Final Fantasy VII Remake

I don't know if I could compare this to a book being made into a film really. My thing with a film coming out after a book is that all the imagination you came up with to form characters while reading the book, is totally different when actors fill that role in movies.

For FFVII, it's going from one visual setting to another. Sure the graphics are a lot better, but it's keeping the image the almost exact same and hardly altering anything at all.

I guess I can call it an interactive story but the thing is now that they have voices, it is kind of difficult for me now to imagine their voices myself.

I both do and do not hope they make a remake.
The thought of epic graphics, sound, music (Nobuo Uematsu preferably) etc.
But the whole feeling of the game would go down alittle compared to the graphics.

I think it'd be cool if they also made a FF VII game with alternative routes.
Like for example if you chose to level Aerith alot, and she hit, say, lvl. 30 before
dying
, she'd be able to survive or something.
Just a thought that i think would be a neat idea for a possible remake :tooweird:

I both do and do not hope they make a remake.
The thought of epic graphics, sound, music (Nobuo Uematsu preferably) etc.
But the whole feeling of the game would go down alittle compared to the graphics.

I think it'd be cool if they also made a FF VII game with alternative routes.
Like for example if you chose to level Aerith alot, and she hit, say, lvl. 30 before
dying
, she'd be able to survive or something.
Just a thought that i think would be a neat idea for a possible remake :tooweird:

If Aeris lived...it would ruin the whole concept of AC
as well as the rest of the game..they BETTER
not change anything about the story

I've heard tons of rumors and Game Informer Talk about FFVII being remade for the PS3.. with FFXII game play.. and of corse Materia.. I'd frikin love to see that.. I still play the original just to enjoy the story line.. after all.. it was.. and still is the best damn Final Fantasy Ever

Yes, I believe that there should be a remake. But as for them actually making one, i doubt they will for the sheer fact that i'll bet they have their hands tied up with XIII at the moment. Even after XIII does release though, i still doubt that a remake will be made, seeing as they already made spin-offs of it.

I think they do too much to FFVII. There are what, 4 games, 3 books/novels/whatever, a movie (soon remake), an OVA (soon to be another) and probably more I'm missing.

Though if there was a remake, I probably would want to play it and compare it to the original, but I think it would be hard to remake the game, they're probably going to have to make major changes, which many fans won't like.

The only reason I would want to see a remake is because the cinematics would be amazing, but the gameplay, I don't know. I'm not hoping for a remake, but if it happens, it happens and I'm sure I would go out of my way to play the game.

True, the only reason they do so much for FFVII, is b/c in most all FF fan's eyes, its the best FF, and they will make all they can so that they can maximize profit.

I truly hope they don't remake. It would be nice, sure. It'd be fantastic to see it all with modern graphics capabilities and other such great thingies. But my memories of FF VII are of the game as it is. How it was made to be back in the 90's. It got me into gaming in general and is still my favourite game in the whole wide world. For me personally, it'd ruin it if it was remade.

Of course I'd buy it and love it if it was remade, but it'd never be able to compete with the original in my mind. The blocky graphics and the numerous translation errors are just part of my memories of VII now. They shouldn't be altered. But each to their own I guess.

Not to mention im sure they wouldn't just remake a game b/c of the cinematics, they would change other things to. Which in my personal opinion made it one of the hardest games i have ever played, i only beat it just last year. I was ecstatic needless to say, lol.

But for me, and many other people I know, the game was more than just gameplay. I even know somebody who claimed to have learnt to read by playing FF VII (which is funny to me because of the gramatical mistakes that come with translation errors). They may indeed change things if they release a remake, not simply releasing the same game with a brand new skin and lease of life. They'd probably make Vincent and Yuffie more involved and even compulsory to maintain continuity with other titles in the series.

But there's nothing that'd make me love the idea. I'd be sure to enjoy the game and finding lots of things familiar, but improved. But I love the game as it is and get a strange sense of enjoyment out of its almost ancient appearance and having to change discs and reliving it just the way I remember it when I play through again. And I think I'm gonna go to bed and stop rambling on about it now haha.

VOTE NO TO REMAKE XD

But for me, and many other people I know, the game was more than just gameplay. I even know somebody who claimed to have learnt to read by playing FF VII (which is funny to me because of the gramatical mistakes that come with translation errors). They may indeed change things if they release a remake, not simply releasing the same game with a brand new skin and lease of life. They'd probably make Vincent and Yuffie more involved and even compulsory to maintain continuity with other titles in the series.

But there's nothing that'd make me love the idea. I'd be sure to enjoy the game and finding lots of things familiar, but improved. But I love the game as it is and get a strange sense of enjoyment out of its almost ancient appearance and having to change discs and reliving it just the way I remember it when I play through again. And I think I'm gonna go to bed and stop rambling on about it now haha.

