the upgraded pendant then open them in the future. You can then go back and open the chests in the past.

Great pick, this is one of my favorite squaresoft games, although a little easy after your first play through. Just remember that Ayla and Robo are really good, and Ayla can charm her way through black omen to make your party godly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Taban also has really good upgrades for luca if you use her a lot, so talk to him whenever you can.

Good luck

Last edited:
I can handle leaving the black chests alone for that. Just thought if it was all chests might make the game difficult really early on.

Is the ds version of Chrono cross any good? If so I plan on getting it. Does anyone know what the differences are in the dsd version. Is the ds version longer or about the same time?

I loved this game. I've never picked up the DS port but the original was fantastic. It's definitely one of the best non-FF RPGs I've ever played. As for tips and hints, I really can't give you that many. The game is fairly straight forward until the end. When you approach the end of the game, there are multiple endings... I suggest saving early and trying them all to see different outcomes.

Also, if its still included in the DS version, definitely start a New Game + after you've beaten the game once. Use the other teleporter at the Millenium Fair and beat the final baddy right away. You'll end up in a secret area after the battle.

haha, just think we have had thousands of copies on the shelves in the area ive been working in for about a week or so, coulda nabbed a few but nahh :P

It's awesome to be playing CT again on my DS ever since my PS remake version got trashed >.<

Have to say that I'm definitely enjoying the gameplay again, which makes me enthusiastic to play Chrono Cross again once I've finished CT ^^

I bought it off ebay and it came yesterday. I haven't played much of it so far, but I've really enjoyed what I have played. The battle system feels new but familiar all at the same time ^^

I've never played Chrono Trigger before, so I'm super-stoked about playing it on the DS.

You never played it before? o_O So what made you buy it then? Glad to see you like it though ^^

I'm currently trying to get all endings...I unlocked three so far. Frog is still my favourite character in the game XD

You never played it before? o_O So what made you buy it then? Glad to see you like it though ^^

I'm currently trying to get all endings...I unlocked three so far. Frog is still my favourite character in the game XD
I never played it before either!
I've played for around 6 hours so far, and right now, Frog is my favourite too!
It's a really fun game :)

Back