VOTE NO TO REMAKE XD

why not a remake? and show different p.o.v.
like everyone's inner feelings
i dont understand why a remake isnt a wonderful thing
unless they do change the story completely

I think a remake would be.... how should i say... interesting. But with SE being tied down right now with FFXIII, i doubt they will have a chance to any time soon, if they would anyway.

If Aeris lived...it would ruin the whole concept of AC
as well as the rest of the game..they BETTER
not change anything about the story

Of course it would ruin the concept of AC (and FFVII).
It was an example, just picked one randomly out of thin air.
well umm lets say if we could prevent barrets childhood friend from comitting suicide then. (Better? xD)

The whole idea of a FFXII kinda gameplay both appeals to me and doesn't.
The whole tunbased style would be gone, which I'd hate.
Next thing you know, they shove in gambits as well -_-

Best would be if they just boosted up graphics, audio (same songs only better quality/real instruments) etc.

Also, after completing the game, it would be awesome if they had som extra content (bonus material) in the menu.
Like for example the scene in Crisis Core <spoiler>zack dies and he and cloud talks together.</spoiler> :aww:

Of course it would ruin the concept of AC (and FFVII).
It was an example, just picked one randomly out of thin air.
well umm lets say if we could prevent barrets childhood friend from comitting suicide then. (Better? xD)

The whole idea of a FFXII kinda gameplay both appeals to me and doesn't.
The whole tunbased style would be gone, which I'd hate.
Next thing you know, they shove in gambits as well -_-

Best would be if they just boosted up graphics, audio (same songs only better quality/real instruments) etc.

Also, after completing the game, it would be awesome if they had som extra content (bonus material) in the menu.
Like for example the scene in Crisis Core <spoiler>zack dies and he and cloud talks together.</spoiler> :aww:

Well if the gameplay was like from KH..i didnt like Crisis Core's battle system..then it would be okay...But Sqaure is wasting too much time of Advent Children...Whats next? a video game for the movie?

with the annoucement of ac:complete,which extends the end of ac,they are now scheduling a remake,they said they dont want to put a 12 year old pws1 port remake onto a next gen console,so at gdc 09,they were saying that it would be ported to the psp and if the hopes are ther,the psp,and it will be the complete version to the game with the content they cut out of the original ffvii,they said it would be rated m for their not censoring anything,but they aare4 trying to make it a t rating,its supposed to be released in the winter,this is true by the way,toriyama said also that he would try to make a new expansion to the ffvii universe where you play through sephiroths,genesis and angeals stories,not seperately,but all in one game,like choose the character and watch how shinra went from being a life saving to an earth threatening organization

with the annoucement of ac:complete,which extends the end of ac,they are now scheduling a remake
Where do you people come up with this stuff? :wacky:

The only thing Square Enix mentioned at GDC were the 3 games going to Wiiware.

they said they dont want to put a 12 year old pws1 port remake onto a next gen console,so at gdc 09,they were saying that it would be ported to the psp
Nothing at all was mentioned about a VII remake going to PSP. Furthermore, they wouldn't directly port FFVII to the PSP (or a next-gen console) as it's most likely impossible to do so, they would remake it from scratch even if the game in general was basically the same as the original. Plus, with the PS3 sales now rising and with SE wanting to get the sales as high as possible for future games, they'd make it for the PS3, especially with its immense popularity.
And if the hopes are ther,the psp,and it will be the complete version to the game with the content they cut out of the original ffvii
What content? :wacky:
They said it would be rated m for their not censoring anything,but they aare4 trying to make it a t rating
So you're trying to say the FFVII remake for the PSP will include:
- Strong language.
- Sexual content
- Intense violence
- Blood and gore

Apart from the fact SE are trying to broaden their audience, since when do they start making games for ages of 17+, and apart from minimal blood in Crisis Core when Zack dies, why would SE need to include any of the above?

Its supposed to be released in the winter,
They wouldn't have kept it silent for this long, and they wouldn't be able to do a remake within 7-9 months.
This is true by the way,
No, it's not.
toriyama said also that he would try to make a new expansion to the ffvii universe
A) Why would Toriyama say that since he's not an important figure in SE, it would be Nomura or Kitase who would have said it and B) They've started a 10 year project on the FFXIII compilation so the chances of making a new expansion to FFVII are somewhat, slim.

where you play through sephiroths,genesis and angeals stories,not seperately,but all in one game,like choose the character and watch how shinra went from being a life saving to an earth threatening organization
Why? The story focused on Cloud and in Crisis Core, Zack. Why would anyone want to see the viewpoint of those 3 characters?

Creative, but your story is severly flawed >.>

Hmmm, for me its a yes.

And if, for any instance, they will make remakes, I would suggest that Zack Fair would be revived. XD.

Sorry for my imagination.

Back